Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like thread 5 - Happy "Random" Drug Screening Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Given that those two animals are at most 2 feet away, I don't believe the eagle can get into the air and away before the wolf can grab it. I believe it can get up enough to give it an opportunity with its talons, but can't put enough vertical distance between itself and the wolf to avoid a bite if the wolf wanted to do that.
You're underestimating the fact that the eagle is facing the wolf and it just needs to get it's talons in the path to disrupt the wolf's attack.

No, not an easy task to attack an eagle head on. A wolf is very UNLIKELY to do so, as they fear eagles, as they get hunted by both bald and golden eagles.

That's why surprise would be the needed weapon for the eagle to NOT get away. You're not taking it head on, if you do, the talons fend you off until it gets in the air.

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
975C7EE6-3EA3-4804-9A6A-DB1745D3CE23.png

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Given that those two animals are at most 2 feet away, I don't believe the eagle can get into the air and away before the wolf can grab it. I believe it can get up enough to give it an opportunity with its talons, but can't put enough vertical distance between itself and the wolf to avoid a bite if the wolf wanted to do that.
Pretty cool video here, a coyote challenges a bald eagle for some scavenging in the snow. The eagle had been feasting for a while, so had no real interest in making too much of an issue, but this shows how the eagle just needs to get high enough to bring the talons into play to keep itself safe enough so it can get away without worry. (Yes, I'm fascinated by birds of prey... who knew?:laugh:)

Also interesting, I found the source of the images from the post that started this, it looks like the wolf did try to call the eagle's bluff and the eagle wasn't bluffing in this case...
eagle-wolf-2.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000

Those talons are in attack position! :amazed:

Shortly after, the wolf retreated

This was a northern BC trail cam

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Rescue workers, officers and the village chief went to the scene of the incident and saw Wongfaed’s body in the middle of a rubber plantation. They reportedly found his corpse split in half in a pool of blood with Pom Pam standing over it.
During their preliminary investigation, Takua Thung Police Station officers discovered that Pom Pam was forced to carry wood in the rubber plantation prior to the attack. The officers suggested that the hot weather that day made the elephant “go crazy” and attack his owner.
Rescuers reportedly used a dart gun to tranquilize Pom Pam and retrieve Wongfaed's body, which was later handed over to his relatives for his funeral.

Although the practice of using elephants to carry wood through forested areas was banned by Thailand's government in 1989, the practice still occurs in some areas around the country.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Authorities said they had planned to euthanize the elephant, but new international laws prevented the action. Unfortunately, their hands were Thai-d.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Looking at his eye socket, he likely has Downs. Down’s syndrome has varying degrees of severity and some individuals are adverse to physical activity. Maybe they are getting the kid to see they can bowl like on the pad and its fun. Maybe they can work him into bowling for real after a few sessions. Diabetes is a big secondary issue with Down’s.

I spent 3 years of college with individuals with down’s.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Looking at his eye socket, he likely has Downs. Down’s syndrome has varying degrees of severity and some individuals are adverse to physical activity. Maybe they are getting the kid to see they can bowl like on the pad and its fun. Maybe they can work him into bowling for real after a few sessions. Diabetes is a big secondary issue with Down’s.

I spent 3 years of college with individuals with down’s.

He's wearing a wrist support so I'm guessing either it's a bowling aid and he's playing the video game in between actual bowling, or he's got a hurt wrist which could limit his ability to physically bowl at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad