Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
You're mad that I'm stating facts and your only rebuttal is that I'm not watching the games? I literally have a breakdown of every shift of every SKA game on my Twitter you nerd.

Be mad at the facts, not me.

He can score on whatever team he want, he's been very mid outside of one game.

Debate with a wall
The facts are he is currently on pace to out produce Michkov’s best KHL season and has been SKA’s best player but ok

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I haven't missed a SKA game.

Demidov has looked very mid outside of one game vs a brutal team.. he's been putrid defensively, a giveaway machine and scored 2 points in 7 games with 15 MIN ATOI without the Sochi game.

Michkov on the other hand is DOMINATING NHL competition.

2G 3A 5P in 3 games played
lol what a bunch of bullshit.

Reactions: SlafySZN

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
It's almost time to watch Demidov struggle again, few hours away
Holy rent free , wishing a prospect to struggle , hilarious. Bad look man , you look biased and emotional

Btw both me and the other poster this morning voted for Michkov in this poll so you are talking to actual non biased people who like both prospects , why poo poo Demidov's game when its been quite good

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
When will Demidov potentially get to the NHL? Next season or is he locked up in Russia for a while? So Michkov is a bit older so I'm assuming this questions will be answered in another 5 years or so, maybe 10 years. Still fun to debate.

I haven't seen Demidov play at all. Recall the knock on Michkov was "when will he come over?" Didn't hear as much of this with Demidov at the draft.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
When will Demidov potentially get to the NHL? Next season or is he locked up in Russia for a while? So Michkov is a bit older so I'm assuming this questions will be answered in another 5 years or so, maybe 10 years. Still fun to debate.

I haven't seen Demidov play at all. Recall the knock on Michkov was "when will he come over?" Didn't hear as much of this with Demidov at the draft.
Demidov will be in the NHL next season

Michkov had a 3 year contract while Demidov is signed only for 1 year and that’s why there no questions about when Demidov would come

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Based on what I’ve read/know/seen of each player, it feels like it’s gotta be Michkov at this point in time (both excellent), but the reality is 99% of the people here in this thread, myself included, haven’t seen enough of either player to make an informed prediction.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
15 points in 19 khl games for Demidov. Limited ice time in a number of games.

Tied 3rd for points on his khl club.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
15 points in 19 khl games for Demidov. Limited ice time in a number of games.

Tied 3rd for points on his khl club.
Michkov is a point per game at the NHL level.

He is also leading his team in points by a large margin.

Michkov is pulling away at this point. Nothing against Demidov I’m sure he will be an nhl player one day.

Demidov is blowing up Michkov in literally every single metrics in their respective D+1 season.
How? Show me what you mean. Michkov is the best player the flyers have drafted since lindros probably.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Michkov is pulling away at this point. Nothing against Demidov I’m sure he will be an nhl player one day.

How? Show me what you mean. Michkov is the best player the flyers have drafted since lindros probably.
Avg goal/60
Avg primary assist/60
5v5 production
5v5 production/60
Take aways
Take aways/60

The only stats that Michkov had better in their D+1 so far is ice time, PP production (because Demidov is avg less than 40 seconds per game on the PP) and PPG (again, nearly 8min/game difference between the two) and yet their diff is 0.87 vs 0.79.

I agree. He’s the best player Philly has drafted since Lindros but he’s still inferior to Demidov.

• Haha
Reactions: akz and NyQuil

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Avg goal/60
Avg primary assist/60
5v5 production
5v5 production/60
Take aways
Take aways/60

The only stats that Michkov had better in their D+1 so far is ice time, PP production (because Demidov is avg less than 40 seconds per game on the PP) and PPG (again, nearly 8min/game difference between the two) and yet their diff is 0.87 vs 0.79.

I agree. He’s the best player Philly has drafted since Lindros but he’s still inferior to Demidov.
We will see. One is playing in the KHL. One is playing in the best league in the world. I haven’t seen much Demidov to be sure. But that kid in Philly is killing it.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal

The best rookie perhaps, but he hasn’t surpassed Giroux. Prime Giroux is the best Flyer since Lindros.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

And has yet to register a single 5v5 point so far as well.

We will see. One is playing in the KHL. One is playing in the best league in the world. I haven’t seen much Demidov to be sure. But that kid in Philly is killing it.
We were comparing their d+1 season in the KHL because there’s nothing else to compare them for. It’s unfair to compare a 19 years old season to an 18 years old season. Different league, different contracts and different environments.

Next year you’ll see plenty of Demidov in the NHL. Don’t worry about it

Reactions: Kegs

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Look at all the /60 stats coming out from the woodshed.

Hilarious.

Here are your top players in the NHL:

Goals:
1. M. Celebrini
2. B. Hagel
3. Z. MacEwan
4. I. Barbashev
5. A. Lafferiere
6. J. Kiviranta
7. T. Novak
8. J. Blake
9. C. Caufield
10. M. Olivier

2. M. Celebrini
3. B. Hagel
4. I. Barvashev
5. C. McMichael
6. A. Cirelli
7. J. Danforth
8. C. Koepke
9. J. McCann
10. K. Marchenko

It's a dizzying pool of the top superstars in our sport!

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Look at all the /60 stats coming out from the woodshed.

Hilarious.

Here are your top players in the NHL:

Goals:
1. M. Celebrini
2. B. Hagel
3. Z. MacEwan
4. I. Barbashev
5. A. Lafferiere
6. J. Kiviranta
7. T. Novak
8. J. Blake
9. C. Caufield
10. M. Olivier

2. M. Celebrini
3. B. Hagel
4. I. Barvashev
5. C. McMichael
6. A. Cirelli
7. J. Danforth
8. C. Koepke
9. J. McCann
10. K. Marchenko

It's a dizzying pool of the top superstars in our sport!
What stat should be used to compare two players one of whom is a year older and in the nhl and the other has only played 19 games so far?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What stat should be used to compare two players one of whom is a year older and in the nhl and the other has only played 19 games so far?

I don't believe in linear production against time.

Using the /60 stat excessively is essentially weaponizing his low icetime.

Otherwise Zack MacEwan would the 3rd best goal scorer in the NHL.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I don't believe in linear production against time.

Using the /60 stat excessively is essentially weaponizing his low icetime.

Otherwise Zack MacEwan would the 3rd best goal scorer in the NHL.
Yeah you said that already, that’s not what I asked though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad