OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Loved him. My favorite was Kelly’s Heroes. Laugh and laugh and laugh.

RIP

View attachment 884872View attachment 884873
Oh, man. I totally forgot about Kelly's Heroes.

OT: Check Sutherland in Neil Simon's charmer Max Dugan Returns (1983), co-starring Marsha Mason (Simon's then wife, who co-starred with Richard Dreyfuss in 1977's The Goodbye Girl, for which the now addled Dreyfuss won an Oscar) and the inimitable Jason Robards,

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Couldn’t do it any longer. AC just went in. A very wet 82 in the house, that’s WITH the New Bedford sea breeze. National Grid wins again

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Had an appointment with an eye doctor this morning who specializes in neurological issues with the eyes/brain connection.

I've had multiple crazy symptoms, some literally for years, and I didn't start putting together until recently that it could all be connected to my vision. And by putting together I mean, yes, internet research (Dr. Google) and YouTube. At this point I've had so many other tests come back normal, I didn't see how it could be anything else.

And it turns out......I WAS RIGHT!!!

There's some sort of fancy medical term but essentially my eyes are misaligned and may have been from birth, or it may have been a result of, or exacerbated by, two head injuries I had years ago (1980s and 1990). No way of knowing now. But he said it's possible when you're injured at a younger age, that the eyes can compensate for a very long time until they just can't anymore, and symptoms don't show up until you're in your 40s, or 50s, or even 60s. Well, I'm 53... and when I split my head open between the eyes I was only 19.

Anyhoo.... I'm getting new "prism" glasses. And I need to do vision therapy. And I was also told to do "blinking exercises" lol.

I was so impressed with this doctor. He was thorough, did multiple tests, explained everything, asked multiple times if I had questions. He said when someone comes in with multiple issues like me, he treats it like a murder mystery and digs into the details to solve it. I told him he made me feel less nerdy for walking in with a literal sheet of paper listing all my symptoms. :laugh: He said he wished every patient did that because he can't help if he doesn't know all the issues.

It just felt so good for a doctor to say "yes you do have a legitimate medical issue" AND "yes we can help you."

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
@Ladyfan there was just a story about a wooden schooner out of Rockland, ME on the nightly news. Is that your boat?!
I did not see it. My boat :D is the Schooner Heritage which is a wooden schooner. The American Eagle also is from Rockland and is wood.

1718925049344.png

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
View attachment 884985View attachment 884986One squirrel persists. So time to deploy mission cayenne pepper.

I hope that little f*** has a Taco Bell night.

Hate insects, especially roaches. Some unhappy encounters there. Don't mind spiders at all.

Hate mice, rats, squirrels, disgusting scary possums, rabbits, rodents of all kinds.

I love dogs. "real dogs" -- black labs, golden retrievers, Huskies, Shepards, Irish setters, etc. Even whippets. Not yippy "lap dogs" or overly hairy types.

Hate cats. (Sorry Ladyfan and all.)

End rant. :)

• Wow
Reactions: caz16 and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I sense an unusual obsession developing…kinda like Ahab’s with a certain great white whale…
Hubby had such a battle with a groundhog - bearing in mind we love the little guys in our yard. Our shed at the back has a gravel pad in front of it, a groundhog kept insisting on making the hole entrance in the pad, hubby tried lots of things to stop it but finally moved the edge of the pad so that the hole was on the other side of it.

One year we had foxes move into the hole too! They had two babies and lived there for several months, the groundhogs moved back in afterwards.
1718961458121.png

1718961809853.png

One time, this beautiful animal showed up on our camera - we think it may be a coywolf. I asked for expert advice from some Ontario wildlife sites, and that was the consensus. It is definitely meatier than a coyote and the coywolves are moving westward from the Maritimes.

1718962026551.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hate insects, especially roaches. Some unhappy encounters there. Don't mind spiders at all.

Hate mice, rats, squirrels, disgusting scary possums, rabbits, rodents of all kinds.

I love dogs. "real dogs" -- black labs, golden retrievers, Huskies, Shepards, Irish setters, etc. Even whippets. Not yippy "lap dogs" or overly hairy types.

Well, I hate bugs especially spiders and ticks.

I love animals (better than people)

Luna and Pippin say :thumbd:

1718965901814.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I love most animals. I prefer large dogs but there are some real sweet little dogs out there. I find the yappy ones are owned by people who don't train them and just pick them up when they misbehave.
They are also the ones who like to bite and nip, and get away with it. I am a believer that there are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

Possums are so sweet - they look scary but really aren't and they eat lots of ticks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad