News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Josh Brown isn’t expected to provide us above-par defending. He only needs to provide the basic minimum while doing his 5 or 6 minutes in the games he plays.
What we really want from him is his presence (a word,glare or push as needed) when somebody is considering taking liberties with our players.
A few games like that sends a message….don’t need a full season of that.
If Brown is playing it will be more like 14-16 minutes. That is typical of a bottom pairing defender.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
There is a difference between bad and the worst though.
I mean we have also had lots of bad players that were, still bad elsewhere. Usually our bad guys who look better are younger players, not a 30 year old.
We will see soon. I think our team is good but depth wise Brown is 7th on a good day.
Still wild that the team that’s trying to be more analytics forward signed him to a 3 year deal but maybe they are the smartest people in the league and see something literally no one else sees.
I think this is gonna be another instance of your premature opinionating which is a condition you struggle with pretty severely.

When we get into the back half of the season and Brown proves to be a perfectly fine #6 who’s showing better then he has in the past, I look forward to your spin and revisionist softening of your opinions.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think this is gonna be another instance of your premature opinionating which is a condition you struggle with pretty severely.

When we get into the back half of the season and Brown proves to be a perfectly fine #6 who’s showing better then he has in the past, I look forward to your spin and revisionist softening of your opinions.
If he is good somehow, I’ll eat crow. Like I tend to do.

And when we get into the back half of the season and he is barely playing? No one will say anything. I haven’t heard anyone talk positive about this player except people here for some reason who have let really watched him play.
Good all the numbers and every fan who has watched him play be wrong? Absolutely.
Could you be wrong, absolutely.

At the end of the day at best he is a slightly worse Desharnais and at worse he will be in the AHL or on the bench for most of the year.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
less than an hour til game time, any idea on the lineups for today?
Podkolzin – Ryan – Hoffman
Lavoie – Pederson – Savoie
Nicholl – Grubbe – De Jong
Heslop – Berglund – Desjardins

Kulak – Brown
Dermott – Lajoie
Roy – Marrelli

Rodrigue
Ungar

**oilersnation has predicted this line-up based on what they were privy to in camp

Reactions: Oilslick941611

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011

Kulak – Brown
Dermott – Lajoie
Roy – Marrelli

Rodrigue
Ungar

Not sure how accurate this is, but this is what i've found.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

Kulak – Brown
Dermott – Lajoie
Roy – Marrelli

Rodrigue
Ungar

**oilersnation has predicted this line-up based on what they were privy to in camp
That's gross but they have a split squad for tomorrow here and in Calgary. Really odd scheduling.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Kulak – Brown
Dermott – Lajoie
Roy – Marrelli

Rodrigue
Ungar

Not sure how accurate this is, but this is what i've found.
I think I’ll skip this one.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Kulak – Brown
Dermott – Lajoie
Roy – Marrelli

Rodrigue
Ungar

Based on who’s taking warmup they are way off.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
That's not the

Kulak – Brown
Dermott – Lajoie
Roy – Marrelli

Rodrigue
Ungar

That's not the lineup lol. Berglund is injured

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad