Player Discussion Mike Amadio (F)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We had him a few years ago and he was nothing special. Seems like an overpayment for someone with like 20 something career high in points and most of his years were split between NHL and AHL.

Did he really impress people? He couldn't even crack our terrible team lol.
So you didn't watch any other teams than Ottawa or assume players don't improve? I'm confused.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I like this more. I like staois approach this off season, but feel he panciked with chycrun.

Still, workmanlike approach to the skill we have.

Reactions: aragorn

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So you didn't watch any other teams than Ottawa or assume players don't improve? I'm confused.

I watched a couple of his games on the Leafs and a dozen of games on Vegas. He looked like a bottom line replaceable player every time I watched him. Maybe he's inconsistent?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I watched a couple of his games on the Leafs and a dozen of games on Vegas. He looked like a bottom line replaceable player every time I watched him. Maybe he's inconsistent?
He has a high hockey iq and was terrific in the playoffs when they won the cup. Which I think is what this teams been missing.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He'll be a third line regular and has some playoff experience, doesn't take too many PIM, is decent at stealing pucks, but doesn't really play the PK, and did 2nd unit PP in Vegas.

Not sure what need he fills or why he was signed this early.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Must admit I am surprised by the salary but in Staios we trust I guess!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I like this more. I like staois approach this off season, but feel he panciked with chycrun.

I think he waited too long to trade chychrun. And then didn’t wait long enough to squeeze the capitals for Jensen

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think he waited too long to trade chychrun. And then didn’t wait long enough to squeeze the capitals for Jensen
No one wanted Chychrun. It sucks that we got stuck with a player teams actually scouted, but it happened. Teams knew full well that he was a terrible defender, so a glorified PP guy looking for a new contract - so a rental in all likelihood.

Otherwise, why would no one have offered more? You have to ask the question. If someone actually, you know, wanted Chychrun and offered more, he'd be on their team, but no one did. It f***ing SUCKS. It's the second straight player that no one in the league wanted that we wanted to trade.

Just...f*** it all and move on.

Reactions: LiseL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Panicked?
Tried to move him at the TDL
Tried to move him ahead of the Draft
Tried to move him within the Draft

There was no secret the Sens wanted to move him and the suitable offers were not there.,

This deal pales compared to what we paid and it may be some of us overvalue our players. It was a poor fit acquisition from the start here. Chychrun just isn't a very good defenseman. He can put up points, and contribute to a powerplay. Good size but not physical.

I like the fit of Jensen much better ... He is a stable addition to the RD and will get us over a hump until one of our current RD are ready

Is it in the realm of possibility there was a better deal on the horizon somewhere.. maybe but the team has to move forward and running it back was a poor option.

Reactions: DrEasy

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Panicked?
Tried to move him at the TDL
Tried to move him ahead of the Draft
Tried to move him within the Draft

There was no secret the Sens wanted to move him and the suitable offers were not there.,

This deal pales compared to what we paid and it may be some of us overvalue our players. It was a poor fit acquisition from the start here. Chychrun just isn't a very good defenseman. He can put up points, and contribute to a powerplay. Good size but not physical.

I like the fit of Jensen much better ... He is a stable addition to the RD and will get us over a hump until one of our current RD are ready

Is it in the realm of possibility there was a better deal on the horizon somewhere.. maybe but the team has to move forward and running it back was a poor option.

The Chychrun who pplayed the first dozen games for us this past season was a really good top pairing D. He has it in him to be quite good.

I agree that he's overrated to a degree but more than anything we acquired him when there wasn't a suitable role for him and proceeded to tank his value only to sell him for much less only a year later. A true Dorion special.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The Chychrun who pplayed the first dozen games for us this past season was a really good top pairing D. He has it in him to be quite good.

I agree that he's overrated to a degree but more than anything we acquired him when there wasn't a suitable role for him and proceeded to tank his value only to sell him for much less only a year later. A true Dorion special.
Bad pro scouting on our part. I understand Dorion wanting the player, but his pro scouts should have said, look, he has moments where he looks amazing and moments where he's awful. Don't pay more than a late first. Period.

But no...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bad pro scouting on our part. I understand Dorion wanting the player, but his pro scouts should have said, look, he has moments where he looks amazing and moments where he's awful. Don't pay more than a late first. Period.

But no...
If korpisalo plays well last year we are likely keeping chychrun sorry but it’s the truuuth

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If korpisalo plays well last year we are likely keeping chychrun sorry but it’s the truuuth
If we made the playoffs you mean? And if Chychrun didn't play in the defensive zone like he was scared shitless of the puck?

Maybe

EDIT: Playoffs isn't necessarily what I meant. If Korpisalo played like an NHL goalie and not an ECHL goalie?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No one wanted Chychrun. It sucks that we got stuck with a player teams actually scouted, but it happened. Teams knew full well that he was a terrible defender, so a glorified PP guy looking for a new contract - so a rental in all likelihood.

Otherwise, why would no one have offered more? You have to ask the question. If someone actually, you know, wanted Chychrun and offered more, he'd be on their team, but no one did. It f***ing SUCKS. It's the second straight player that no one in the league wanted that we wanted to trade.

Just...f*** it all and move on.
I think he wanted some specific. I fully believe teams would offer their late firsts for him. And I believe he had those type of offers on the table. I believe he held out for more and got f***ed. So instead of getting a 2025 first he made the Jensen trade

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think he wanted some specific. I fully believe teams would offer their late firsts for him. And I believe he had those type of offers on the table. I believe he held out for more and got f***ed. So instead of getting a 2025 first he made the Jensen trade
We'll never know.....

Mind you, is Jensen not worth a late 1st?

Reactions: LiseL and DrEasy

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024

It’s wild to me that people would prefer a late 2025 1st than Jensen considering the stage this team is at and what our needs are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad