Proposal: Michael Stone to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
laughable :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's kind of true though. Wideman had a decent showing last year, but I doubt he becomes more than a bottom pairing defender. Maybe he has an outside chance as a number 4 guy, but that's a pretty big maybe, and that pretty big maybe doesn't add any value to him. Puempel on the other hand is a first rounder from 5 years ago who has yet to show he can crack the NHL and make a difference. He still has promise, but after being given a few chances and not being able to translate AHL success to the NHL, it's gotten to the point where he needs to show what he can do. Many have soured on him and I doubt he has much value around the league. The 4th is a 4th, not much more to say about that. Stone on the other hand put up solid numbers last year, is a young, top 4 guy on a great contract. I don't know Arizona's needs, but I find it unlikely that this package appeals to them in any way.

Edit: Apologies, for some reason I thought Stone recently signed an extension. He's an RFA in 16-17, but I can't see the Coyotes not signing him to an extension, or at least getting better value for him than what you proposed.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
It's kind of true though. Wideman had a decent showing last year, but I doubt he becomes more than a bottom pairing defender. Maybe he has an outside chance as a number 4 guy, but that's a pretty big maybe, and that pretty big maybe doesn't add any value to him. Puempel on the other hand is a first rounder from 5 years ago who has yet to show he can crack the NHL and make a difference. He still has promise, but after being given a few chances and not being able to translate AHL success to the NHL, it's gotten to the point where he needs to show what he can do. Many have soured on him and I doubt he has much value around the league. The 4th is a 4th, not much more to say about that. Stone on the other hand put up solid numbers last year, is a young, top 4 guy on a great contract. I don't know Arizona's needs, but I find it unlikely that this package appeals to them in any way.

Edit: Apologies, for some reason I thought Stone recently signed an extension. He's an RFA in 16-17, but I can't see the Coyotes not signing him to an extension, or at least getting better value for him than what you proposed.

Excellent post and saved me from replying to him, thank you.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

maybe not Stone value, but there is value in that package

That package would return a mid to low 2nd and a 5th, if we're lucky.

Realistically, I see us offering no more than Lazar + Borowiecki/Wideman + 3rd, which is definitely not enough - but, given the fact that we would likely lose Stone the next year, it's the most we could give.

Essentially, we are giving up Lazar + Borowiecki/Wideman + 3rd to ensure that we enter 2017-2018 with Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf and Stone OR Methot. Reasonable value for us, but not enough that AZ would do it.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

maybe not Stone value, but there is value in that package

There is very little value in that offer. As for Stone that offer is total junk for the player your asking for. Maybe before you come on with offers for said player you take some time and watch the player your wanting to trade for.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Come on:laugh: No way Dorion doesnt get the profanity laced hangup,after that offer .Sorry Yotes

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
There is very little value in that offer. As for Stone that offer is total junk for the player your asking for. Maybe before you come on with offers for said player you take some time and watch the player your wanting to trade for.

I said I don't watch him play, and I was careful to phrase it that way.

Im not gonna dig up video in fear of some poster saying my proposal is ****, I dont care if it was **** hahaha thats why i asked in the first place

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
That package would return a mid to low 2nd and a 5th, if we're lucky.

Realistically, I see us offering no more than Lazar + Borowiecki/Wideman + 3rd, which is definitely not enough - but, given the fact that we would likely lose Stone the next year, it's the most we could give.

Essentially, we are giving up Lazar + Borowiecki/Wideman + 3rd to ensure that we enter 2017-2018 with Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf and Stone OR Methot. Reasonable value for us, but not enough that AZ would do it.

Michael Stone + 3rd for Lazar

:handclap::handclap: progress on a proposal board. Amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad