JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Fug.

major-league.gif

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
something about losing an elimination game because Skubal gave up 5 runs feels oddly comforting, it makes the what-ifs feel a lot more faint when the main culprit was your best player looking human for once

Tigers need some actual offensive help in the offseason though

Reactions: RabidBadger

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I knew this was coming after they couldn't hold the lead in game 4.

Oh well...I was hoping they wouldn't be swept after game one of this series. They pushed it all the way before running out of steam. They overachieved and have given fans a reason to have hope again.

Realistically speaking, Detroit nor Cleveland has a great shot against New York. Much less whoever wins the NL. Cleveland frankly just has more talent and experience at the moment.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Making the post season was nothing short of a miracle. Everything beyond that was playing with house money. Beating the Astros AND taking Cleveland down to the wire went well beyond our expectations. It still sucked watching them go down.

That said, the bar is set higher and there needs to be some meaningful investments in the off-season. Fans, let alone Hinch, shouldn't tolerate trying to get by on "Moneyball" rosters. You have a manager that squeezes out the most from players. Get him some effin' talent!

Reactions: BSHH and jkutswings

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Thankfully, the Lions did something to distract me from the Tigers' elimination, which feels bad now, but I will enjoy the run very soon. I just hope they get one good starting pitcher (like Flaherty) and one good hitter (like Santander) to bolster this young and talented roster.

The Lions seem to have sustained success, but I don't like their contract extensions. St. Brown deserved good money and the OTs as well. But Goff got a very expensive contract rather early. Now Montgomery - who is a very good RB - simply got a contract which is much too expensive, too. I fear that the Lions will feel the missing $ 15m cap space wasting on the Montgomery and Goff extensions rather soon.

Gruß,
BSHH

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The Lions seem to have sustained success, but I don't like their contract extensions. St. Brown deserved good money and the OTs as well. But Goff got a very expensive contract rather early. Now Montgomery - who is a very good RB - simply got a contract which is much too expensive, too. I fear that the Lions will feel the missing $ 15m cap space wasting on the Montgomery and Goff extensions rather soon.

Gruß,
BSHH
You're entitled to your opinion and it's not an uncommon one, but I don't understand it.

The Detroit Lions have one job: win a Super Bowl ASAP. Screw the future and go all in right now, because their best window of opportunity is this year and maybe next year.

Frankly, I hope they find the right player (for both talent and culture) and have a massive add at the deadline (or sooner). Load up and do everything you can to get it done while your stars are playing like stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad