McDavid becomes the 3rd player in NHL history to score 40 points in a playoff run - after Wayne and Mario

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Incredible run. He wants it badly and it shows nearly every time he has the puck while when I watch Leon in this SCF, I'm wondering where his pulse is.

Reactions: Nihiliste

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
We all but crowned Draisaitl as the clutchest playoff player of all time. He was three points up on McDavid on May 20th (after 12 games). Ever since, in 11 games and one period to go, McDavid has 19 points to Draisaitl's 6. What happened? Is Drai injured? We remember well how playing with one leg didn't slow him down one bit a couple years ago, didn't he even break some record in terms of points in a playoff series back then?

In light of this separation this stretch feels somewhat like a McDavid's breakout party even though he was already accomplished as hell.
Drai blocked a shot with his hand late in the Vancouver series. He's had an index finger wrapped up since so that's the going theory right now. Unfortunately a bad hand is gonna impact his game more than a bad ankle.

He's not skating well either though so idk. Might just be out of gas.

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
So Wayne has two big playoff records, among others: 47 points in a single playoff run and 13 in a single finals run. I think Wayne was in a huge disadvantage compared to McDavid, though. I mean, McDavid gets to play against Bobrovsky, right?

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
So Wayne has two big playoff records, among others: 47 points in a single playoff run and 13 in a single finals run. I think Wayne was in a huge disadvantage compared to McDavid, though. I mean, McDavid gets to play against Bobrovsky, right?
Did goalies even drop to their knees in that era? Maybe that is a disadvantage? Not particularly athletic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad