Value of: Mikko Rantanen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd say look at the Marner thread. Similar contract situations, on teams looking to keep their windows open (ie, pure futures are of less interest, but also cap constraints)

I don’t think he’s the best comp

Rants has been one of the best playoff performers in the league during his time in Colorado.

Add the size+ 100 point skill set and he’s far too rare/valuable to be traded

Reactions: Easternbull

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
The Devils are generous: Meier for Rantanen. We also give you Hamilton. Don't worry about the cap space or NTC/NMC's or that you already have Makar and other offensive defensemen and that Meier is worse player than Rantanen. This is an offer you can't refuse.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
One billion dollars.
evil-doctor.jpg

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Lehkonen was probably the best trade pickup for Avs in the last decade. Clutch during the Avs run, very steady 2-3rd liner, well loved. If he leaves Avs should pack up and return to Quebec. How is Barron?
Barron is playing on the top-4 right now, with Guhle, on the pairing of the future.... but he is still raw. But he's getting ice time, running PP2, and he's a good example of a guy getting ice time he could never have gotten on his previous team, because Montreal can more readily accept his learning curve, even if it could cost some games.

And I have zero surprise that Lehkonen is loved, we all did in Montreal, plus he now seems to have lost his one issue, his "couldn't score in a women's prison with a fistful of pardons" trait, he had looooooonnnnnnngg stretches where he just couldn't buy a goal. But he's the one guy traded away I'd most like to get back.

I don’t think he’s the best comp

Rants has been one of the best playoff performers in the league during his time in Colorado.

Add the size+ 100 point skill set and he’s far too rare/valuable to be traded
Not a good player comp, but team/contract comparison is similar. High-end winger with one more year on his deal, on a team trying to win now.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
lol rants ain’t getting moved, value of rants? Enough to make people cry, as evidenced in this thread. Hilarious

Reactions: LOFIN

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
The Devils are generous: Meier for Rantanen. We also give you Hamilton. Don't worry about the cap space or NTC/NMC's or that you already have Makar and other offensive defensemen and that Meier is worse player than Rantanen. This is an offer you can't refuse.

Holy cow. A 2 for 1? We'd be stupid not to say yes.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Rant for Fantilli straight up.
Done.
Did I stutter or is English not your first language?

You might be able to look at it like that but it also gives the wild some insurance in the event that they have to move Kap. Plan would be to resign one of Kap or Mikko unless both want to stay on semi reasonable deals because of the team. Probably pipe dreaming but I think Kap wants massive money or he walks and I don’t want it to get that far.
Bud it would take Boldy and EEk

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Ek is my favorite nhl player and has been for a while now. That said as a wild fan I would be open to some type of deal around Ek for Rantanen.

I think in a vacuum the players have similar values with the edge going to Mikko. When you take their contracts into consideration though I’d probably ask for a sweetener from the wilds perspective.

From the Wild - EEK
From the Avs - Rantanen and 2024 2nd

Wild are able to ice a forward group for two years consisting of….

Kap Yurov Zucc
Boldy Rossi Rantanen
Duhaime Hartman Foligno
X Dewer X

I’d be totally fine if Ek never wore another sweater too , in fact I’d prefer that. Rantanen is a stud though and the thought of him and Boldy on the same line is ridiculous

What?! Is the serious?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd say look at the Marner thread. Similar contract situations, on teams looking to keep their windows open (ie, pure futures are of less interest, but also cap constraints)
He's worth substantially more than Marner.

No , it wouldn’t. But by all means carry on with your delusion

Ek for 5 more years at 5.25 carry’s more value than Rant for 2 more years at 9.25

That is a fact and anyone who disputes it is either a homer or doesn’t know anything about hockey.
Thats not how it works at all. One is a player while very good isnt irreplaceable. Rantanen is a top 10 player in the league and the team gets 2 years plus the full year extra to extend him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Rantanen is not getting traded, but if we entertain the thought of it happening, its on the same level as getting Makar or MacKinnon

No, it’s nowhere close to that as Rants is far less valuable than the other two. Makar plays a more valuable position, costs less, and is signed for three more years after this one. MacKinnon also plays a more valuable position and is signed long term; while his cap hit is too high to be considered a great value he at least lives up to it in the postseason unlike his similarly-priced peers. Either of those players would fetch a far greater price than Rantanen with only one more year left on his contract.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
No, it’s nowhere close to that as Rants is far less valuable than the other two. Makar plays a more valuable position, costs less, and is signed for three more years after this one. MacKinnon also plays a more valuable position and is signed long term; while his cap hit is too high to be considered a great value he at least lives up to it in the postseason unlike his similarly-priced peers. Either of those players would fetch a far greater price than Rantanen with only one more year left on his contract.
Yeah they would fetch more than Rantanen but it doesnt mean that he could be traded, he is a superstar just like them and untouchable.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah they would fetch more than Rantanen but it doesnt mean that he could be traded, he is a superstar just like them and untouchable.

Yeah, I agree that the Avs would be foolish to trade him…unless they can’t re-sign him, in which case they would have to decide at some point next summer/TDL whether to keep him for one last playoff run or to try to move him for something that would help extend their window. But that’s not a decision you make until this season is over and you’ve exhausted all attempts to negotiate a deal that works for both parties.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
No , it wouldn’t. But by all means carry on with your delusion

Ek for 5 more years at 5.25 carry’s more value than Rant for 2 more years at 9.25

That is a fact and anyone who disputes it is either a homer or doesn’t know anything about hockey.
JEE is in the same category as Danault back then. Premium defensive center that you don't want as your #1C but would be perfect as your #2C. Rantanen is a top 10 winger in the league and known playoff performer. Both are different players but Rantanen last two seasons has almost more points than JEE career NHL total. If you trade for Rantanen it means you're willing to sign him long term otherwise it doesn't make sense.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
JEE is in the same category as Danault back then. Premium defensive center that you don't want as your #1C but would be perfect as your #2C. Rantanen is a top 10 winger in the league and known playoff performer. Both are different players but Rantanen last two seasons has almost more points than JEE career NHL total. If you trade for Rantanen it means you're willing to sign him long term otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Ek is gonna score 35-40 this year. He’s a bit more than Danualt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad