Max Pacioretty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I want to see as much continuity as is possible in this modern age. I have jersey numbers to memorize. Meme-pics to create. Plus, I just want some consistency. I know that's unrealistic, but let's just go with who we have plus camp and see if the can beat 91 points this coming season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
is the plan to stash him on ltir until the playoffs start?

Why would we do that?

Why on earth people can't get it. He would be a 13th forward, player playing here and there not regularly. A bench veteran, who will sit, so prospect doesn't have to sit. And will deliver his leadership on the the team as being involved.

He would replace Jos Snively at current team chart. Snively is needed at GR top line. Pacioretty is NHL-guy.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Why would we do that?

Why on earth people can't get it. He would be a 13th forward, player playing here and there not regularly. A bench veteran, who will sit, so prospect doesn't have to sit. And will deliver his leadership on the the team as being involved.

He would replace Jos Snively at current team chart. Snively is needed at GR top line. Pacioretty is NHL-guy.
it was a joke because he's only played like 50 games in the past 2 years

calm down

Reactions: Henkka

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Honestly, as long as Seider and Raymond are signed, I don't care. Berggren to me is another in a long line of Taro Hirose, Andreas Athanasiou, Jan Mursak, Stacy Roest, Temmu Pulkkinen, Tomas Jurco, Filip Zadina of who gives a shit whether we sign him.
Except Berggren's talent, pedigree and track record is better than literally every single one of those guys.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Nobody is injured.
He would be a 13th forward, player playing here and there not regularly. A bench veteran, who will sit, so prospect doesn't have to sit. And will deliver his leadership on the the team as being involved.
Ras - Larkin - Ray
Cat - JT - Kane
Berggren - Copp - Tarasenko
Motte - Veleno - Fischer

Chiarot - Seider
Ed - Petry
Gus - AlJo
Määttä - Holl

Talbot
Lyon
Husso

23-men roster, add Pacioretty and that makes it 24. Someone has to be injured or someone gets waived after the camp.
-----------------
According to Seravalli and Pagnotta, Pacioretty will get a contract not PTO.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
23-men roster, add Pacioretty and that makes it 24. Someone has to be injured or someone gets waived after the camp.
-----------------
According to Seravalli and Pagnotta, Pacioretty will get a contract not PTO.

Pretty much the goalie, which nobody will want, is the easiest to be waived. It's also as easy to call back, when needed.

Still, usually the training camp and pre-season will cause some injuries, and the roster spots will open via that route. We just can't predict who will get injured, but somebody will.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Feels like a Ken Holland signing. Brad Richards in 2016. 2019-20 was the last time MP played more than 70 games in a season. IDK if he's a wonderful guy in the locker room or something, but when Ray is signed, the top 6 is full. MP would be competing with Berggren or hoping for injuries in the top 9. In Detroit, the best case scenario wold be 13th forward, league min.

DeBrincat Larkin Raymond
Tarasenko Compher Kane
Rasmussen Copp Berggren
Motte Veleno Fischer

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Still, usually the training camp and pre-season will cause some injuries, and the roster spots will open via that route. We just can't predict who will get injured, but somebody will.
I was kinda expecting Watson to be that guy, someone from the bottom-6 gets up in the lineup and Watson replaces him in the bottom-6. And if there more than 1 injury, then the best kid(s) gets a shot.

This rumour just made me wonder if Husso is still in LTIR conditition. Cap wise this is also a bit peculiar, 17.6 will go to Seider, Ray and Berggren but waiving Husso would open a spot and cap space to acquire Pacioretty. But then that creates a quite log jam in GR, Cossa-Husso-Campbell in goal.

@The Zetterberg Era makes a good point about Pacioretty, him being the netfront guy. Just for the sake of speculation. If Husso is in LTIR conditition, i could see Yzerman capitalizing that. Wings could use a netfront player and Husso in LTIR list opens up a spot and cap space, why not go for it. Drop Veleno as 13F and use Motte in the middle. Motte had 50,3 FOW % last season, better than Fischer, Czarnik or Ras. Better than Compher and Veleno too but they had a whole lot more of FOs.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Except Berggren's talent, pedigree and track record is better than literally every single one of those guys.
I disagree with that, Pulkkinen was a very dynamic player in the AHL that flashed scoring ability in a few callups. He took forever to shoot the puck but I would say he was slightly better than Berggren at this point in their careers.

I am curious what Berggren does this year, not even completely certain he is still playing here for much longer. He has really good offensive instincts, I am just not sure it will be enough with the role he likely needs to play. I get people can say he is Sprong or Fabbri in terms of down the lineup offense but I have a hard time seeing them go long before the team thinks Kasper and Mazur do that but with more defensive acumen in that role. Happy to be wrong, I think Berggren's time in Detroit is coming to a close soon.

Reactions: 13to40

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was looking for a real answer.

I'm guessing negotiations with Ray and Burger aren't going well. That would be the only reason to sign a washed up 35 year old. If both Ray and Burger hold out then the team would actually need Patches, unless you'd rather see Watson AND Snively.

it was a joke because he's only played like 50 games in the past 2 years

calm down

He blew his right Achille's twice in a 5 month span.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I disagree with that, Pulkkinen was a very dynamic player in the AHL that flashed scoring ability in a few callups. He took forever to shoot the puck but I would say he was slightly better than Berggren at this point in their careers.

I am curious what Berggren does this year, not even completely certain he is still playing here for much longer. He has really good offensive instincts, I am just not sure it will be enough with the role he likely needs to play. I get people can say he is Sprong or Fabbri in terms of down the lineup offense but I have a hard time seeing them go long before the team thinks Kasper and Mazur do that but with more defensive acumen in that role. Happy to be wrong, I think Berggren's time in Detroit is coming to a close soon.
This year is his final shot of cracking the roster and doing something with his time on the team.

I can see him also being beat out by somebody else in training camp to start the season and being waived before the start.

Never was high on this player. If he was a few inches taller and had a bigger frame, maybe I would feel differently about him.

I also hope I am wrong and he forces himself into a top 6 position. Maybe he will have amazing chemistry with Raymond or Larkin… fingers crossed I guess.

With that being said, signing patches for a 1 year 1-1.5M wouldn’t be a bad signing. He’s extra depth scoring. Brings great leadership and I’m sure will become a fan favourite in the community as he was with his time here in Montreal. Really good dude and role model for the kids.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Pacioretty, if he's healthy again after two Achilles tears and before that a broken bone in his foot and season-ending wrist surgery, isn't going to sign with any team whose plan is for him to be 13th forward strictly as injury insurance. He's done enough sitting already the past few years, he'll want to go somewhere he plays. He's never played 4th line minutes or been a regular healthy scratch. His well-known leadership abilities aren't much use if he's a spectator waiting for someone to get hurt. If there's mutual interest between him and Detroit, it's for a favorable opportunity for a middle six spot and PP time, to be a good voice and presence in the locker room.

If the reported interest is true, it adds up to the Wings having little belief in Berggren; if they did, they'd likely have no serious interest in Patches, or him in Detroit. The top nine winger spots would be filled and options available in case of injury with Copp and Veleno able to move over, two top 10 centers in GR, Watson, Snively and Dries with lots of NHL experience. Trade rumors have followed Berggren for a year and he remains unsigned, even though money should not be an issue. If the Wings were confident in Berggren and he wanted to stay, there wouldn't be a huge gap in what Berggren could rationally want and what the Wings would offer. What this is looking like is SY not wanting to make a decision on signing Berggren until he knows if he can get a cheap vet alternative. Pacioretty at close to league minimum instead of Berggren could mean a saving of $500K, which might be useful for Seider/Raymond contracts or should SY finally get around to acquiring the missing piece at 2RD. There's still a trade begging to be made and between Berggren, Maatta, Veleno, prospects and Draft picks, more than enough assets to acquire someone.

Maybe all this is, is finding out for a small cost if Max has anything left and if he doesn't then just cut him. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But they won't sign him if they don't think there is a chance he can still play, and if he can he will, probably at Berggren's expense.

Reactions: JoesuffP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad