Value of: Michael Pezzetta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
A 4th liner trade proposal?

4th line.jpg

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Love The Pezz but I don't feel like we would received anything more than a draft Pick in the lower rounds for him

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Admittedly, I haven’t caught many Habs games. I feel like he’s a solid winger with some sandpaper to his game - fair assessment?
Very limited ability, but a gamer. Can take a regular shift and doesn't need to fight to play his role. A 13th forward that doesn't complain about being a 13th forward.

Given how few players Montreal has that can do that role, I think they'd be intent on keeping him.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
It's a weird situation where he isn't worth a lot but we don't have a replacement for what he does at the moment so he probably can't be traded.
This. I think he's more likely to be lost to waivers than traded - the return in a trade will be minimal anyways, so might as well try and slip him through waivers if there's a roster crunch.

He's pretty much the only forward who will drop the gloves regularly, so he won't be moved for a 7th round or whatever his value may be.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like MTL could use some of his physicality and toughness, yet they are willing to let him go for a late round pick?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Seems like MTL could use some of his physicality and toughness, yet they are willing to let him go for a late round pick?
He just isn't a very good player. Replacement-level, at best. Good team guy and hard worker, but he has zero ability to be more than 4th line filler with toughness.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
The Canadiens aren't looking to let Michael Pezzeta go for a late round pick, people on a message board are looking to let him go. What's the point of Montreal trading Pezzeta for a late round pick? That may be fair value, but do they really need more late round picks? Besides, what will they do with that late round pick, draft another Michael Pezzeta?

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad