Proposal: Min - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Seen this on fb , and clicked the link. I Don't know how legit the site is. Just thought it was interesting.

"The Edmonton Oilers are rumored to be in trade talks with the Minnesota Wild for Mathew Dumba. The Wild requested Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, but a deal was not reached.

According to The Hockey Press, the Oilers and Wild are still negotiating a trade. The Wild are offering defenseman Mathew Dumba and center Jason Zucker, in exchange for center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and left winger Benoit Pouliot.

This potential trade fits the needs of both teams on the surface. However, the Wild do not have the salary cap space to complete this trade, which means another piece would have to be added. The Oilers may be enticed to retain salary if a high draft pick is in play."

http://www.nhltraderumors.me/2016/0...benoit-pouliot-mathew-dumba-jason-zucker.html

Last edited by a moderator:

JA

That doesn't sound like enough going to the Oilers, but knowing that the Hall for Larsson deal occurred, it's not unlikely at all that it could happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I read this article earlier. I highly doubt a deal gets done. Zucker is a big downgrade from Pouliot although he's younger. I don't see it happening without another serious piece being added.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
doesn't surprise me...they've been talking a lot for a couple years... they were close on a RNH for Brodin+ last year but couldn't agree on the +...

Im not a fan of Dumba, so for oilers sake I really hope it doesn't happen

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Anything with the hockey press is bad.
This deal won't happen after the oilers traded hall. This was talked about around the draft but the oilers wanted more than Dumba and it didn't happen

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
So in one offseason Chia would deal two former 1st overall picks for Adam Larsson and Matt Dumba? Uh ok

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Sorry, but I don't get the Oilers supposed fascination with Dumba.

The only thing that would make this trade entertaining would be the Wild re-acquiring Pouliot after most of their fans ridiculed the Oilers for signing him to that contract. :laugh:

P.S. I'm not a fan of Pouliot's contract either.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't like Dumba's hockey sense.. even back in junior you can't help but cringe at times when he has the puck in his own end. IMO its not a good idea potentially having one of Dumba or Nurse on the ice almost at all times of every game for the forseable future of this team. Both players are good, but tend to make odd decisions with the puck alot

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I fail to see how a rejected deal of RNH for Dumba is improved with a Zucker for Pouliot swap.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I read this article earlier. I highly doubt a deal gets done. Zucker is a big downgrade from Pouliot although he's younger. I don't see it happening without another serious piece being added.

Zucker is awesome, if he gets more time in Edmonton I think he could definitely flourish. One of the most underrated players in the league IMO.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Anything with the hockey press is bad.
This deal won't happen after the oilers traded hall. This was talked about around the draft but the oilers wanted more than Dumba and it didn't happen

I'm sure everyone thought Chiarelli wouldn't do a trade like that again after the Seguin fiasco.

I'd definitely pull the trigger on that if I were Fletcher.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That would be a terrible trade for the Oilers, that being said how could the Wild fit that deal under the cap?

P10p

May 15, 2012
So in one offseason Chia would deal two former 1st overall picks for Adam Larsson and Matt Dumba? Uh ok

Lol its fnunny how you talk about Dumba and Larrson as if they're nobodies. Larrson was in the convo for 1st overall and him falling to 4th was seen as a blessing. There was also talk that Dumba would be a top 5 pick. Barely fell outside the top 5 going 7th overall.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So Chia wasn't willing to do Nuge and Dumba straight up, but now we're going to swap Pouliot for Zucker and thats supposed to change something? Yeah I just don't see this happening.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Wild would not be interested in Poulliot, and would certainly not be interested in sending out 4-4.5M in salary and taking backing 10M.

This deal doesn't make sense. A Dumba + Zucker for RNH is more realistic, but still unlikely. If that deal was to be made, it would've been before the Staal signing.

Last edited:

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
I doubt Minnesota makes a trade in the offseason for another centre with the signing of Staal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad