Post-Game Talk: Mika May

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Or you could save yourselves the IQ points and not go to their board at all.
Eh, I guess people like the dopamine rush they get from being "annoyed". Understandable. I've been on the boards on/off for way too long and the only time I've ever went to any other board has been for the playoff photoshop threads.....RIP the awesome ones from years past.

Reactions: ecemleafs

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I didn't like the Kreider penalty call (Jarvis turned into that) but Trouba just leveled him 2 seconds later and that one could have probably been called.
I've said this before, but when a guy is hit that hard facefirst into the boards it will get called both ways. The NHL doesn't want to see that period, regradless of turning into the hit (I know the rules). Only way they don't call that is ironitcally if it's called/reviewed for a major and then they can see in slowmo the turn into the hit. Full speed, refs will call that all the time. I absolutely LOVED that Trouba wrecked him right after CKs destruction, we got our money's worth on that penalty.

Rempe penalty was BS. They have to get into the league's ear about this shit because its becoming ridiculous. When he takes a penalty, fine call it but not everything he does is an infraction.
Couldn't agree more, I wish we scored on that play only so they would have had to review it for interference and then been forced to deem it no interference. It's ridiculous at this point.

Canes with a massive missed opportunity here. Not that they deserved to win (they didn't), but this was a winnable game for them despite that. They had the puck luck, the officials in their corner and some real rust from several key players on the NYR side. Perhaps those things hold for them in this series but I doubt all 3 will continue to go in their favor.
We had a bit of luck on the Panarin goal- it hit Anderson's ribcage, was heading wide, and then Anderson squeezing his armpit closed brought his stick shaft into play which redirected it in. I'll take it- it was right play by Panarin and a well aimed shot.

Pan_Goal_on_Make_a_GIF.gif

Reactions: noncents

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Georgiev did this once and they called it a penalty shot LMAO
I found this gem on youtube, a 2 on 0 coming and the goalie said ef this I didn't sign up for this shit.

Best part is the goalie vehemently pointing to center ice like 'yea yea gimme the PS over the 2 on 0', and then he stones him.

In any case a penalty shot is a better % for the goalie than 2 on 0 so that should really be the go to move in all 2 on 0s.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If that's Shesterkin, I want him to have that shot.

Still, it's not like we didn't deserve the game.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I found this gem on youtube, a 2 on 0 coming and the goalie said ef this I didn't sign up for this shit.

Best part is the goalie vehemently pointing to center ice like 'yea yea gimme the PS over the 2 on 0', and then he stones him.

In any case a penalty shot is a better % for the goalie than 2 on 0 so that should really be the go to move in all 2 on 0s.

lmao, that's amazing

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Stars are playing like stars, role players are playing their roles to perfection, coaches are pushing all the right buttons and Igor is Igor. If they can just get Fox going a bit more, they're going to be absolute monsters the rest of the way.

Reactions: egelband

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Replacing Rempe with Chytil would be a juggernaut move. I wouldn't switch up the top 3 lines, but Rempe was clearly out of his element yesterday and he stinks in the D-zone. 4th line was a risk until they benched him.

Reactions: mas0764

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Vesey-Goodrow-Wheeler is measurably better, yes.

Blake doesn't have a ring so I'm sure he'll be as motivated as Parise is

Reactions: NYR Viper

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Wheeler is slow but he’s got a crazy amount of experience and he knows this is probably his last shot at a cup.

He’s going to leave it all out on the ice if he gets in again.

Reactions: egelband

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
get wheeler and chytil in for rempe and vesey (i'm sorry but he's been shite these playoffs) and i'm thrilled. will never happen but I can dream.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I actually liked the way the Rangers played up until the last few minutes. Carolina had something around 15 shots on goal with only a few minutes left as one of the announcers remarked it could be a game where they hit a season low on shots on goal. And it seemed like that to me up to that point because we stifled their offense pretty good and they had several power plays. After they pulled Andersen they got a bunch of shots on Igor including Jarvis's goal. That was when things got a bit hairy. Until then they weren't getting much.

What it tells me is we can defend against them pretty well. Aho and some of their other guns had pretty quiet games. We dictated the way it was played for the balance of the game. Rangers had only two power plays also and they both turned into very quick goals. I would think that will concern the Canes a lot. I think the Canes had 5 power plays and I didn't come to much. I didn't like the officiating very much. Thought that those two quick strikes might even have had the refs thinking twice about calling anything against the Canes after that.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Whining Rod couldn’t help himself , even with a 5-2 PP advantage for the Canes where the Rangers didn’t have one for the last 2 periods? Never change Carolina.
This!! He says, "We need to stay out of the box..." His team had to kill TWO penalties for crissakes! WE killed off FIVE!! He's not connected to reality.

I actually liked the way the Rangers played up until the last few minutes. Carolina had something around 15 shots on goal with only a few minutes left as one of the announcers remarked it could be a game where they hit a season low on shots on goal. And it seemed like that to me up to that point because we stifled their offense pretty good and they had several power plays. After they pulled Andersen they got a bunch of shots on Igor including Jarvis's goal. That was when things got a bit hairy. Until then they weren't getting much.

What it tells me is we can defend against them pretty well. Aho and some of their other guns had pretty quiet games. We dictated the way it was played for the balance of the game. Rangers had only two power plays also and they both turned into very quick goals. I would think that will concern the Canes a lot. I think the Canes had 5 power plays and I didn't come to much. I didn't like the officiating very much. Thought that those two quick strikes might even have had the refs thinking twice about calling anything against the Canes after that.
You had me up until your last sentence. Candy Ass Canes are the darlings in this series.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We present a major problem to the way Carolina likes to kill penalties.

They're extremely aggressive and collapse on puck carrier. They basically play 4v4, leave the guy in front of the net by himself, and just take the chance that you won't find him.

It usually works for them but here's what's different: the guy they're leaving alone is Chris Kreider. He's the best powerplay big man in the NHL and extremely skilled for a guy who plays that role. He also wins a f***ing ton of puck battles like he did on Trocheck's goal.

If you leave him alone, he's going to find Zibanejad and Trocheck with passes. If we kind of half get it towards him, he's going to possess it.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Tbh Rempe hasn't done anything but take penalties since game 1 against Washington. That's who you take out.
Respectfully disagree. There were a couple of instances where he just literally stopped the Canes forecheck just by planting his body on the guy with the puck. He even got to the guy late, but just his size and reach prevented the puck from going forward. Same thing in the Canes' defensive zone. It looked like the Cane was going to win the puck battle, but he just put his body in there and trapped the guy and kept the Rangers forecheck alive.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Respectfully disagree. There were a couple of instances where he just literally stopped the Canes forecheck just by planting his body on the guy with the puck. He even got to the guy late, but just his size and reach prevented the puck from going forward. Same thing in the Canes' defensive zone. It looked like the Cane was going to win the puck battle, but he just put his body in there and trapped the guy and kept the Rangers forecheck alive.
There's no way he's better at cycling and forechecking than Chytil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway