Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
By the time he retires, there's a chance it could go like this:

1) Gretzky
2) Orr
3) McDavid
4) Howe
5) Lemieux

Keep in mind, this if McDavid has some level of consistency close to if not better than Howe. So far hes been top 3 in points eight of nine seasons so good start.

Reactions: um and WalterLundy

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Absolutely no question whatsoever. :thumbu:

He passed Crosby the moment he put on an NHL jersey for the first time when the Oilers drafted him back in 2015.
By the time he retires, there's a chance it could go like this:

1) Gretzky
2) Orr
3) McDavid
4) Howe
5) Lemieux

Keep in mind, this if McDavid has some level of consistency close to if not better than Howe. So far hes been top 3 in points eight of nine seasons so good start.
My top 5 is different than yours

1 - Gretzky
2 - Lemieux
3 - Orr
4 - Howe
5 - Hasek
6 - Jagr
7 - Crosby
8 - Ovechkin
9 - Beliveau
10 - Richard

That's my top ten of all time I'm not sure where I would put McDavid yet.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Obviously a Crosby fan, but objectively, he can’t hold McDavid’s jock.

I wouldn’t go this far, but McDavid is well on his way to passing Crosby. Look at points he’s there. Look at dominance vs league he’s there. It’s only playoff success he’s missing.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
3 Stanley cups says differently

And if Crosby were in his prime atm he'd be putting up 130+ points every season to
mcdavid wishes he had the luxury to win a cup with a 19 point performance getting (arguably) outplayed by kessel. Mcdavid has this doubled (still adding) and looks to be in a losing effort. “But h3 has cups!!!” Just isn’t convincing

Last edited:

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
He can't hold McDavid's jock someone said of Crosby lmao

People on this board are willingly the hard R word (I hope its willingly)

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The more the merrier. He's the best player many HF posters have ever seen play and he's currently in the cup final. I'm enjoying every minute of it
It's actually quite pathetic.

McDavid is a sensational talent, but he is playing at the easiest time to be an offensive player in the history of the game. He has never had to persevere thru the physicality or structural limitations of previous generations - including Crosby.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
It's actually quite pathetic.

McDavid is a sensational talent, but he is playing at the easiest time to be an offensive player in the history of the game. He has never had to persevere thru the physicality or structural limitations of previous generations - including Crosby.
That's a foolish take. Are you forgetting the 1980s entirely?

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
It’s even more impressive because he won them himself
Your opinion matters. Keep telling yourself that.
I mean how about you start living in reality because He is not better than Lemieux or Orr, my god Oilers fans are literally the most insufferable fans on this board.

And yes my opinion matters so if you don't agree with it, just don't say anything its not that hard to do :)

Its not like you've added anything of value or merit to any discussion anyways :)

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I mean how about you start living in reality because He is not better than Lemieux or Orr, my god Oilers fans are literally the most insufferable fans on this board.

And yes my opinion matters so if you don't agree with it, just don't say anything its not that hard to do :)

Its not like you've added anything of value or merit to any discussion anyways :)
Not an oilers fan, and teams win cups

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad