McKeen's top 32 Draft Final Rankings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Just because you all support the McKeen's product so much, I'll extend our list to a top 50 here for you to see. Call it a sneak peak ahead of the full list release and the release of our draft guide.

Here's 33 through 50:

33. Teddy Stiga
34. Matvei Shuravin
35. Cole Beaudoin
36. Cole Hutson
37. Andrew Basha
38. Igor Chernyshov
39. Terik Parascak
40. Linus Eriksson
41. Lucas Pettersson
42. Henry Mews
43. Ben Danford
44. Dean Letourneau
45. Charlie Elick
46. Heikki Ruohonen
47. Adam Jecho
48. Maxim Massé
49. Leon Muggli
50. Nikita Artamonov

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
We just feel more comfortable with him in the second round. Love the skill and sense. Don't love the physical tools, skating, and size combination. The track record for guys like Parascak isn't amazing.
The production jump from minor hockey to junior is incredible and I think the ceiling is higher than most believe.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
How does parascak compare to a guy like Sasha pastujov? They seem similar.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I don't, I went back and watched Tracey's DY highlights, looks pretty comparable to average junior "skill" guy.

Parascak goes to the net and bangs in a lot of dirty goals
You are no doubt correct but will he be able to score those goals in the NHL at his size? Like Tracey, I just don't see that either player has that singular elite skill that will offset their lack of size. Time will tell.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
How does parascak compare to a guy like Sasha pastujov? They seem similar.
Parascak goes to the net much better, finds soft spots on the ice, very good complementary player who produces at an elite level. While his skating isn't great, he's fine once he gets up to speed.

Pastujov is a pure sniper, whereas Parascak's shot isn't at the level that Pastujov's was as a u18, but Parascak has a good release, especially in tight.

Reactions: Static

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thought O'Reilly might've made the top 50, but i get that it is really hard to compare a player playing EU v a CHL'er once you get past the talents that really jump out at you. Seems like a really low risk pick in the 2nd, though, and there is some upside there.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Thought O'Reilly might've made the top 50, but i get that it is really hard to compare a player playing EU v a CHL'er once you get past the talents that really jump out at you. Seems like a really low risk pick in the 2nd, though, and there is some upside there.
O'Reilly is very low risk, with potential high upside/ceiling, as this was his first year in the O and London doesn't play their 17 year olds as much as other junior organizations. SOR will get more opportunities and could pop off like Evangelista & Cowan did.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
O'Reilly is very low risk, with potential high upside/ceiling, as this was his first year in the O and London doesn't play their 17 year olds as much as other junior organizations. SOR will get more opportunities and could pop off like Evangelista & Cowan did.
Certainly passed my eye test. I keep going back to the Hartman comparison, but SOR is a bit bigger than Hartman was back when he was drafted. Both seem very competitive, and willing to do the dirty work. I think SOR is a bit calmer of a personality, but don't know that for sure. I think he will be picked in the top 50 for sure, more likely in the top 40.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
So many rankings are ignoring Parascak way too much. Guarantee he’s in many team’s Top 20.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

I really like O’Reilly and he’s higher on my personal list. Every year it’s tough to find balance, squeezing everyone’s favourites in within our team.

I actually expect him to be drafted in the top 40. Maybe even the first round at this point. The Ryan Hartman comparison is solid. The guy that I’ve brought up is Scott Laughton. If O’Reilly can be as effective as those two, he’s well worth a late first.

Reactions: McDoused

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Levshunov low. This is highest I have seen where Hage has been valued which is kind of surprising.

Also bit of a wild card that Levshunov seems to be around top 6 instead of your usual top 3 in couple of final rankings.

All I can say is that this draft is still total crap shoot randomness after Celebrini.

Nice to see them value Dickinson high which I do as well.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So many rankings are ignoring Parascak way too much. Guarantee he’s in many team’s Top 20.
Almost every ranking I have seen has him in the late 20's at best, usually after that. I think i may have seen one that has him around 20? I watched a fair amount of him this year, and he looked good to me. Has that 6th sense that enables him to find the back of the net. I don't think that there is any one attribute that scouts can latch onto, except him scoring points, and that has caused him to fall. He's not fast, doesn't have great puck skills, has average strength... good, but not great shot.

If Eiserman can fall into the teens, with better skating, better size, and better shot, then i don't see TP being picked in the 20's. His teammate, Heidt wasn't picked until 63rd last year, and has similar, if not better attributes, IMO.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Two Norwegians possibly going in the 1st, so that would be a double history for Norwegian hockey.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I’ve always followed you as an Avatar and a name, not knowing your background. I always appreciate your insights and professionalism on these boards.
With all the trolling on this board, I can appreciate respect being given where it’s due✌️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad