MDF: (1) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals Part II (Series 3-3) SEE OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Icing has become like double plays in baseball. If the 2B/SS is in the vicinity of the bag when turning, they will generally be given the call unless it was bc an errant throw took them off.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
It should have been an icing on Nashs goal. Not a fan of the grey area the refs have with icing. Late in the game Miller didn't gain the line and was probably about the same two steps from the red line and they called it.

I mean, I'll obviously take it, but I would have been pissed had it gone the other way.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It should have been an icing on Nashs goal. Not a fan of the grey area the refs have with icing. Late in the game Miller didn't gain the line and was probably about the same two steps from the red line and they called it.

I mean, I'll obviously take it, but I would have been pissed had it gone the other way.

This line right here sums up the series in a nutshell for Ranger fans.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007

Oh please.

I for one am glad the Rangers finally got a call their way. They got screwed on the Boyle hit from behind that lost them the game and game 4 Stepan was interfered with which led to a goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
On second thought... it was the refs getting the call wrong. The Rags should be on the golf course right now.

Well they couldn't have the self-proclaimed "King" go out with a whimper in the second round...I mean what would that do to the ratings?

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
Oh please.

I for one am glad the Rangers finally got a call their way. They got screwed on the Boyle hit from behind that lost them the game and game 4 Stepan was interfered with which led to a goal.

Exactly, the bad officiating goes both ways. If the Rangers lose tomorrow on a bad call by the refs will I be furious? Absolutely. Do I think the refs have made calls to the detriment of my team this series? Yes. Do I think they have also made calls that have hurt the Caps? Sure.

If that scenario plays out will I think that the league has it in for us because they are trying to elevate one of their superstar players? No, because this isn't the WWE. Refs make bad calls all the time on both sides of the ice. The mark of a champion team isn't complaining about it... it's marked by fighting through that adversity and winning the game. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
fY68O4Y.png

:sarcasm:

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Oh please.

Please, please, please for all that is good in this world watch it again and don't bring it up. These happen all the time, he tried to defend the puck and that makes him available to make contact with. There was no supplemental discipline on the hit. Department of player safety was ok with it and so were 95% of fans. Stop whining.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Please, please, please for all that is good in this world watch it again and don't bring it up. These happen all the time, he tried to defend the puck and that makes him available to make contact with. There was no supplemental discipline on the hit. Department of player safety was ok with it and so were 95% of fans. Stop whining.

Either way, the point was that both teams have been equally screwed by the refs. So if a call goes in the Rangers favor I'm not going to feel bad about it, because for every cal that went in favor, there was at least one that went against.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Either way, the point was that both teams have been equally screwed by the refs. So if a call goes in the Rangers favor I'm not going to feel bad about it, because for every cal that went in favor, there was at least one that went against.

I don't feel bad if we get a call in our favor, it is the ref who takes the harassment for not doing his job properly. Sucks when their called against you, but glorious when a golden egg is handed to you.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

Is this a serious response when the last 20 pages have been Caps fans whining about an icing call that wasn't icing?

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Is this a serious response when the last 20 pages have been Caps fans whining about an icing call that wasn't icing?

This is a serious response, it was game 1. I did no complaining about the icing, it is in the past. Everyone knows the officiating is questionable.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
This line right here sums up the series in a nutshell for Ranger fans.

Or every playoff series period. No one is thrilled with the refs. Go in every thread, someone is always whining about the refs.

You're going to get bad officiating on both sides. The team has to overcome that in the other 50+ minutes at even strength.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Let's get real for a minute: any time the ref makes a call or a non-call, one of the teams' fans will be upset. Has there ever been a judgement made on an infraction where both teams' said "good call, ref".....? Think about it for a second.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Let's get real for a minute: any time the ref makes a call or a non-call, one of the teams' fans will be upset. Has there ever been a judgement made on an infraction where both teams' said "good call, ref".....? Think about it for a second.
refs don't exactly ever make good calls :laugh:

El Gato Bodegero

Oct 22, 2008
Mexico City
Reality is that the Capitals having the advantage 3-1 wasn't because officiating, the same goes for the rangers coming back to be 3-3.

Officiating could be better but I don't really think either team could complain at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad