Value of: Michael Pezzetta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think you responded without reading my post altogether and now you're backpedaling with something that I also already addressed, good luck out there

Where am I backpedaling?

If Martin only plays 30-40 games, who plays the rest of Pezzetta's games? Xhekaj or Tuch?

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
He's the modern day version of Tom Kostopoulos. Has ton of heart , grit and is willing to sacrifice himself for his taemmates while having a very limited hockey skillset. He also lose more than half the fights he get involved in but he doesn't back down from anybody despite being a middleweight. I mean he fought guys like Reaves and Wilson.

Overall an average physical depth player and not much else

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Great value at $812,500 cap hit.
His 6'1, 217lb gritty playstyle is exactly what we need.
Habs decided to keep him over a more talented Jesse Ylonen who they let walk.
Absolutely no need to move him for a mid pick unless he's asking for a lot of term and money on his next contract or we have younger replacements who have shown they can outplay him.
With RHP hurt; Armia/Dvorak gone by the end of season, and Evans needing a new contract, I think we will continue to have a need and a role for Pezz on our 4th line

Gaud

May 11, 2017
To be honest, I think Pezz is confused or lost track of what he is there to do. He is supposed to be a hard working gritty player that gives energy to your team just by effort but I wonder if MSL knows how to use him. MSL seems to challenge his players into "brining their game in his game" (being more than what you are known for) and i feel like that works wonders for high hockey IQ players but players like Pezz and Anderson pay for it.

I've seen him play the goon too often though, which kind of diminishes him (god like when he got bullied by Reeves, then had to fight him and got destroyed).

I'll be honest; guy gave me some good moments like when he did that funny goal celebration, but if you told me he got traded for a 4th, a 6th or for Mr. Future Considerations, id be like "right. " and move on. There are players coming up that will do just fine in that spot.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Pezzetta is a 4th line (on 16-20 teams +/-) role player that knows his role. He skates well and finishes every check. Habs will not move him with all the rookies on the horizon. The Habs have plenty of toughness moving forward with Xhekaj, Anderson, Savard, Struble, Pezzetta & Guhle is no slouch however he’s needed on the ice. Kids like F Xhekaj, Tuck, Mailloux are serious hard cases to play against.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Pezzetta actual value is probably like a 4th-5th rounder, but as of right now I think he holds more value to the Canadiens than that, so unless some team is gonna overpay (which I doubt) I don’t see him getting traded

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Admittedly I haven't seen much of Lomberg but I feel like him and Pazzetta are fairly similar players so he should carry some value to teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad