OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So awesome! The infrastructure for both is here and the economic opportunities are going to help immensley

Good for OKC but I'm a little perplexed as to why the Los Angeles Olympics are having events halfway across the country

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Good for OKC but I'm a little perplexed as to why the Los Angeles Olympics are having events halfway across the country
LA doesn’t have the internationally approved venues for these sports but OKC does. It is cheaper to have these sports held here than them try to build sites in less than 4 years. I’m sure they will look to bring softball to LA for the finals but i don’t think that decision has been finalized.

They had the Olympic trials for canoe and jack sports here as it is a national training site and Softball is a way of life here with a 13,000 seat softball only stadium plus OU’s state of the art facility that can be leveraged.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
LA doesn’t have the internationally approved venues for these sports but OKC does. It is cheaper to have these sports held here than them try to build sites in less than 4 years. I’m sure they will look to bring softball to LA for the finals but i don’t think that decision has been finalized.

They had the Olympic trials for canoe and jack sports here as it is a national training site and Softball is a way of life here with a 13,000 seat softball only stadium plus OU’s state of the art facility that can be leveraged.

This is one of the dumbest f***ing things I've ever heard.

(The venues, not what you said.)

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This is one of the dumbest f***ing things I've ever heard.

(The venues, not what you said.)
It caught everyone here off guard. It is head scratching. Still trying to find something that has a more detailed outline of what the plan is. I do know that the LA committee and city council must approve all of this later in the summer.

We have enough construction projects about to get underway so I don’t know how the hell they can manage adding the Olympics to a new nba stadium and a new OU arena and outdoor entertainment district to the calendar

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It caught everyone here off guard. It is head scratching. Still trying to find something that has a more detailed outline of what the plan is. I do know that the LA committee and city council must approve all of this later in the summer.

We have enough construction projects about to get underway so I don’t know how the hell they can manage adding the Olympics to a new nba stadium and a new OU arena and outdoor entertainment district to the calendar

It's disgraceful to do this to the Olympians, who won't actually get the Olympic experience now.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yeeeeeeah my first customer review 😂

“Took them up on the promise of homemade ice cream for dessert and really liked the large scoop of cinnamon that we shared.”

Yeah bro I make sure you get your moneys worth. Our homemade ice cream is good too. Flavors so far I have scooped: Vanilla, Peach, Cinnamon, Peant Butter, Strawberry and Cherry. Its actually peanut butter cup ice cream 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Nap time for Charlie and Goosie

Attachments

• 0541D8BF-F749-428A-9CB9-E152052EA6C0.jpeg
    0541D8BF-F749-428A-9CB9-E152052EA6C0.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 2

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Well I suppose we had to disagree on something eventually.

I don't like dogs. They're messy & slobber all over you. Getting run over by a Labrador Retriever as a child may have something to do with it.

Labradors can be boisterous and sometimes don't listen even when they know they should. But on the whole they're wonderful companions, energetic but very kind and gentle. And how can you not love a face like this?!

IMG_20240623_133701685.jpg

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Watching the Freeform channel.... They're showing the original Fantasia. Came in on the Greek mythology part....OMG. Although the Night on Bald Mountain scared me to bits....I'm sure that's where my dark side came from....and then Ave Maria.... stunning....

Thanks Uncle Walt....

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

If Boston is anywhere like where I live the hospitality industry will be having on a hell of a time. A lot of places that just barely scraped through the pandemic are now going under as inflation and cost of living really start to bite and Covid tax breaks and handouts cease. It's tough and it's sad as some very good places are closing their doors.

New venues will fill the void in time in at least some cases, but they lack the same familiarity and good memories, and it takes time to build that up again. But in this current economic environment unfortunately that's what we're dealing with for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad