Podcast (Audio) Mike Keenan - SportsLit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SportsLit

Mar 12, 2020
Hey All,
Neil Acharya co-host of SportsLit Podcast, Mike Keenan relased his memoir Iron Mike today (Oct. 1), spoke with him ahead of its release. As we know, he was behind the bench in Vancouver for two seasons in the late 90s. Perhaps our interview may be of interest to you.

Thanks,

Neil

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
he did more harm than good in the 90s treated his players like shit. being a coach/gm that was a players worst nightmare, i remember he aquired a few players 1 month and the next month or 3 4 weeks later they're traded.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Yah zero f*cks given about MK. Didn't even come close to my 'man I hate that guy scale'.

Truly a nonentity in this market for me. Part of the blurry dark background of some bleak seasons and nothing more.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
he did more harm than good in the 90s treated his players like shit. being a coach/gm that was a players worst nightmare, i remember he aquired a few players 1 month and the next month or 3 4 weeks later they're traded.
And he made an absolutely brilliant trade running 16 out of town. Yep he was mean to Grant Ledyard and a couple other scrubs. The guy I was pissed he dealt was Gelinas. That team was garbage fire when he got here. And BTW Brian Burke has done some pretty horrendous things to players......like Peter Zezel for instance.

Reactions: David71

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
And he made an absolutely brilliant trade running 16 out of town. Yep he was mean to Grant Ledyard and a couple other scrubs. The guy I was pissed he dealt was Gelinas. That team was garbage fire when he got here. And BTW Brian Burke has done some pretty horrendous things to players......like Peter Zezel for instance.
Keenan shat on the team and was doing what ever Messier wanted.

Together they ran the team to the ground.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Keenan shat on the team and was doing what ever Messier wanted.

Together they ran the team to the ground.
The team was a garbage fire when he got here. You clearly weren't a fan back then. You might not like his methods or his personality but you obviously didn't follow it that closely to think THEY ran the team into the ground. It was a pile of dogshit in the fall of 1997.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The team was a garbage fire when he got here. You clearly weren't a fan back then. You might not like his methods or his personality but you obviously didn't follow it that closely to think THEY ran the team into the ground. It was a pile of dogshit in the fall of 1997.
I was a fan back then.

Are you a fan of a team currently?

He drove the team to the ground. Anything else is idiotic reversionistic history. Probably by someone who admits to owning clown costumes and makeup.

He tried to build the team around Messier and what followed was a unintentional rebuild.

"his methods..." jeesus f***in christ... :D

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Learn to read Tiger. The team was crap when he got here. You may not have liked his methods, but he inherited a team into the ground. The rest of your little hissy fit is adorable. Pretty tough little guy.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SportsLit

Mar 12, 2020
Here is an excerpt from the book:

With some injuries and no Pavel, the Canucks were an ordinary 9–10–1. On November 25, we
were in Toronto, down 3–1 midway through the third period. I
pulled Garth Snow while we were on the power play. We hit the
post, but Maple Leafs defenceman Dmitri Yushkevich scored a
short-handed, empty-net goal. We lost the game, 5–1.
Burke was livid. Again, my retort was that the team had no
offence, and we needed a spark. Get me some players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad