Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
English language.jpg

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
"This organization just can't keep doing this. Moving TDA so you can bring in a guy a decade older for the same money is beyond stupid. Look what happened to Patches in practice for god's sake. He was a breath of fresh air for this organization, a stand up guy for his teammates, and he was nearly a point per game until he had the core injury late in the season. And don't give me that BS about playoff performance, or should we move on from Staal and Aho as well? And don't get me started on Vinny..."

1660834100601.png

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
This reminds me of how fascinating a bird's body structure is. If this were a sanctioned fight these two would be in very different weight classes. A large bald eagle doesn't typically weigh more than 15 lbs, whereas the wolf is probably weighing in between 80 and 90 lbs.
Yeah, the wolf is running because it isn't calling the eagle's bluff. The Wolf would win a fight between the two of them pretty easy if it was determined to go through with it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This reminds me of how fascinating a bird's body structure is. If this were a sanctioned fight these two would be in very different weight classes. A large bald eagle doesn't typically weigh more than 15 lbs, whereas the wolf is probably weighing in between 80 and 90 lbs.
The eagle "could" beat a wolf if it surprised the wolf however, as it has a grip force of 400PSI with it's talons which is roughly equal to the wolf's bite force. In a squared up fight though like this? The Wolf's weight gives it a clear edge. The eagle isn't likely to get that death grip on his throat from that standing position. Swooping down from above? Buh-bye wolf.

Those hollow bones that birds have, give it the light weight needed for flight, but gives it a clear disadvantage in a standing fight. Good thing it can take off and get away easily. The wolf wouldn't be likely to take the eagle by surprise here either and if the wolf actually called it's bluff, the eagle would be in the air in a heatbeat anyway. That's why it's so fearless here.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The eagle "could" beat a wolf if it surprised the wolf however, as it has a grip force of 400PSI with it's talons which is roughly equal to the wolf's bite force. In a squared up fight though like this? The Wolf's weight gives it a clear edge. The eagle isn't likely to get that death grip on his throat from that standing position. Swooping down from above? Buh-bye wolf.

Those hollow bones that birds have, give it the light weight needed for flight, but gives it a clear disadvantage in a standing fight. Good thing it can take off and get away easily. The wolf wouldn't be likely to take the eagle by surprise here either and if the wolf actually called it's bluff, the eagle would be in the air in a heatbeat anyway. That's why it's so fearless here.
Given that those two animals are at most 2 feet away, I don't believe the eagle can get into the air and away before the wolf can grab it. I believe it can get up enough to give it an opportunity with its talons, but can't put enough vertical distance between itself and the wolf to avoid a bite if the wolf wanted to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad