McDavid becomes the 3rd player in NHL history to score 40 points in a playoff run - after Wayne and Mario

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
McDavid's playoff run in a nutshell:
tgk92a3p5mp61.jpg

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
If anybody ever tries to compare Kucherov or MacKinnon or (Matthews LOL) to him again, they should be shamed through the streets like Cersei.

It is absolutely f***ing mental what McDavid is doing and continues to do. The guy stands on business and gets even more insane when the stage gets bigger.

He will win a Cup as an Oiler. Whether it's this year or next, it feels inevitable.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Mcdavid keeping it 100% is the best north american sports athlete ever on skill and talent

Lebron wasnt as skilled or talented and dominanted a sport where 1 player has access and allowance to dominate the ball much higher than hockey

Kobe the same except hes 10% worse than Lebron

MJ played in a lower competition era so while he and ( Lemieux and Greztky) dominated the league at higher levels than Mcdavid, they had worse defensive schemes and systems to play against and lower skilled compeitition

No baseball player was putting 75 HR + 200 RBIs + .350 BA type years

NFL dont think any player individually was this talented

People are so normalized/accustomed to Mcdavid we dont realize he just put up 42 pts in 23 games...

This is the best playoff run in NHL history

North American zoomers are living in some of the most uncertain times with a bleaker future outlook since the early cold war period so do not judge these vain needs for heroes too harshly, just file it away with all the dorky superhero movies in vogue recently

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Im a huge Lemieux fan too but I disagree - I want to see him go for 48 lol
Same, I didn't get to see Lemieux until after his prime and I only saw Gretzky near the end of his career and I've seen McDavid since the start and it's amazing to see him break records, I want him to do this.

As a sharks fan though, my gut feeling says Panthers win the cup in a 1-0 win next game.

If you dropped to your knees in the 80's in that equipment in the game played tonight, your goalie pads would be weighing 75 pounds each leg from the slush puddle they played in.
I wore leather pads once and it was insane how heavy they were

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Possibly, but I've seen a choke job in 2014 vs the Kings and this Panthers team is way more talented.

Can never doubt McDavid
Plenty of outs for the Panthers to sneak in one more game. PP finally shows up, Bobrovsky steals another one, maybe Skinner has a bad one, etc.

Oilers are basically all cylinders right now except for Draisaitl and I think he's too banged up to buck that trend unfortunately.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Plenty of outs for the Panthers to sneak in one more game. PP finally shows up, Bobrovsky steals another one, maybe Skinner has a bad one, etc.

Oilers are basically all cylinders right now except for Draisaitl and I think he's too banged up to buck that trend unfortunately.
Drai has always been on point the last few years so it's weird to see him struggle, I feel like it could be mentally

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
If anybody ever tries to compare Kucherov or MacKinnon or (Matthews LOL) to him again, they should be shamed through the streets like Cersei.

It is absolutely f***ing mental what McDavid is doing and continues to do. The guy stands on business and gets even more insane when the stage gets bigger.

He will win a Cup as an Oiler. Whether it's this year or next, it feels inevitable.
Seems like it'll be this year as Bob's magic ran out.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Drai has always been on point the last few years so it's weird to see him struggle, I feel like it could be mentally
He had an index finger in a splint for the whole Dallas series so I think it's a bad hand. He hasn't been shooting or passing well and his faceoffs have also tanked. Even when he's looked sluggish or out of gas in the past I've never seen his passing or shooting be this bad.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

Kuch ,Mak ,Dri Mathews get points and put up numbers that's just fact but McDavid just does things that no one else can do especially at speed.It's like watching Mario highlights on fast forward,incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad