Injury Report: McDavid out 2-3 weeks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

duul

Jun 21, 2010
You know that bit about 2cm above your knee cap? That's where the quad starts.

This level of skepticism about this isn't reasonable tbh. It's painful to read.
I think it's reasonable. Lots of us learned that whole 'fool me once' proverb growing up here.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
It's his knee....imo!

He held his knee, that was obvious
He was at the bench doing his usual discomfort face, clearly in pain, but acting like nothing wrong face(love this kid)

Since when does a quad bruise take "3 weeks" to heal?

Hopefully it's not as bad as expected but I suspect it's gonna be a process

But to reiterate..he was 100% bent over grasping his knee. Make no mistake

Obviously we can't 100% refute what they report as "purely" a quad injury but ya.... it's seems pretty obvious there's concern about the status of Connor's knee. Yup a few of us have said it's odd that an NHL player would know he'd be out 2-3 weeks for a charley horse. Most players either don't miss any games or miss only a very short time with such a contusion despite what the internet says.

Most things people look up in the internet regarding rest/healing time applies to the average joe who doesn't get 24/7 medical care for injuries and aren't in great physical condition. These guys can heal a lot faster and aren't bound to the extensive timelines stated by the internet medical info.

I don't want to say for sure there's an issue with the structures of the knee but all signs point to concern for it and maybe some slight and hopefully minimal damage to those structures. But yes, it would not surprise me if 2 weeks from now the Oil come out and say Connor is shut down for the rest of the regular season and they back track and say "ah well we did more in depth testing and we actually found some xxxx xxx xxxxx damage to the xxx xxxx xxxx".

Or maybe the knee damage is minimal enough that it will actually will recover ok in 2-3 weeks and they won't even have to mention it and we'll all be under the assumption it was only the quad. It's just how these guys operate. It's just funny that they think they can actually still fool people.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Why would they be so cautious about a quad injury? As someone who has had an ACL reconstruction in both knees, it's because a strong, flexible quad muscle is best prevention for reinjury of the knee joint ligaments. Asking McDavid to play through a quad injury significantly decreases the ability for that muscle to prevent stress on the knee joint. It's also why much of McDavid recovery focused on maintaining and then strengthening those leg muscles while the ligament itself was rested so it could heal.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
If ya look at the replay, his left leg made contact with other player and gave out before the collision on the boards. It led to the wipeout.

Not sure what that means.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
From what I gather from reading this thread, the Oilers need to just come out and say he messed up his knee again, and he potentially won't ever play again and that they are folding the team after the season.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
From what I gather from reading this thread, the Oilers need to just come out and say he messed up his knee again, and he potentially won't ever play again and that they are folding the team after the season.
That would be unfair to the STH who paid good money for this season. Fold it by the end of the road trip and give everyone a 120% refund for the remaining games.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Putting Mcdavid on IR makes sense since it will free up a lot of money for the trade deadline and Smith's GP bonus, which it seems like he will hit.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
McDavid's quad injury is unrelated to his knee injury like Kevin Durant's achilles injury was unrelated to his calf strain.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Does anyone here really think McDavid will be back this year? That collision was damn hard, clearly knee first into the boards. There's no way he didn't re-damage the ligaments.

'charley-horse' LMAO.

Just a bad charley-horse bro, just going to fly back to Toronto to have the team that dealt with my PCL injury evaluate the damage to my THIGH bro, in the middle of the season. Totally unrelated injury bro.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Does anyone here really think McDavid will be back this year? That collision was damn hard, clearly knee first into the boards. There's no way he didn't re-damage the ligaments.

'charley-horse' LMAO.
Then I guess we'll hopefully see you at the draft.

In the offseason, I completely understand why the team might be cautious with the injury info. It affects free agents, season tickets, even getting coaches, etc. I don't agree with it, but I can understand that.

What is the point if "lying" about this now? Why would they "pretend" he's coming back if he's done, because if he's done, everyone knowing won't make a difference. This miserable garbage is too much, if you really believe yourself, probably time to find another team who's more trustworthy.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

'charley-horse' LMAO.

Just a bad charley-horse bro, just going to fly back to Toronto to have the team that dealt with my PCL injury evaluate the damage to my THIGH bro, in the middle of the season. Totally unrelated injury bro.

Yes. Without a doubt.

When he comes back I’ll be sure to remind you of this.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
God I hope he comes back - but not at the expense of his knee, I'd rather he didn't play another game this season if it means being able to be healthy going forward. Not just for the sake of his career - but just for himself as well - a playoff drive that likely ends with a first round exit isn't worth messing yourself up for the rest of your life.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

'charley-horse' LMAO.

what does the team gain by lying about the injury? come on man

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
Putting Mcdavid on IR makes sense since it will free up a lot of money for the trade deadline and Smith's GP bonus, which it seems like he will hit.

Putting a player on IR just opens up a roster spot, it has no impact on our cap space. They would need to put him on LTIR for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad