Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk Part II

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
maybe we just shouldn´t call it permanent ice, because the ice doesn´t stay permament. it only brings confusion

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
1:1 for now in Prague.

Hope medvescak will win.

Yeah...me too...Cska won after shootout, above medvescak at the moment but same points...their last game is against Dinamo Minsk and Medvescak plays Slovan... I see some major nail biting in the last round....nobody wants SKA

croAVSfan*

Lev is too strong for us, they are going to destroy us in po, they can start to sell tickets for conference semis....and yes, you can close this thread, season is over for us.:laugh:

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Lev is too strong for us, they are going to destroy us in po, they can start to sell tickets for conference semis....and yes, you can close this thread, season is over for us.:laugh:

if we don´t want LEV, then we can still lose in Bratislava and choose SKA.:sarcasm:

LovroZG

Jan 12, 2014

I just love optimistic and realistic people like you :shakehead

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
It is still possible that Medvescak will build the team around Cronucks? Coz i dont see to much of the. Can they add guys like Nick Drazenovic, Zach Miskovic, Joe Piskula, etc..?

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
They would sign them tomorrow if they could. But some Cronucks are not good enough and some are still chasing the NHL dream.

LovroZG

Jan 12, 2014
Lots of Cronucks were contacted but they refused to sign. The only official talks for next season are with Rendulić.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
They would sign them tomorrow if they could. But some Cronucks are not good enough and some are still chasing the NHL dream.

Drazenovic NHL dream is coming to an end.
I doubt that he'll play somewhere else than here next season.

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
Rendulić won't join. He said he wants to try in North America. Besides i think its too early for him to come to Medveščak until he will have top2 lines time guaranteed.

croAVSfan*

I just love optimistic and realistic people like you :shakehead

It is nice that you like realistic people because i am realistic.If you watched both our games against Lev you could see that we didnt have two real scoring chances against them in ******** 120 minutes. Only unrealistic fans can even think that we can achieve something more than four straight defeats.

Congrats to Bears on reaching playoffs, to Lev on reaching conference semis. It was nice season. I am switching my self into NT mode, waiting for WC d1b.

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
It is nice that you like realistic people because i am realistic.If you watched both our games against Lev you could see that we didnt have two real scoring chances against them in ******** 120 minutes. Only unrealistic fans can even think that we can achieve something more than four straight defeats.

Congrats to Bears on reaching playoffs, to Lev on reaching conference semis. It was nice season. I am switching my self into NT mode, waiting for WC d1b.

realists don´t exist. you're either an optimist or a pessimist. but both groups are calling themselves realists.

even if we lose against lev this season(6th in conference and 11th in the league) is a great achivment. when season started we counted how many points we need to get in play-offs on the 8th position. I hope we beat lev and make this season to a fantastic one.

Toffu

Jan 31, 2014
Wow! Congrats to Medvescak!

I want to ask, what people in Croatia say to Medvescak success? Is hype at least 50% of football hype in Croatia?

roki977

Sep 6, 2013
Zagreb
Wow! Congrats to Medvescak!

I want to ask, what people in Croatia say to Medvescak success? Is hype at least 50% of football hype in Croatia?

Not even 10% in my opinion. There is strong fan base here that goes to games and have fun, probably the biggest of all sports but in generally most of the people dont care about Medvescak and hockey.

Last edited:

Toffu

Jan 31, 2014
Well.. the fact is that Medvescak is pretty good KHL team. If this continues for example next 10 seasons, will there be more hype?

I can bet that i saw Medvescak game live on Croatian national channel, but i dont see nothing now, do you know more about that?

croAVSfan*

Not even 10% in my opinion. There is strong fan base here that goes to games and have fun, probably the biggest of all sports but in generally most of the people dont care about Medvescak and hockey.

Of course that most of people "doesnt care" because "most of the people" doesnt live in Zagreb, but whole over the Croatia and afaik Medvescak is club from Zagreb.

And about football hype ?:laugh::laugh: That hype is myth. Sure, hype is there when NT plays at big stage (WC, EC), but otherwise it is just myth. Just because there is football news on front of sports newpapers doesn't mean it is well attended or that people care about it. Our useless league have avarage att about 2000 ( I wrote it too many probably) fans per round.

Just for example...in 70-s, when Medvescak played derby against Jesenice, front page of "Sportske novosti" had information about it, today Medvescak beats Kazan,Magnitogorsk and you need to find it on latest page. But no suprise there because staff editors of "SN" are people who couldn't find Zagreb on the map 20 years ago...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Live games are mainly on sport channel Sport Klub. Sometimes on national TV.
This years coverage was great with many away games on Sport Klub.

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
Games are on HRT and Sportklub.

Football apart from the national team has no hype so i'd say that hockey is doing well. As spectator sport its number 1 in Zagreb. Football is probably 4th behind basketball and handball (at least champions league) because of the situation with Dinamo.

I'd say that hockey is doing very well and it established itself very well with a strong and loyal fanbase from continental Croatia. Unlike other sports it has stable fan base.

@ hydralisk

SN are dead paper. No need to mention it. They have no real stories anymore and their daily sales are at the all time low. They will probably shut down soon considering the mess in which their owner EPH is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad