Proposal: Michael Stone to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
added AZ 3rd is due to Stone injury.

im not sure you would need to add a pick. But I think to the point of a poster above this would be a bad time to acquire Stone do to the expansion draft, as well...Dorion said today that he 'may' sign a depth dman that doesnt have a big name (potentially a two-way contract). So I doubt Stone is at all realistic at this time

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Has it come out what he is asking for salary wise?

I can't see how Ottawa could take on a player who is probably asking in the 4M range at least, while not dumping back any salary.

Unless he is willing to take a huge salary cut on at least the first year of his contract, it would have to be something around Ceci for Stone, and I don't think the Senators do that.

I guess MacArthur could go the other way, but does a deal around MacArthur for Stone really make Ottawa better given that acquiring Stone means Ceci or Stone play on the bottom pairing, and MacArthur is likely Ottawa's 2nd line LWer....no it doesn't make them better, and Arizona also probably doesn't do it.

Then there is the upcoming expansion draft. Stone would be exposed in this draft because Ottawa would likely protect Karlsson+Phaneuf (NMC)+Ceci.

It is a situation where neither side would be a match.

Lazar for Stone is a deal I could see if Ottawa could dump back short term salary to ARZ. But there's no one Ottawa can dump. Aside from Ryan and Phaneuf, they are a lean team now when it comes to salary.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I said I don't watch him play, and I was careful to phrase it that way.

Im not gonna dig up video in fear of some poster saying my proposal is ****, I dont care if it was **** hahaha thats why i asked in the first place

My point is don't make offers for guys you dont know about.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
My point is don't make offers for guys you dont know about.

why? the point of making an offer is to find out the cost to acquire him. And imo a proposal sparks more interest than a value of thread...outside of you, this board has made the progress I wished it would as I now have a better understanding of the asking price

and to your point, 99% of proposals on hfboards contain players posters have never scouted. You can tell me how many times you've turned on an Arizona game to scout Stone, not just when the team plays against yours, but purposefully analyzing Stone through multiple bouts of video. Ive done that zero times lol

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
That package would return a mid to low 2nd and a 5th, if we're lucky.

Realistically, I see us offering no more than Lazar + Borowiecki/Wideman + 3rd, which is definitely not enough - but, given the fact that we would likely lose Stone the next year, it's the most we could give.

Essentially, we are giving up Lazar + Borowiecki/Wideman + 3rd to ensure that we enter 2017-2018 with Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf and Stone OR Methot. Reasonable value for us, but not enough that AZ would do it.

This post sums things up pretty well, except that I don't think it is plausible that Ottawa acquire Stone without sending someone making close to what he'll get back.

It'd either have to be Stone for Ceci straight up, with an add on one side depending on who is considered more valuable. Or it'd have to be a ridiculous multi player trade that the Senators wouldn't risk doing. Mac+Lazar+Wideman for Stone+Rieder with picks on either side depending on the value.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
these assets dont have 0 value, which is what I was laughing at.
They don't have MICHAEL STONE value. The fact you apparently don't understand that or you are just low-balling Arizona, why even make the topic?
I won't even bother quoting your post saying you've basically never seen him play.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
They don't have MICHAEL STONE value. The fact you apparently don't understand that or you are just low-balling Arizona, why even make the topic?
I won't even bother quoting your post saying you've basically never seen him play.

That was my exact response, I clearly said they may not have Stone value...but they do have value.

You cant present an argument against me with my own statements LOL you dont have to quote me, I stated it in the OP before I stated the proposal.

And simple, to see what it would take to aquire him. That should be fairly obvious.

Last edited:

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Ya horrible offer. Why would Arizona trade a young established #4D with upside for a bunch of pieces that probably won't ever impact the roster?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not even close to the value for Stone, even if he is injured.

And don't worry about the expansion draft. As it stands right now, if there is one team you can almost bank on protecting 4 F and 4 D, it's Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad