Olympics: Men's and women's football tournaments

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
The girls wanted to prove a point and had all the motivation behind them. Good for them.

f*** the losers at the top that were trying to cheat.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Physical Therapy?
iron-sheik-spit.gif

It's how we spell a spit on Finnish.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The US got utterly smacked. They were never in this one. The Guardian live commenting is hilarious. Insanely bitter and going on about how this would be closer if Balogun, Pulisic were there, etc. Yeah, no shit. Maybe Morocco could also call for Brahim Diaz and the rest of their senior guys who are also ahead of the US. Seniors or U-23s, Morocco is just a better side.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The US got utterly smacked. They were never in this one. The Guardian live commenting is hilarious. Insanely bitter and going on about how this would be closer if Balogun, Pulisic were there, etc. Yeah, no shit. Maybe Morocco could also call for Brahim Diaz and the rest of their senior guys who are also ahead of the US. Seniors or U-23s, Morocco is just a better side.
Dude relax. It’s a youth game. None of these guys are senior team players. At least not on the US side.

Don’t make this about who is a better men’s international team because Morocco won a youth game.

Reactions: Jussi

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Dude relax. It’s a youth game. None of these guys are senior team players. At least not on the US side.

Don’t make this about who is a better men’s international team because Morocco won a youth game.

It was just funny reading The Guardian live commentary going 'If I'm Pulisic and Reyna, I'm asking for a senior friendly!' cope and the rest of the bitching when Morocco is clearly the better senior side as well.

It's part of a larger trend where US/Canada fans think they're on par with anyone that isn't European blueblood.

They aren't.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It was just funny reading The Guardian live commentary going 'If I'm Pulisic and Reyna, I'm asking for a senior friendly!' cope when Morocco is clearly the better senior side as well.

It's part of a larger trend where US/Canada fans think they're on par with anyone that isn't European blueblood.

They aren't.
I don’t know what to tell you. Guardian has a big US presence. They are going to pump the USA’s tires to drive up clicks. That’s how it is.

USA and Morocco are roughly even at seniors level. Last month USA was ranked 11 and Morocco 12. This month Morocco 14 and USA 16. Who’d win in a hypothetical two legged tie is probably about who executes better, in all honesty.

What I don’t think has much to do with that is who won some youth game. USA beat Spain in this category a few weeks ago. Does that mean they’ll beat the Euro champions at seniors level? Fun to enjoy, but not the same thing as senior football.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don’t know what to tell you. Guardian has a big US presence. They are going to pump the USA’s tires to drive up clicks. That’s how it is.

USA and Morocco are roughly even at seniors level. Last month USA was ranked 11 and Morocco 12. This month Morocco 14 and USA 16. Who’d win in a hypothetical two legged tie is probably about who executes better, in all honesty.

What I don’t think has much to do with that is who won some youth game. USA beat Spain in this category a few weeks ago. Does that mean they’ll beat the Euro champions at seniors level? Fun to enjoy, but not the same thing as senior football.

No offense meant but no one who actually follows the sport gives a crap about FIFA global rankings because of their points system that's not all that reflective of form and quality.

Also, you keep referring to this as a 'youth' game as if every player on the pitch aren't actual professional players. These are all pros playing, with many on both sides capping for their senior side but still being under 23.

The truth is that based on squad quality and forms in the last few years, Morocco and the US aren't roughly equal sides. Morocco is clearly the better team at each level and the U23s on both sides constitute part of the present/future for their sides. The USA is still way too reliant on the MLS and it showed today. Morocco's guys are all in top European leagues (or in El Khannous' case leaving for a prestigious club soon at big money) and playing in more competitive environments than the Americans.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Morocco tryhards using their top players for the Olympics, poor sportsmanship tbh

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Argos sore losers again... :shakehead
Bade was giving it to them the whole game and then after. They went over to celebrate in front of the Argentine families. Totally uncalled for. The families did nothing to the French.

The French had right to be mad at the comments made by the Argentine Copa America team, but I think the French definitely antagonized this Argentine team.

You can’t just substitute out the Copa America players for the Olympic players and act like you can take out on them what a different team did.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00