Confirmed with Link: Mike Green to EDM for Kyle Brodiak and a Conditional Pick

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
That sucks. Was kind of hoping he would help the Caps again at some point on a cup run.

Reactions: Bench

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It is a bummer he went out this way. By all accounts, he was a solid guy. I'm glad we got to watch him play for the Wings. He was a bright spot on a blueline that gave us little else to get excited about.
Wish we would have drafted him even though Lang was good for us.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Wish we would have drafted him even though Lang was good for us.
He would have had a much better career in Detroit considering he had to play on the top pair with AHL level defensemen in Washington (Shaone Morrison and Jeff Schultz). He probably would have avoided the concussions, shoulder, and wrist injuries if he had a partner that could actually retrieve the puck.

But man, imagine those late 90's team with Mike Green instead of Brett Lebda... wow.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
He would have had a much better career in Detroit considering he had to play on the top pair with AHL level defensemen in Washington (Shaone Morrison and Jeff Schultz). He probably would have avoided the concussions, shoulder, and wrist injuries if he had a partner that could actually retrieve the puck.

But man, imagine those late 90's team with Mike Green instead of Brett Lebda... wow.

Both Mike Green & "Bart" Lebda's 1st NHL season was '05-'06. Mike was 13 yrs old in 1998, (an 8th grader). Bart was 16 in '98, but was on the '08 Cup team.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Both Mike Green & "Bart" Lebda's 1st NHL season was '05-'06. Mike was 13 yrs old in 1998, (an 8th grader). Bart was 16 in '98, but was on the '08 Cup team.
Obviously I meant late 2000's. Brain fart, been a long day, lol.

What's with the "Bart" nickname? Never heard that one before for Lebda.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

~13/14 years ago, either on HF Boards or RWC (Red Wings Central, RIP Matt Wuest, founder of RWC & CapGeek, CapFriendly's predecessor), we used to call Brett Lebda, anything but "Brett". I registered on both sites around '01, but found RWC 1st which brought me here (used a similar user name). We'd call him "Bart, Broseph, Burt, Bubba etc.". He was our Nick Jensen. Ole Barney sure can skate.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009

Never??? I think I first saw it on LetsGoWings. After that? The name "Brett" didn't exist for him anymore.

As a reference it's a way to call him as stupid as Bart Simpson but that's kind of an insult to Bart Simpson, :D.

...Ugh... Trying to find that clip where Bart Lebda f'd up a play in the D-zone so badly that Ozzie bitched at him in front of everyone. It was hilarious. Or one of those short moments of him playing with Cheli where Cheli was all, "What in the hell are you doing out there bro?"

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It certainly wasn't the gift wrapped 1st rounder that Holland gave away to Yzerman in Tampa. But yeah along the same lines, here is a pick for you.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It certainly wasn't the gift wrapped 1st rounder that Holland gave away to Yzerman in Tampa. But yeah along the same lines, here is a pick for you.

Kind of a "2nd rounder" in real value when compared to other drafts. The weakest draft from last decade. Yakupov-Galchenyuk-Murray-Reinhart as top talents.

That's the reason why it was thrown away so easily.

Reactions: Retire91

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It doesn't surprise me that he decided to hang them up. I liked Green here for the most part, but he looked extremely unmotivated down the stretch. Very nonchalant.

Yes, I know we sucked. But still.

Now awaiting the same news for Trevor Daley.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
It doesn't surprise me that he decided to hang them up. I liked Green here for the most part, but he looked extremely unmotivated down the stretch. Very nonchalant.

Yes, I know we sucked. But still.

Now awaiting the same news for Trevor Daley.

Yeah he definitely had a lot moments where he looked so smooth and poised... right as he was about to turn the puck over, haha. It was so funny to me.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah he definitely had a lot moments where he looked so smooth and poised... right as he was about to turn the puck over, haha. It was so funny to me.
That's the way he's always been, even when he provided actual offense. He was also terrible at avoiding checks, and absolutely horrible in playoff games. He was criticized a lot by Caps fans because of the lack of playoff production and most fans attributed it to his nonchalant play.

Then again, Caps fans criticized John Carlson a lot too, so take it for what it is. He's always got a dopey look on his face like he doesn't give a rat's ass.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
It is a bummer he went out this way. By all accounts, he was a solid guy. I'm glad we got to watch him play for the Wings. He was a bright spot on a blueline that gave us little else to get excited about.
Sad to see his career cut a bit short, but by the looks of things his issues are fairly well manageable outside of a pro NHL athlete lifestyle. Wish him a happy retirement. We got him at a similar point in his career as Bertuzzi Sr. Once among the league's best with his prime years behind him, but still producing consistently at a smaller rate. And even though they'd lost a step both were capable of showing a flash here and there. Good vets for youth coming up too.

Reactions: RedMenace

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
He just never seemed the same after that virus and the other injuries. Great player in his prime, good player for us. I wish him the best.

Reactions: FMichael

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad