Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hand tendon repair

Looks like he might have a flexor tendon injury as his hand was fully extended when he was going off the ice.

There is a possibility that he never regains full function.

What a shame. This guy was a future star.

Let's not get all doom and gloom here. It's going to be a lengthy recovery process but Mikheyev has the best resources available and the Leafs will do everything in their power to patch him up, re-sign him and onward and upwards.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Dang. Hopefully ready for playoffs. He was playing so well. Big loss imo.

Hopefully our depth is shown over this stretch.

Reactions: saffronleaf

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Well that's really unfortunate. What a bad sounding injury. Hope he has a full recovery!

He was one of the most constant players on the team, game-to-game and shift-to-shift. Smart and skilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: saffronleaf

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Russian pronunciation of "h" is much harder than the English one. To emphasis it, they add the "k" to it. Unfortunately, what it does is further confuse everyone, because they think that the H is there to emphasize the k. Khabibulin, Kazakhstan, Khavanov, Kharitonov, Khokhlachev, Khristich. They are all in actuality originally pronounced with the HHhh, no K's in their names.

Some Easter European countries, Russia at some point too used the French translation of last names, so H was translated as CH. Like Zdeno Chara is actually originally Zdeno Hara. And this is the hell I live in for 40 years as noone ever pronounced my last name right.
Thank you for this post! Been wondering a lot about translating russian names.
In sweden we have our own system: Kh(english)=Ch Ch=Tj.

I suspect some english translations will be a bit simplified since they use fewer sounds and vowels in their language.

Not to derail a thread on a serious topic but was really interested in your answer.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I already miss him. I hope he recovers fully. Relieved that he is ok.

wolvie.JPG

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I tune out all the unqualified medical opinions/speculation beyond the fact that it sounds like a horrific injury with an uncertain prognosis.

I couldn't care less about the Leafs because life will go on one way or the other.

My heart breaks for Soupy because his promising career is at risk long before his time.

This is why professional hockey players deserve high salaries and guaranteed contracts -- with the risk of injury, every game could be your last.

Let's just hope it isn't so.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I tune out all the unqualified medical opinions/speculation beyond the fact that it sounds like a horrific injury with an uncertain prognosis.

I couldn't care less about the Leafs because life will go on one way or the other.

My heart breaks for Soupy because his promising career is at risk long before his time.

This is why professional hockey players deserve high salaries and guaranteed contracts -- with the risk of injury, every game could be your last.

So much this. And he couldn’t even do anything about it! Such a freak accident. :(

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Didnt realize they were still at the hospital. Ton of respect to Dubas for staying with him.

When you factor in that Mikheyev doesn’t have family over here, Dubas stepping up and staying at the hospital and in NJ with him so he has someone there is just such an awesome thing.

Like it’s the holiday season. Dubas could have flew home and been with his wife and family that weekend, but instead he stepped up and stayed.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Who here is an actual surgeon (or a resident)?? Please provide the board with some legitimate insight into Soup's injury and future outlook, even if it's preliminary and still an educated guess.

To anyone trying to provide their opinion who isn't a surgeon or resident: don't pretend to know what you're talking about.
There are a plethora of other professions that are qualified to comment and give a realistic input on what to expect for his recovery with the information given.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I'll speculate that he'll be back playing with the Leafs approximately April-10, give or take a week. The last games of the season will be on Saturday, April 4th and the NHL Playoffs begin a few days later.

I assume he will be able to keep in reasonable shape on the treadmill or bike. I have no idea how they rehab that type of injury so this is a wild guess. He'll need at least a week or 10 days of conditioning with the Marlies if they are still playing.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013

Perfect time to re-up him at a deep discount!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad