NCAA: Michigan spying scandal / Harbaugh accepts remaining suspension

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Love how college coaches can just cheat their way to success and leave for the NFL when things start to hit the fan.

I’m personally sick of these ticky-tacky rules violations when it comes to recruiting, college sports lost it’s amateurism to such a large extent and considering that a lot of players are coming from specialty schools that do little but produce football players I’m ready for the NCAA to scrap most of the rule book altogether.

Just end the charade of college sports being an extracurricular activity for students and make it minor league football with an optional college education.
didn't stop Bill self from cheating his way to a NCAA championship

FYI This is considered cheating...

"Clinkscale is accused of helping a recruit get verified on Instagram and of writing a $100 check for a golf charity event run by a recruit's father. Former Michigan linebackers coach Chris Partridge and ex-DC Minter are accused of Level 2 violations for allegedly sending text messages to a high school sophomore recruit."

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

"Clinkscale is accused of helping a recruit get verified on Instagram and of writing a $100 check for a golf charity event run by a recruit's father. Former Michigan linebackers coach Chris Partridge and ex-DC Minter are accused of Level 2 violations for allegedly sending text messages to a high school sophomore recruit."
So is stealing signs so that you know what routes your opponents are running ahead of time.

Jim Harbaugh has fake integrity.

“Every coach, every executive, every leader: They all know right from wrong. Even those Enron guys. When someone uncovers a scandal in their company, I don't think they can say, "I didn't know that was going on." They're just saying they're too dumb to do their job! And if they really are too dumb, then why are they getting paid millions of dollars to do it? They know what's going on.”

Reactions: Voight

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman” :laugh:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

While the latest ESPN report pertaining to a leaked draft of the NCAA's notice of allegations into Michigan football over the Connor Stalions sign-stealing saga have created a lot of unrest on social media and across the internet, it appears the folks within Schembechler Hall in Ann Arbor remain unbothered.

Appearing on the Pat McAfee Show on Monday, ESPN's NFL insider Adam Schefter — a Michigan alum — said Wolverines' head coach Sherrone Moore wasn't worried about the alleged violations coming his way, or the program's way, per ESPN's Pete Thamel's report.

"I spoke to him about 20 minutes ago — all good," Shefter told McAfee. "As a Michigan Man, as somebody who believes in Coach Moore, I'm not concerned. Now, again, I don't know what Pete knows, but I know I spoke to the man himself [Sherrone Moore] here for a while and I feel pretty good about what he said. We'll see what happens here."

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Man, this is a surprising development.
Read the articles and everything linked. The violations are level 2 violations. Sherrone has a level 2 violation for deleting texts to Stallions and then recovering them to show investigators.

Nowhere in the NOA does it say Michigan, Harbaugh or Sherrone orchestrated an elaborate sign stealing scheme to defraud opponents. In fact Sherrone is being labeled a "repeat offender" because they nicked him for burger-gate where he and his staff were considered repeat offenders for paying to get recruits instagram-verified (a 100 dollar fee).

So if you want to consider them cheating opponents because they paid 100 dollars to have recruits verified on instagram, so be it. But be forewarned that nothing serious at all is coming down the pipeline :laugh: No death penalty, no retribution, no Level 1 violations, no LOIC

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
It's kind of amazing that your best defense is, "yeah there were rules broken, but it's not fair that you punish them for that. And also, you CAN'T punish him because he left, so that means he's innocent"
Have you seen the rules broken?

Just minor level 2 violations. And people on other forums were saying the NCAA would drop the hammer on Michigan :laugh:

So apparently minor 100 dollar purchases and helping recruits get verified on instagram is cheating to you people now. Sure, whatever. It's obvious at this point the NCAA is just nitpicking minor grievances in order to punish Michigan. So sad.

Have you read the NOA? Have you seen what is leaked from it? People have literally read the NOA, told you what is in the notice, and then this valuable information is just disregarded due to personal biases or prejudices. Come on.

Oh by the way, Kansas and Tennessee cheated and got off scot free. :sarcasm: For offenses MUCH worse than 100 dollar instagram verification. Heck Kansas spent thousands of Adidas money to recruit players. ALLEGEDLY

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Have you seen the rules broken?

Just minor level 2 violations. And people on other forums were saying the NCAA would drop the hammer on Michigan :laugh:

So apparently minor 100 dollar purchases and helping recruits get verified on instagram is cheating to you people now. Sure, whatever. It's obvious at this point the NCAA is just nitpicking minor grievances in order to punish Michigan. So sad.

Have you read the NOA? Have you seen what is leaked from it? People have literally read the NOA, told you what is in the notice, and then this valuable information is just disregarded due to personal biases or prejudices. Come on.

Oh by the way, Kansas and Tennessee cheated and got off scot free. :sarcasm: For offenses MUCH worse than 100 dollar instagram verification. Heck Kansas spent thousands of Adidas money to recruit players. ALLEGEDLY
I could have swore I read that Michigan stole signs. Something about being on the sidelines of other teams.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I could have swore I read that Michigan stole signs. Something about being on the sidelines of other teams.
1. sign stealing is permitted the NCAA never cracked down on that. in person scouting is not permitted and according to sources it appears to have just been a lone actor at work, and that his efforts were not sanctioned or endorsed by the michigan football program
2. The recent NOA says that Sherrone Moore deleted texts from Connor Stallions and then reproduced them when asked to by NCAA investigators. According to them that is a Level 2 violation. The NCAA NOA could not determine that Harbaugh knew of Stallions or endorsed this scheme.

You all can cry about Harbaugh being a slime ball and he's lying and all that but at the end of the day the NCAA thinks he and Michigan have done nothing wrong :laugh:

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
1. sign stealing is permitted the NCAA never cracked down on that. in person scouting is not permitted and according to sources it appears to have just been a lone actor at work, and that his efforts were not sanctioned or endorsed by the michigan football program
2. The recent NOA says that Sherrone Moore deleted texts from Connor Stallions and then reproduced them when asked to by NCAA investigators. According to them that is a Level 2 violation. The NCAA NOA could not determine that Harbaugh knew of Stallions or endorsed this scheme.

You all can cry about Harbaugh being a slime ball and he's lying and all that but at the end of the day the NCAA thinks he and Michigan have done nothing wrong :laugh:
I don't care about Harbaugh. I care about the football team cheating at football. Which you are flat out delusional if you think the stance of the investigators is "Michigan have done nothing wrong"

Reactions: DaaaaB's

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I don't care about Harbaugh. I care about the football team cheating at football. Which you are flat out delusional if you think the stance of the investigators is "Michigan have done nothing wrong"
Thats what the notice of allegations said.

at least no level 1 violations.

"The draft of allegations does not provide any evidence that Harbaugh was involved in Stalions' operation or that he knew it was going on. The draft states that Harbaugh failed to actively look for or evaluate "red flags.""

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Man with 5 year NFL contract disallowed from coaching college football for the next 4 years.

Way to punish people NCAA. Toothless cowardly organization.

This penalty is as meaningless as can be. Anyone hoping for anything serious from sign-gate need only read that notice lol

• Haha
Reactions: izlez

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
By the way if you read that notice the Level 1 is for him not turning over his phone.

So basically the NCAA said if you dont' want to turn over your phone you can't coach college for 4 years. It has nothing to do with Stallions :laugh:

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
"But be forewarned that nothing serious at all is coming down the pipeline :laugh: No death penalty, no retribution, no Level 1 violations, no LOIC"

"Never lie. Never cheat. Never steal."

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't think I could trust a man who has a bacon cheeseburger for breakfast to make the best decisions for my collegiate playing career.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't think I could trust a man who has a bacon cheeseburger for breakfast to make the best decisions for my collegiate playing career.

I'm guessing you've never worked in construction? :laugh:

Winning the championship gave him an easy way out in a way, but this makes you wonder if hes wa leaving even if they lost. I.e. if he had any inkling of a major punishment coming.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm guessing you've never worked in construction? :laugh:

Winning the championship gave him an easy way out in a way, but this makes you wonder if hes wa leaving even if they lost. I.e. if he had any inkling of a major punishment coming.
lol nope. ramen or cold pizza is a breakfast I can get behind, though.

Personally, I'd bet he was done regardless. And I bet Michigan didn't mind him leaving because of the likelihood of something coming. If he was still at Michigan with this news coming out it'd be a lot bigger story, but with him in the NFL it'll get buried much quicker.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad