Value of: MAYFIELD A Nine team All West Bidding War

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Gavrikov and Karlsson are clearly the Creme de la Creme but if both are not available are already dealt by deadline day could the Islanders get 9 teams in the West in a bidding war for his services. Of course this all moot if the Islanders go 5-0/4-1/ or even 3-2 in the games scheduled before the deadline, but let’s say Barzals injury is more serious than they are letting on to and they go 1-4 or even 0-5 and he is made available what can a 9 team bidding war look like. Would the Islanders be able to get Seattles (3) second round picks. Could they get a 1st from Vegas or Dallas. Mayfield could be packaged with Varlamo? Anyone looking for a defenseman and a goalie in the West.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Gavrikov and Karlsson are clearly the Creme de la Creme but if both are not available are already dealt by deadline day could the Islanders get 9 teams in the West in a bidding war for his services. Of course this all moot if the Islanders go 5-0/4-1/ or even 3-2 in the games scheduled before the deadline, but let’s say Barzals injury is more serious than they are letting on to and they go 1-4 or even 0-5 and he is made available what can a 9 team bidding war look like. Would the Islanders be able to get Seattles (3) second round picks. Could they get a 1st from Vegas or Dallas. Mayfield could be packaged with Varlamo? Anyone looking for a defenseman and a goalie in the West.

Which nine teams are your referring to?

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
EOaSh7cW4AExecc.jpg

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Mayfield to a western conference team?
Dallas doesn’t have a 1st and IMO, if they add - they add upfront. Same for Colorado.

I see Jets standing pat.

Edmonton looks to be only team that could use a D man. Seattle and Kings are set on the Rightside D. VGK might need a goalie.

Nashville might be sellers than buyers.

If Mayfield is moved - I can see Carolina being a potential suitor.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I think Mayfield would bring a 2nd and 5th from a playoff team . Otherwise a D or Wing prospect . Someone closer to nhl ready.

if Varly was moved I say for a G prospect or a 3rd round pick …

if they were great the Islanders might not be in the crapper again . Cheers

Reactions: The Real JT

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
I apologize for the outrageous claim that Scott Mayfield in an acquisition could attain 3 second round picks but I also think he does better than a second and fifth pick in the 2023 NHL draft. I still think someone will buckle in the last hour and gives a second and third. Could be wrong but I guess will find out in 12 days. As for Varlamov I hope some team would relinquish a 3rd for him. If he’s your starter your winning the Cup but he isn’t Halak either. I wonder if Parise could draw any interest. Maybe a fourth. The Islanders need as many top 100 picks as possible for I’ve heard this draft is one of the deepest ones in years. For the team on the Island you could lose Clutterbuck for we haven’t had him pretty much all year. Losing Wahlstrom hurts and would have loved to had seen what he could do with Bo and Barzal, guess we’ll have to see next year. Bailey Is a loss as much as some of our fans would like to admit but injuries are part of the game, but now you add Pageau and Barzal, JESUS I hope the arena wasn’t built on top of a horse cemetary. Too much to overcome. The Islanders lineup tomorrow night will have five forwards who started for Bridgeport on opening night. Penguins lose tomorrow they are in trouble.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

you aren’t getting 3 2nds from any team. 2 2nds or 2+3+ prospect equal 1st round pick of a playoff team.

saying 3 2nd is saying 1st+2nd for him.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I apologize for the outrageous claim that Scott Mayfield in an acquisition could attain 3 second round picks but I also think he does better than a second and fifth pick in the 2023 NHL draft. I still think someone will buckle in the last hour and gives a second and third. Could be wrong but I guess will find out in 12 days. As for Varlamov I hope some team would relinquish a 3rd for him. If he’s your starter your winning the Cup but he isn’t Halak either. I wonder if Parise could draw any interest. Maybe a fourth. The Islanders need as many top 100 picks as possible for I’ve heard this draft is one of the deepest ones in years. For the team on the Island you could lose Clutterbuck for we haven’t had him pretty much all year. Losing Wahlstrom hurts and would have loved to had seen what he could do with Bo and Barzal, guess we’ll have to see next year. Bailey Is a loss as much as some of our fans would like to admit but injuries are part of the game, but now you add Pageau and Barzal, JESUS I hope the arena wasn’t built on top of a horse cemetary. Too much to overcome. The Islanders lineup tomorrow night will have five forwards who started for Bridgeport on opening night. Penguins lose tomorrow they are in trouble.
The Isles have been disappointing all year and injuries have been a non-factor.

Every team has injuries. Most teams have had injuries of more significance than the Isles have had.

Pageau and Barzal have barely missed any games. Wahlstrom has missed a bunch but he was a disappointment when healthy. “Bailey is a loss” ??? That one makes me want to post a John McEnroe gif saying “You cannot be serious!”

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
The Isles have been disappointing all year and injuries have been a non-factor.

Every team has injuries. Most teams have had injuries of more significance than the Isles have had.

Pageau and Barzal have barely missed any games. Wahlstrom has missed a bunch but he was a disappointment when healthy. “Bailey is a loss” ??? That one makes me want to post a John McEnroe gif saying “You cannot be serious!”
The Islanders are in the top five in missed games by opening night starters. Everything you said is true, Wahlstroms been a disappointment and Bailey is pretty much done but even with that said I’d like to have an opening night roster with Bo replacing Beau and I believe they can go on a run. Or you could be right and maybe it was coach Trotz all along. Anyway the facts are the facts, we’ve been hit by the injury bug at a most crucial time.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Mayfield to a western conference team?
Dallas doesn’t have a 1st and IMO, if they add - they add upfront. Same for Colorado.

I see Jets standing pat.

Edmonton looks to be only team that could use a D man. Seattle and Kings are set on the Rightside D. VGK might need a goalie.

Nashville might be sellers than buyers.

If Mayfield is moved - I can see Carolina being a potential suitor.

Jets didn’t intentionally avoid LTIR so they accumulate could about 9 million in available cap to stand pat……just think they would be aiming for bigger target then Mayfield and ideally it’s a forward or two.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Jets didn’t intentionally avoid LTIR so they accumulate could about 9 million in available cap to stand pat……just think they would be aiming for bigger target then Mayfield and ideally it’s a forward or two.
I hope you are right.
They have been awfully quiet.

Who are they targeting?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad