Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like thread 5 - Happy "Random" Drug Screening Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Are...are we related? Had a Cliff Branch shirt as a kid. Also own zero jerseys now.

If you had a Johnny Unitas jersey too, I dunno...
No Johnny Unitas.

Mainly Packers as that’s my team, 72 Dolphins because they were the 72 Dolphins, and Raiders, as that was also my team after meeting Pete Banaszak as a young kid and he gave me all sorts of Raiders memorabilia.

Funny story, but when my mom passed years ago, my brother and I rummaged around the basement and found my old Raiders helmet. Didn’t fit me, but still fit him. He put it on and climbed 30 feet in my dad’s spruce tree to put a Christmas star on top. Stayed up there until a storm took the tree down.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Actual photo of my family from the 70s. I'm on the far left. No idea what Mom and Dad were thinking back then...lol.

View attachment 576605

Not so fast, Bucko! You think we're naive enough to accept everything that's on the internet without verifying it first?

Red men's pants with a white belt: check
Pullover sweater vests: check
Marge Simpson beehive hairdo: check
Brown plush carpet: check
Brown velour couch: check
Metal tv trays that snap onto a tubular metal base: check

Ok, in spite of no evidence of a vinyl-wood paneled station wagon, or a console tv with rabbit ears on top, I think there's enough there to confirm this as a genuine family photo from the early 70's.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Not so fast, Bucko! You think we're naive enough to accept everything that's on the internet without verifying it first?

Red men's pants with a white belt: check
Sweater vests: check
Marge Simpson beehive hairdo: check
Brown plush carpet: check
Brown velour couch: check
Metal tv trays that snap onto a tubular base: check

Ok, in spite of no evidence of a plastic wood paneled station wagon, or a console tv with rabbit ears on top, I think there's enough there to confirm this as a genuine family photo from the early 70's.
Family car was a 1972 Kingswood Station Wagon.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
No Johnny Unitas.

Mainly Packers as that’s my team, 72 Dolphins because they were the 72 Dolphins, and Raiders, as that was also my team after meeting Pete Banaszak as a young kid and he gave me all sorts of Raiders memorabilia.

Funny story, but when my mom passed years ago, my brother and I rummaged around the basement and found my old Raiders helmet. Didn’t fit me, but still fit him. He put it on and climbed 30 feet in my dad’s spruce tree to put a Christmas star on top. Stayed up there until a storm took the tree down.

Packers were my team as a kid. (Still are.) First football cards I collected were in '73 and I can still name that defense from my old cards (McCoy, Roche, Williams, Brown, Carr, Carter, Buchanon, Ellis, etc... And I thought the name "MacArthur Lane" was the coolest...)

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Packers were my team as a kid. (Still are.) First football cards I collected were in '73 and I can still name that defense from my old cards (McCoy, Roche, Williams, Brown, Carr, Carter, Buchanon, Ellis, etc... And I thought the name "MacArthur Lane" was the coolest...)
Chester Marcol was a cool name. Met him as a kid. He was kind of a dick, at least the day I met him.

Reactions: Unsustainable

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Packers were my team as a kid. (Still are.)
AmusedIncompatibleGodwit-size_restricted.gif

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Chester Marcol was a cool name. Met him as a kid. He was kind of a dick, at least the day I met him.

Major substance abuse problems, even then, I think. No excuse, but still.

Let me guess. Bears or Vikings fan?

Or Lions.

EDIT: Minnesota, based on profile, right? Tsk. My brother is a Vikings fan. He's had a hard life.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Let me guess. Bears or Vikings fan?
It was obvious of course. Vike's fan. ;)
Lions fans are pretty ambivalent these days. Bears and Vikings have had just enough success to still have hate.
Lions' fans are too busy bashing their own team to even bother with other teams. I guess that's what happens when you have a single playoff game win within my lifetime (45yrs).

There's a sports radio talkshow host here in the twin cities who grew up in Detroit. He's got a running joke where he explains "This is how we learned to count in Detroit: Oh and 1, oh and 2, oh and 3, oh and 4..." :laugh:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Actual photo of my family from the 70s. I'm on the far left. No idea what Mom and Dad were thinking back then...lol.

View attachment 576605
Realizing that Elvis was your dad explains a lot.....
It was such a treat when my parents let us kids eat on the TV trays. Probably only once or twice a year, but as a kid, it was glorious.
The TV tray experience could only be enhanced if you were allowed to eat one of them new-fangled TV dinners....

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Realizing that Elvis was your dad explains a lot.....
Funnily enough, I distinctly remember Elvis dying even though I was very young. My Dad, brother and I were out fishing on a lake. My dad caught a Northern Pike, and if you know anything about Pikes, they have sharp teeth near he front of the mouth, so you can’t grab them in the mouth like you can with a large mouth bass. They are also slimy so hard to hold, so getting a hook out is always a chore.

As my dad went to get the hook out, the fish jumped and lodged the 3 prong hook from a flatfish lure firmly in his thumb. Our fishing day was was done and we were off to the ER. As soon as we got in the truck, the local station was playing nothing but Elvis because he had died.

It’s also why I remove all the barbs from my hooks now when I fish.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Someone on the main board, knows enough about fulcrums and levers to bring them up in conversation, but not near enough to apply to actual situations, thus completely mixing up which lever method is in play... i can't help it when seeing this... being in the engineering field, i had to explain the proper class of lever in use in hockey (3rd class lever) and how it applies etc... yet they just went on and doubled down on their error digging themselves deeper.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad