OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
@dafoomie Delaware North fought the merger of Fleet and Shawmut

Even at the Last Hurrah you can see the ad

View attachment 882978
Fleet had the scoreboard and Bank of Boston had the benches, JJ must've made a fortune just playing the banks against each other.
fleet.jpg
Capture.jpg

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@dafoomie Delaware North fought the merger of Fleet and Shawmut

Even at the Last Hurrah you can see the ad

View attachment 882978
@dafoomie

Jacobs despised the person who ran Fleet but he would get the last laugh when the bank approved a massive loan to

1718433029753.png

Jacobs wanted the Shawmut name to survive knowing full well fans and media would call the arena the Fleece Center.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Intentional as in suicide or intentional as in someone's still out there looking to blow houses up?
They did not specify. Hopefully there's no crazy house bomber on the loose. :dunno:

If I owned a house, two of my biggest irrational (but totally rational!! lol) fears would be 1. gas explosion 2. falling into a sinkhole. I still get shivers thinking about that guy in Florida who went to bed and his house fell into a sinkhole overnight and they couldn't rescue him so that's where he died.

Reactions: BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
So far so good with the heat at the Cave. Got two fans going in my room, which is cooler than the rest of the house (except for the basement which is another option). The A/C will probably be turned on later this week. Lots of iced tea too ( Twinings Cold Brew ftw).

Reactions: BMC

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So far so good with the heat at the Cave. Got two fans going in my room, which is cooler than the rest of the house (except for the basement which is another option). The A/C will probably be turned on later this week. Lots of iced tea too ( Twinings Cold Brew ftw).
I have 3 levels (condex). Bottom is cellar and garage, middle is living room, dining room kitchen and half bath, top level full bath and 2 bedrooms.

I keep fans going and often sleep with one pulling in the night air from the back yard/ woods.

When it gets REAL hot the only air conditioner, I have is a ductless in the living room. Looks like I will be sleeping on the pullout couch later this week. That air conditioner works well in the middle level. When I get rich, I will put another in my bedroom.

Yesterday was beautiful...like Sept.

Today is nice.

Starting tomorrow it will be my LEAST favorite weather (hot and humid). I would rather snow.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
View attachment 883664View attachment 883665
Boys got me a birdfeeder with camera for Fathers Day. Pretty cool . WiFi , bluetooth and solar charged.
Although one unwelcome guest this morning. Will have to pick up some cayenne seed.
Do you like it so far? I've seen feeders and birdbaths like those on Amazon and was really interested. When I plan out my garden in the new house I might look into getting one.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Do you like it so far? I've seen feeders and birdbaths like those on Amazon and was really interested. When I plan out my garden in the new house I might look into getting one.

Ya. Only been a day but its pretty cool. It also functions as a security camera. Has night vision and can set for it to audible alarm and light up.
The AI for determining bird type isnt that accurate but thats ok.

This is the one they got me.

1718665805045.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have 3 levels (condex). Bottom is cellar and garage, middle is living room, dining room kitchen and half bath, top level full bath and 2 bedrooms.

I keep fans going and often sleep with one pulling in the night air from the back yard/ woods.

When it gets REAL hot the only air conditioner, I have is a ductless in the living room. Looks like I will be sleeping on the pullout couch later this week. That air conditioner works well in the middle level. When I get rich, I will put another in my bedroom.

Yesterday was beautiful...like Sept.

Today is nice.

Starting tomorrow it will be my LEAST favorite weather (hot and humid). I would rather snow.
Once it hits 85 degrees out, I'm done.

Summer is gross.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
View attachment 883664View attachment 883665
Boys got me a birdfeeder with camera for Fathers Day. Pretty cool . WiFi , bluetooth and solar charged.
Although one unwelcome guest this morning. Will have to pick up some cayenne seed.
I gave my sister one last year and she loves it.

On a related note, get the Merlin app if you don’t have it. I sit on my porch and have it identify birds by sound.
IMG_5933.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad