Michkov and Yakemchuck vs. Demidov and Reinbacher

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which pair of prospects would you rather have?

• Yakemchuck and Michkov

Votes: 59 46.8%
  • Reinbacher and Demidov

Votes: 67 53.2%

• Total voters

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Last year, much was made of the Habs going with Reinbacher over russian winger Michkov due to perceived positional value of a RD.

This year, they went with the Russian winger. Let's say they picked Michkov, and instead passed on Demidov for the best available RD, Yakemchuck (or at least the one which was drafted 2 picks later, like Michkov). Would that have yielded a better pair of prospects?

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Habs got lucky with Demidov dropping and while I really like Reinbacher the Habs make up the mistake of passing over Michov last year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm so happy. We made the right call.

Reinbacher > Yak
DemiGod ≤ Michkov

Taking the top end RHD a year earlier vs elite forward was the right call. I love Demidov's personality. I hope all players live up to their potential. Congrats to them all.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
i don’t know between Michkov and Demidov but Yakemchuk > everyone

Guy’s a monster

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Why is everyone so sure Reinbacher is definitively better than Yakemchuk? Reinbacher is probably better defensively and Yak better offense.

Comparing both in their draft year, I don't see how anyone can say with certain, one is better than the other.. unless you're just biased for your team's prospect.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Michkov was playing in the KHL at a high level his draft year.

Demidov is playing 2 leagues below that in terms of russian hockey.
Can you read? Demidov literally can not play for another KHL team because he only has one year on his contract. Michkov was loaned to bottom feeder Sochi where he has free reign to cherry pick the entire game and play zero defense with no consequence. Demidov could easily have played in the KHL this year.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Why is everyone so sure Reinbacher is definitively better than Yakemchuk? Reinbacher is probably better defensively and Yak better offense.

Comparing both in their draft year, I don't see how anyone can say with certain, one is better than the other.. unless you're just biased for your team's prospect.
Because Reinbacher has been spectacularly unimpressive at every level over the past year and the only way to cope with his failures is to assert his superiority in something that is less easily quantified: defensive acumen.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
You realize demidov also didn't make SKA right? And didn't even play in russia's version of the AHL (VHL)
In Russia, you can't judge where players play to know how good they are. The VHL isn't really their version of the AHL. Quite often, KHL teams will recall players from the MHL instead of the VHL when they need replacements. Players will be put on teams also depending on how likely they are to win (MHL/VHL) instead of how "good" they are.

My own opinion, having seen both players, is that I prefer Demidov over Michkov. Both can be good and productive players, but Demidov is a player that you can rely on in all situations, which isn't the case for Michkov.

• Haha
Reactions: ViD

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Given Yakemchuk isn't going to Flyers, I'm not sure how this is relevant.

Because the Canadiens have Reinbacher and Demidov, but had they taken the Russian winger last year and the RD this year, they could have had Michkov and Yakemchuk, so OP is asking which duo would be better for the Canadiens to have. Philadelphia has nothing to do with it.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I have a feeling people are seriously not realizing what a player Michkov is, as he’s not playing internationally and barely anyone watches KHL.

His trajectory is currently better than Kucherov, Kaprizov, Panarin.

He was nearly a PPG player in the second best league in the world on one of the worst teams with little support.

Demidov is yet to compete against adults

Reactions: NatusVincere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad