OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It felt like a golf ball was glued to my anus last night.....a little better tonight. However, your ordeal sounds actually worse. So far have avoided a kidney stone experience. A couple of buddies of mine have experienced more than 1 occurrence and they described it like yours.....

Hopefully a one off for you...
Yep. I had one like that years ago, and that's exactly how I described it, with the addition that it felt like someone was trying to shove said golf ball up there without having the courtesy to just finish the job. I fractured my sacrum once, and the first couple days in the hospital, if I shifted the wrong way felt the most excruciating pain I've ever felt in my life. That hemorrhoid was a close second in terms of uncomfortable things I never want to go through again.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yep. I had one like that years ago, and that's exactly how I described it, with the addition that it felt like someone was trying to shove said golf ball up there without having the courtesy to just finish the job. I fractured my sacrum once, and the first couple days in the hospital, if I shifted the wrong way felt the most excruciating pain I've ever felt in my life. That hemorrhoid was a close second in terms of uncomfortable things I never want to go through again.
This thing is lingering worse than Bobby Clarke....

Waking up at night with burning ....I think it is shrinking but not fast enough. I had one a bunch of years back but it wasn't as bothersome as this..

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

Boggs has entered the chat

200w.gif

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

Will not Google.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I hope this is not against site rules, so here goes:

We're doing a pretty cool thing down here in Wilmington on Wednesday.

As many here know, I'm a photographer. I shoot models, music, events, you name it. A lot of times, my friends flip me the bird in photos. I was reflecting on the fact I have known about a dozen people who have died of cancer in the past two years, so I wanted to do something about it.

I created an event called, "Lifting a Finger" where I will be taking B/W photos of people flipping me the bird, with a silicone ring at the base of the finger that says, "F Cancer." People pay to sit for the photos, and depending which tier they pay will dictate the size of the photo in the forthcoming book. Certain tiers will be able to write a testimonial for a loved one and all people, regardless of tier, will be able to submit names for a memorial at the end of the book. All net proceeds from the event and sale of the book will go to the Cancer Support Community of Delaware. My aim is that if it helps even one person, it will be worth it to me.

If anyone is in Wilmington from 3-10 this Wednesday, the event will be held at Anura Wine Bar, next to FranksWine, on Union Street. Food is being prepared by celebrity chef Robbie Jester, the bar will be open, and I'm slotting musicians and volunteers. Frank and his wife, Colleen, helped me turn this from an idea to an event, and I am humbled at the response thus far. If successful, perhaps this is something that can be rolled out to different cities/communities. I am already talking to the Chesapeake Inn to do a similar event for Cecil County.

Gracias.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I hope this is not against site rules, so here goes:

We're doing a pretty cool thing down here in Wilmington on Wednesday.

As many here know, I'm a photographer. I shoot models, music, events, you name it. A lot of times, my friends flip me the bird in photos. I was reflecting on the fact I have known about a dozen people who have died of cancer in the past two years, so I wanted to do something about it.

I created an event called, "Lifting a Finger" where I will be taking B/W photos of people flipping me the bird, with a silicone ring at the base of the finger that says, "F Cancer." People pay to sit for the photos, and depending which tier they pay will dictate the size of the photo in the forthcoming book. Certain tiers will be able to write a testimonial for a loved one and all people, regardless of tier, will be able to submit names for a memorial at the end of the book. All net proceeds from the event and sale of the book will go to the Cancer Support Community of Delaware. My aim is that if it helps even one person, it will be worth it to me.

If anyone is in Wilmington from 3-10 this Wednesday, the event will be held at Anura Wine Bar, next to FranksWine, on Union Street. Food is being prepared by celebrity chef Robbie Jester, the bar will be open, and I'm slotting musicians and volunteers. Frank and his wife, Colleen, helped me turn this from an idea to an event, and I am humbled at the response thus far. If successful, perhaps this is something that can be rolled out to different cities/communities. I am already talking to the Chesapeake Inn to do a similar event for Cecil County.

Gracias.
Man, if I wasn't a 6+ hour drive away I'd be there. For my Grammie, my Nana, and my Uncle Donnie. I hope you get enough pictures to fill a dozen books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad