Prospect Info: Max Graham (C - #139 Overall - Round 5 - 2024 Draft)

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I will be rooting for this guy to beat the shit out of folks and bring energy. I really don’t care that much that we drafted this kind of player in the 5th round. Don’t want to do this kind of thing often, but picks these late are lottery tickets. I like that he can go straight to Utica and possibly play center.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, some year it will be Sharangovich, some year it will be Gritsyuk. I think Grahame will hit his ceiling if he will have 1/8 of career's success Sharangovich and Gritsyuk have. Even if Graham will be second line AHL it will be hue success for him and its not even close to what Sharangovich and Gritsyuk did. We even not talking about Bratt.

All three are not typical 5th-6th rounders but if manager will not draft players with their potential he will not find his diamond from those picks.

And the problem with Graham is simple - if player is smart enough to think and play game well enough to have at least some hope to be reliable NHLer - he will produce on the junior level at his age. Graham didnt, its a waste of pick and its painful for organisation because two previous picks were spent for... more realistically role players on the position where organisation have enough solutions long term, there are no offensive depth of talent in organisation after Gritsyuk and Hameenaho, who is right winger too. And there is some organisation from our division who are drafting talented players pick after pick in this range of the draft.

So please stop trying to cherrypicking our draft decisions in the draft. Teams like Pens could do a lot more if they would have some prospect depth and talent to fill the holes, teams like Toronto cant make next step because they didnt have enough talent to make their roster better for free in situation where 4 players eat tonns of cap.
Our team needs young talents. Every "we need to compete now, lets trade all of our picks" fans are just impatient kids who dont understand what kind of problem organisation can face and how they should solve it. But who cares about them, Fitz himself, even if still trading second round picks and part of first round picks, still investing in draft. But with his investment he should start to overthink his draft strategy. Because for the team with one playoff appearance in 6 years and stucked cap we have very small prospect pool of forwards with a drop of NHL potential.
Cherry picking where did you get that? You could be wrong no or are you all knowing? Of course I believe in the draft I can't stand trading away of picks like they are candy so if you are putting me in that group you are wrong....Sorry but they have taken a lot of potential and drafted heavy defense maybe this pick will fill a need in Utica and one day in NHL...My main point once they take them hope for best or at least give it time before you rule the guy out as a failure....

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Cherry picking where did you get that? You could be wrong no or are you all knowing? Of course I believe in the draft I can't stand trading away of picks like they are candy so if you are putting me in that group you are wrong....Sorry but they have taken a lot of potential and drafted heavy defense maybe this pick will fill a need in Utica and one day in NHL...My main point once they take them hope for best or at least give it time before you rule the guy out as a failure....
We definitely differed in understanding the accents on which we based our messages.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Woah. I absolutely loved the Sierra adventure games. Of course, being a little older than you, I recall them as being from the 1980s.
The 1980s? My word, how old are you? You must be like 40? I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for your. Do you need a walker to get out of bed in the morning? Do your kids have to yell into your oversized ear horn to communicate? I hope I'm never that old.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
The 1980s? My word, how old are you? You must be like 40? I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for your. Do you need a walker to get out of bed in the morning? Do your kids have to yell into your oversized ear horn to communicate? I hope I'm never that old.

Sonny, I have a huge keyboard that I can literally walk on to type so I can see the letters.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Woah. I absolutely loved the Sierra adventure games. Of course, being a little older than you, I recall them as being from the 1980s.
I mostly watched my brothers playing Space Quest and the Quest for Glory games.

The Vizier being evil in Quest for glory II

Being "Welcomed to Mordavia" and the Smeagol/gollum like guy in town, The Vampire bunnies that bit your neck in Quest for glory IIII

The first one I really played was Quest for glory 5 and is was so fun. I keep wanting to go back to it because apparently there was lots of things I missed by just focusing on the main story.

The Lucas Arts adventure games were great like Sam and Max and Full Throttle.

Reactions: Guadana

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC

Being "Welcomed to Mordavia" and the Smeagol/gollum like guy in town, The Vampire bunnies that bit your neck in Quest for glory IIII

The first one I really played was Quest for glory 5 and is was so fun. I keep wanting to go back to it because apparently there was lots of things I missed by just focusing on the main story.

Kings Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Quest for Glory (or originally, Hero's Quest), all those... the black cauldron. I remember being a pre-teen and dialing the Sierra Online BBS looking for hints, and that's when I realized it was running a multiuser BBS software called The Major BBS and it had... live chat... and I was hooked chatting with gamers from all over the country.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Space quest was onе of my childhood game too. It started as a watch gig how my older brother is playing but I was too good in quests and started to be main player. He was much better in racings.

thanks to his last name I always think of the game "Kings Quest" from the 90s.

Few years ago they released new chapter of the game and it is incredible.

Last edited:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I mean, I guess it’s somewhat comforting that other teams were even paying attention to the guy.
that was my takeaway, too. The Devils liked something about him and probably knew other teams were interested, so they took him early. Still doesn’t feel as bad as a Connor Chatham or even a Stillman pick to me.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Both Quest for Glory and Space Quest's creators made new games recently via Kickstarter. So awesome. Roberta Williams did a remake of Colossal Cave recently - like within the last year.

Reactions: Guadana and Xirik

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I know it’s off topic but my favorite was Kings Quest 3. I loved beating the evil wizard.

For a funny poke at the Sierra games, you should take a look at Stair Quest. It’s just annoying stair climbing Sierra style.

IMG_3911.png

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Maybe it's been talked about, and maybe this is too much to ask, but can this guy skate a little?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad