Matvei Michkov: 9 points in first 8 NHL games

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I don't even watch the Blackhawks games but he is dominant playmaking wise based on the eye test? His shot is his biggest factor and his future production is giving me Matthews "36-46 assists" vibes lol
Well he has 45 assists in his first 77 games in the NHL

Reactions: JFedol

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I admit I’m not sure of what the positional needs of Arizona at the time were and maybe someone can correct me and shed some light on the reasoning. But even then, you still take the best player available. And there is no way this Simashev kid was/is a better prospect than Michkov. And picking Simashev clearly threw the Russian factor out the window. So, if anything, the most egregious pass to me is Arizona. Even if picks 2-5 turn out to be complete busts, at least you can excuse it on fears over the Russian uncertainty. But when Arizona passed on him for another Russian it was like wtf…
They had Cooley and Keller, no way did they need Michkov even if Michkov was willing to live in a dorm room and play in a HS arena.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Caufield would get 50 for sure with Michkov.

Caufield already has Suzuki and doesn't need a Michkov or Demidov to score 50. Kid has already paced close to 50 already as a mere rookie and sophomore, netting 48 goals in 83 games from the moment MSL was hired up to his shoulder injury, and was pacing 45 goals for that season before he got sidelined in January 2023. Last year he came off his rehab for his surgery and had the lowest shooting % since he was a toddler. His shoulder and shot seem to be back up to their usual standards as he has 16 goals in his last 18 games.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Michkov has been everything I expected he would be, except he has shown even more strength than I thought he would have this early. He is the total package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad