Proposal: Miller to Carolina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
This is probably an accurate representation of what negotiating with JR is really like

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Carolina doesn't want an 8m ppg player signed long term into his 30s, time to leave this theory alone.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Lmao. So your outlook on players is nothing more than "look at points column".

Not much more needs to be said.

No, I looked at the points the player had and their cost at this moment and onword of the contract they have signed, which of course you just happen to leave out to make yourself feel better. What else shall we hold vaule? His choice in dogs or piza toppings?

Going into what side he shoots, can he turn on his right or left skate in the defensive zone and such are well what scouts do, niether of is a scout so I post what I can find, guaranted stats locked and readlily avaliable online to facillitate a convo or debate within reason.

The above is exactly the response I expectated from you, or on the internet in general. Again you posted crap with no substance. What is "Lmao. So your outlook on players is nothing more than "look at points column". Please do tell what we should discuss to come to the best conclusion of an NHL players worth?

Better yet don't, just move along and attack another person's perspective void of anything other then your own self assertions you are right since you seem DEEPLY incapible of backing up any thing you talk about.

You were right about on thing, when it comes to you on this board not much more needs to be said.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'll bite even though I know it's askin for trouble....

Kotkaniemi + Jarvis + Morrow + Car 1st for EP + Hoglander

Carolina just rebuilt the Canucks.
I wouldn’t touch that JT Miller contract if I’m Carolina.

But you way underrate EP if you think Jarvis and a low 1st is the base of a trade for him.

EP is one of the top 10 under 25 players in the NHL. And he’s a 1C. Great 200 foot player. Good defense he doesn’t get enough recognition for.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I wouldn’t touch that JT Miller contract if I’m Carolina.

But you way underrate EP if you think Jarvis and a low 1st is the base of a trade for him.

EP is one of the top 10 under 25 players in the NHL. And he’s a 1C. Great 200 foot player. Good defense he doesn’t get enough recognition for.

I think you're right on Carolina's view on Miller.

Morrow is a blue chip dman prospect as well. 2 blue chippers + a 1st is a pretty nice package. Do you think it changes the perception to swap in Nishkinin for Morrow? They're rated basically = in all the prospect rankings but it seems like the boards like Nishkinin more.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
If Carolina wasn't 2nd in the league and was 12th in my conference (2 points ahead of Arizona) yes.

Blue chipper top 6f - Jarvis
Blue chipper top 4d - Morrow
Middle 6c who is good defensively - kk
1st rd pick.

That's a great package turn turn the team around.

In Vancouver's shoes I'd also try to dump Miller and Boeser...bottom out for a year or two looking for elite forwards and be ready to compete in 3-4 years.

Right now Vancouver is basically Philly west with better pieces to sell.
You'd trade Aho for a top 6f, a top 4d, middle 6c and a 1st?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
You'd trade Aho for a top 6f, a top 4d, middle 6c and a 1st?

you didn't see the conditional did yas? If I was 12th in my conference and 2 points ahead of Arizona who has a 30m dollar roster I would.

It's time to rebuild. the writing is on the wall. it will take at least a few years. getting 4 good assets 22 and under is a good play in that position.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
you didn't see the conditional did yas? If I was 12th in my conference and 2 points ahead of Arizona who has a 30m dollar roster I would.

It's time to rebuild. the writing is on the wall. it will take at least a few years. getting 4 good assets 22 and under is a good play in that position.
It's not even close to enough for ~100 points in the last 82 games, 105 point pace this season, in the selke conversation 24 year old 1C.

There needs to be at least one elite piece coming back not a quantity package of good but not great things. Pettersson is the last player in the organization that we'd willingly trade but if he demands out we'll be looking for Byfield++ or Wright++ or something like that.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I think you're right on Carolina's view on Miller.

Morrow is a blue chip dman prospect as well. 2 blue chippers + a 1st is a pretty nice package. Do you think it changes the perception to swap in Nishkinin for Morrow? They're rated basically = in all the prospect rankings but it seems like the boards like Nishkinin more.
I think EP would be about impossible to acquire.

To me. EP is a blue chip. Jarvis isn’t. Nor is Nishkinin. They are great young talents but EP is an NHL star. Don’t think Jarvis ever becomes that. He’ll top out as good 2nd liner. Only thing I know about Nishkinin is that that’s playing very well in the KHL.

Carolina doesn’t need EP anyway.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
It's not even close to enough for ~100 points in the last 82 games, 105 point pace this season, in the selke conversation 24 year old 1C.

There needs to be at least one elite piece coming back not a quantity package of good but not great things. Pettersson is the last player in the organization that we'd willingly trade but if he demands out we'll be looking for Byfield++ or Wright++ or something like that.

I agree Petterson is a great talent...that's why I'm literally opening Carolina's cupboard and saying take your pick.

Petterson's contract is up soon. He's going to want 12-14m while Vancouver is 3-4 years from competing and by then he'll be 29 years old.

I think in a vacuum he's definitely worth a byfield or wright+ but in the real world those teams won't sell those pieces.

I also think you're selling Jarvis a little short. He's shown more in the NHL than Byfield and he'd move up in a redraft. He might not sound as sexy right now because he doesn't have top 5 pedigree.

At the end of the day I understand that Vancouver declines. Wish you the best in your rebuild/retool.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think EP would be about impossible to acquire.

To me. EP is a blue chip. Jarvis isn’t. Nor is Nishkinin. They are great young talents but EP is an NHL star. Don’t think Jarvis ever becomes that. He’ll top out as good 2nd liner. Only thing I know about Nishkinin is that that’s playing very well in the KHL.

Carolina doesn’t need EP anyway.

Fair enough. I can understand why EP wouldn't be available at all. Gotta take your shot and offer the best you can if it's at all a possibility without totally gutting your team.

Nishkinin is setting records in the KHL for dmen as a 21 year old with 55 points this season while being a mean SOB. Needless to say Canes fans are very exicted.

Reactions: Chan790

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Not remotely surprising imo

No it’s not.

Didn’t get any on Garland, Myers or Boeser either. Teams don’t want to acquire bad contracts. Unless they are selling bad contracts back to you.

At least these guys can get on with just playing hockey. While disappointed, I bet they are also relieved.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
No, I looked at the points the player had and their cost at this moment and onword of the contract they have signed, which of course you just happen to leave out to make yourself feel better. What else shall we hold vaule? His choice in dogs or piza toppings?

Going into what side he shoots, can he turn on his right or left skate in the defensive zone and such are well what scouts do, niether of is a scout so I post what I can find, guaranted stats locked and readlily avaliable online to facillitate a convo or debate within reason.

The above is exactly the response I expectated from you, or on the internet in general. Again you posted crap with no substance. What is "Lmao. So your outlook on players is nothing more than "look at points column". Please do tell what we should discuss to come to the best conclusion of an NHL players worth?

Better yet don't, just move along and attack another person's perspective void of anything other then your own self assertions you are right since you seem DEEPLY incapible of backing up any thing you talk about.

You were right about on thing, when it comes to you on this board not much more needs to be said.
There is not much more to say. You said it yourself. Points are the only thing that matter. Pure points.

Even-strength vs. PP points? Ignore. Defensive play? Ignore. Shot/chance metrics? Ignore. Zone exit/zone entry micro stats? Ignore. Forechecking ability? Ignore. Leadership/intangibles? Ignore.

Why should I discuss with you? You said yourself none of that matters. You said yourself, what else can we base an evaluation on? Just points.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
If only we had a Jack Johnson to trade to JR, he had always wanted to collect one of those, and to collect him twice for his card collection would have been sweet.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
There is not much more to say. You said it yourself. Points are the only thing that matter. Pure points.

Even-strength vs. PP points? Ignore. Defensive play? Ignore. Shot/chance metrics? Ignore. Zone exit/zone entry micro stats? Ignore. Forechecking ability? Ignore. Leadership/intangibles? Ignore.

Why should I discuss with you? You said yourself none of that matters. You said yourself, what else can we base an evaluation on? Just points.

Your a troll good bye, I said nothing like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad