Confirmed with Link: McLaren Waived & Cleared

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Just ditch Orr now and we are getting back on the path to success

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Very interesting, Mclaren was waived incase of a trade before of the deadline.

As per Loiselle.

Deal is coming. ?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Dont get too excited just yet.

Loiselle is being interviewed right now and said while this gives them some cap room, its also done because after the deadline a player cant be demoted unless hes already gone through waivers prior to the deadline.

So in theory he could be called up Wednesday to play again. This is just bookkeeping, really

Last edited:

leafstilldeath*

Loiselle is being interviewed right now and said while this gives them some cap room, its also done because after the deadline a player cant be demoted unless hes already gone through waivers prior to the deadline.

So in theory he could be called up Wednesday to play again. This is just bookkeeping, really

Sometimes NHL Rules are so stupid, they exist for no reason except that they are still in the rule books. Bettman is a MORON

Last edited by a moderator:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I remember some kid Mike Halmo running around giving it to Kessel. I'm all for giving Orr and McLaren less games, but if that's the case, Bodie or Clarkson need to at least step in and make sure things like that don't happen all game.

Yup, Halmo in his first NHL game hit Kessel harder than he has been hit in years, not once but twice. He was also taking runs at Gardiner as wel

Punn

Sep 24, 2011
Brampton, ON

Never it thought of it like that, but could be the case.

Unfortunately we won't have cap space for Bolland when he comes off LTIR we McLaren isn't in the minors. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The Leafs did need 20K in cap space in order for Bolland to return.

One of Smith, Bodie or McLaren needed to be moved or waived.

Leafs have 680K of cap space, with a 22-man roster.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

But someone would have to be sent down for Bolland to come back so they still chose to waive Mclaren over Bodie and Smith. I guess they could still waive one of the other two tomorrow but I doubt it.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nadal-fist-pump.jpg

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ashton's not hurt. He just scored a hat trick last game for the Marlies.

really? wow, colour me dumb, i thought he was suffering from his hand issue - the more I know, eh? thanks for that :)

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
And what reason is that?

I'm totally just making things up at this point, but a good enough reason would be to prevent teams from over-loading on NHL players and then dumping the excess into the AHL come playoff time.

Yup, not much thought required at all.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
McLaren and Orr have a combined 14 fights 62 games into the season. After 48 games last season, Orr had 13 and McLaren had 12. Since December 11th, Orr's fought once and McLaren's fought twice. They're simply not nearly as effective this season as they were last. The only argument to keep them in the line-up is to protect our skill guys, but they clearly aren't doing that (or else is hasn't been as big an issue as some have made it out to be), so, at this point, they're just wasting roster spots compared to Bodie, D'Amigo, Holland, Ashton, etc.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
McLaren and Orr have a combined 14 fights 62 games into the season. After 48 games last season, Orr had 13 and McLaren had 12. Since December 11th, Orr's fought once and McLaren's fought twice. They're simply not nearly as effective this season as they were last. The only argument to keep them in the line-up is to protect our skill guys, but they clearly aren't doing that (or else is hasn't been as big an issue as some have made it out to be), so, at this point, they're just wasting roster spots compared to Bodie, D'Amigo, Holland, Ashton, etc.

The Parros fight changed Orr. He wont fight anymore.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I wish McLaren had better skill, and skating ability, because, he seems to be a nice guy!

We'll see if any other team picks him up!

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Neutral on this. As much as people think McLaren was useless, him and Orr were the first to arrive at any potential fight. While people think other teams have taken advantage of this by not getting into as many fights with the Leafs, they forget that it's BECAUSE of them that the Leafs haven't been in too many fights. Ofc we don't need two on the same line, but I liked McLaren as a 13th forward. Put him in whenever you need added toughness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad