Michkov and Yakemchuck vs. Demidov and Reinbacher

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which pair of prospects would you rather have?

• Yakemchuck and Michkov

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • Reinbacher and Demidov

Votes: 71 51.8%

• Total voters

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Why is it always only on MTL for passing on Michkov? He went 7th.

We're all going to find out how good Michkov is next year, we'll have to wait a bit for the others.

As a Habs fan I'm pretty happy with how things turned out.
Weren’t Montreal and Philly the only top 7 teams he spoke to and wanted to play for? I think that’s why. Everybody knew he didn’t want to go to Arizona.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I have a feeling people are seriously not realizing what a player Michkov is, as he’s not playing internationally and barely anyone watches KHL.

His trajectory is currently better than Kucherov, Kaprizov, Panarin.

He was nearly a PPG player in the second best league in the world on one of the worst teams with little support.

Demidov is yet to compete against adults
kucherov is a few more crazy seasons like this from passing a bunch of all timers

1 more ross + hart&lindsay year he has pretty much set himself as top 20-25 all time

As we saw with bedard, its basically a 0% chance he (mitchkov) in this scenerio outproduces a player he was better than pre-nhl (bedard being better than Mcdavid his draft year vs mitchkov vs kucherov)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
kucherov is a few more crazy seasons like this from passing a bunch of all timers

1 more ross + hart&lindsay year he has pretty much set himself as top 20-25 all time

As we saw with bedard, its basically a 0% chance he (mitchkov) in this scenerio outproduces a player he was better than pre-nhl (bedard being better than Mcdavid his draft year vs mitchkov vs kucherov)
Pretty sure Michkov will easily out produce Kucherov’s rookie season

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Because the Canadiens have Reinbacher and Demidov, but had they taken the Russian winger last year and the RD this year, they could have had Michkov and Yakemchuk, so OP is asking which duo would be better for the Canadiens to have. Philadelphia has nothing to do with it.
Fair enough. I don't deal in what ifs. HuGo made the right decision with Slaf over Wright. They made a decision that Michkov wasn't the right fit. Excluding The Blackhawks, so did 4 other teams. I'm not a big fan of people who are that cagey about doing interviews. Where are the threads about Anaheim, Columbus, and San Jose?

Demidov is a fantastic prospect. People are underselling how good Reinbacher is because his D+1 year production was impacted by being on an absolutely terrible team. He came over to Laval, settled in quickly, and looked really solid. He'll be in Montreal before the end of the season. He's played pro hockey for two years.

Reactions: loadie

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Yakemchuck has all the tools to be a stud I would take him before Reinbacher.
I think he's the real wildcard here. I feel like with Reinbacher, we have a good idea of what he's going to be. A steady minute muncher. Yakemchuck has more of that boom or bust profile.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think he's the real wildcard here. I feel like with Reinbacher, we have a good idea of what he's going to be. A steady minute muncher. Yakemchuck has more of that boom or bust profile.
Yes but Yak has been putting big numbers on a bad Calgary team, he's been doing it all on the back end playing in all situations, so it will interesting too see how he will develop in the next few years. But I really like Yak imo he's ceiling is higher then Reinbacher.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Michkov is the clear best player, but Demidov is also an elite game breaking talent

Reinbacher is a safer pick (sure fire top pairing D) than Yakemchuk but Yak has a higher ceiling (elite #1)

I take the Habs pair as they are two guaranteed high end NHLers

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Demidov>Michkov
Reinbacher>Yakemchuk

This could be a conversation if we’re talking about one of the best D in the draft. Not Yakemchuk

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Why is it Yakemchuk though? Montreal had their choice of any dman and it’s widely known it would’ve been buium

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Michkov is the clear best player, but Demidov is also an elite game breaking talent

Reinbacher is a safer pick (sure fire top pairing D) than Yakemchuk but Yak has a higher ceiling (elite #1)

I take the Habs pair as they are two guaranteed high end NHLers
Absolutely nothing is guaranteed. Not only is it very difficult to make the NHL it's also much harder to become elite. The vast majority of drafted players never come close to elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad