Matvei Michkov: 9 points in first 8 NHL games

Juicy Pop

Tank Commander Fedotov
Apr 26, 2014
Wilkes Barre
Kaprizov leads the NHL in points now

Homerish, but if Philly didn't have a horrendously bad string of wide-open net misses, then Michkov is in the top-10 in points this year, so far.

That's even being very generous, because there are at least 7 notable freebies that were whiffed on where it's not even a question that an average NHL player would hit most of those.

Reactions: SlobKnox

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Bedard has the much better skating, hands, and shot. The combination of being undersized + not the greatest skater is tough to overcome, so I could see him taking a while to really reach his potential. The fact he's producing like this in spite of that, shows how good he is; but I honestly thought he'd look a little better by the eye test than he has. His best asset is by far is hockey IQ. He doesn't have the most elite tools, reminds me a bit of a forward version of Adam Fox.

It doesn’t matter. Fans of teams that have either won’t likely complain. But imagine being a fan of a team who passed on one of them. They probably don’t care very much when it comes to rolling their ‘R’s.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lmaooo, another Montreal fan, desperate to tell us how great Demidov is in a Michkov thread, he does nothing offensively better than Michkov to create goals. There’s no world where I’d rather have Demidov with the puck on his stick vice Michkov to score a hockey goal in a passing or shooting situation, different level talents. Same as he’s clearly behind Celebrini and Bedard in talent.
Here you are talking about the Habs yet again. You got a little crush there licey?

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

MayonnaiseOreo

Undiagnosed Everything
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
As a hockey fan we are blessed that Montreal did not get the opportunity to ruin Michkov’s development

I am not surprised that Michkov refused to play for montreal, Montreal cannot develop their lottery picks: Kotkaniemi, slaf, reinbacher etc. all of them looking like the wrong pick shortly after joining the habs
Oh boy do I have some news for you about how Flyers players "develop".

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
considering he was considered second only to bedard (or even as good) doesnt shock me. woe to those who didnt take him when they had the chance.,
Not so fast and even though I would have picked him 2nd after bedard the Ducks and Jackets picks are still acceptable so far and in projection.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Here you are talking about the Habs yet again. You got a little crush there licey?

Aww, you mean how y’all to get me out of the Demidov thread because the truth hurts 🤣🤣🤣. Incase you had difficulty reading my post it was a response to yet another Habs fans trying to force feed Demidov in a Michkov thread, reading is tough, cope.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Lmaooo, another Montreal fan, desperate to tell us how great Demidov is in a Michkov thread, he does nothing offensively better than Michkov to create goals. There’s no world where I’d rather have Demidov with the puck on his stick vice Michkov to score a hockey goal in a passing or shooting situation, different level talents. Same as he’s clearly behind Celebrini and Bedard in talent.

But,

Reinbacher > Michkov

Right?

..Right??!

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Michkov jumping up and down is adorable

Reminded me of a rookie Tarasenko

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Too early to call but good start
Still crazy how he fell so far in the draft and then immediately came over
It's obvious that no NHL team had done their homework on Michkov properly and misjudged the whole KHL contract situation. I think it was Sam Cosentino at Sportsnet who before the draft said on The Jeff Marek Show that Michkov would be the same age as Kaprizov was when he would come to North America. He's either extremely bad at math, his reports were wrong or he just shot from the hip.

Either way it seems like no NHL team or media draft person bothered to even do the smallest amount of work when it came to Michkov, because you could clearly see the signs for things brewing already in his draft year if you bothered looking.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Franchise level player. If he can improve his skating over the next few years, especially in terms of speed, he could become a MacKinnon impact player for his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad