Matvei Michkov: 9 points in first 8 NHL games

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
No they arent lool

Foligno isnt an NHL top 9 player

Hall is a shell of his former self

TT is a very good top 6 player

Tipett, Brink, Konency, Couterier are all better than any Hawks forward outsude of Bedadd besides TT
Montreal fans were debating a lot with Michkov fans for the past year or so. That ship is starting to sail.

Looks like now blackhawks fans will start a new debate with Michkov fans. Should be even more fun to watch.

Mods should get ready....

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Agreed. Bedard creates more. Michkov has a vastly superior supporting cast. Philly is bad but the Blackhawks are legit one of the worst rosters, maybe the worst, in NHL history since he’s joined them.
Honest question: vastly superior at what exactly?
Philadelphia record is the same, but goal differential is much worse even after today's win.
Their PP was dead last in the league last season before the arrival of a certain 'PP merchant'.
Prior to today's game Konecny had 4 points in 8 games, Couturier had 1, and Michkov played with new linemates nearly every game (including starting his NHL career on LW lol).

Reactions: Fatass

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Honest question: vastly superior at what exactly?
Philadelphia record is the same, but goal differential is much worse even after today's win.
Their PP was dead last in the league last season before the arrival of a certain 'PP merchant'.
Prior to today's game Konecny had 4 points in 8 games, Couturier had 1, and Michkov played with new linemates nearly every game (including starting his NHL career on LW lol).

Not just dead last PP but historically bad PP

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
As a hockey fan we are blessed that Montreal did not get the opportunity to ruin Michkov’s development

I am not surprised that Michkov refused to play for montreal, Montreal cannot develop their lottery picks: Kotkaniemi, slaf, reinbacher etc. all of them looking like the wrong pick shortly after joining the habs

As a Habs fan I can tell you don't really follow the team and base yourself on past reputation. Suzuki, Caufield and Slafkovsky haven't been ruined by the Habs while being the three best offensive players we've integrated to the team in the last few years, and I doubt this new management will ruin Demidov and Hage, nor would they have ruined Michkov.

There's absolutely no proof Michkov did not want to play for Montreal as contrarily to Phoenix, he did not refuse to meet the Habs. It's on record that they met. If he didn't want to play for Montreal, he would've simply done like he did with the Yotes, by simply refusing to meet them.

There's also the fact Nick Bobrov had an inside track on SKA, as his father is still in the organization, and in all likelyhood, Habs didn't like what they heard on his personality and thought it wouldn't mesh in Montreal. They clearly didn't have the same outlook with Demidov, another product of SKA, same inside track on the team, with Bobrov.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Michkov has a vastly superior supporting cast. Philly is bad but the Blackhawks are legit one of the worst rosters, maybe the worst, in NHL history since he’s joined them.
I don't agree with that. I think the Flyers and the Blackhawks have pretty similar rosters skill-wise. Both are excellent players and hopefully be injury free for a few years so they can develop into two of the best players.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
As a Habs fan I can tell you don't really follow the team and base yourself on past reputation. Suzuki, Caufield and Slafkovsky haven't been ruined by the Habs while being the three best offensive players we've integrated to the team in the last few years, and I doubt this new management will ruin Demidov and Hage, nor would they have ruined Michkov.

There's absolutely no proof Michkov did not want to play for Montreal as contrarily to Phoenix, he did not refuse to meet the Habs. It's on record that they met. If he didn't want to play for Montreal, he would've simply done like he did with the Yotes, by simply refusing to meet them.

There's also the fact Nick Bobrov had an inside track on SKA, as his father is still in the organization, and in all likelyhood, Habs didn't like what they heard on his personality and thought it wouldn't mesh in Montreal. They clearly didn't have the same outlook with Demidov, another product of SKA, same inside track on the team, with Bobrov.
It’s been pretty widely reported that Philadelphia was his preferred destination. It’s possible that teams assumed he would delay his arrival even further if any other team drafted him and that idea scared off some teams.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It’s been pretty widely reported that Philadelphia was his preferred destination. It’s possible that teams assumed he would delay his arrival even further if any other team drafted him and that idea scared off some teams.

Prefered destination =/= refuse to play

It was widely reported he met with the Habs for an interview. It was also widely reported Michkov refused to meet the Yotes. Don't how good you are with logic, but none of what you said proves Michkov didn't want to play for the Habs. Or are you just found of moving goalposts for someone else?

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Agreed. Bedard creates more. Michkov has a vastly superior supporting cast. Philly is bad but the Blackhawks are legit one of the worst rosters, maybe the worst, in NHL history since he’s joined them.

wat?

Philly's roster is hot trash.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Prefered destination =/= refuse to play

It was widely reported he met with the Habs for an interview. It was also widely reported Michkov refused to meet the Yotes. Don't how good you are with logic, but none of what you said proves Michkov didn't want to play for the Habs. Or are you just found of moving goalposts for someone else?
Jeeze, I was just adding to discussion I wasn’t refuting your point. Just saying that perhaps that’s why MTL didn’t take him, and it wasn’t due to bad scouting or decision making etc.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Jeeze, I was just adding to discussion I wasn’t refuting your point. Just saying that perhaps that’s why MTL didn’t take him, and it wasn’t due to bad scouting or decision making etc.

With Bobrov having contacts in SKA and the fact Michkov met the Habs, I doubt that.

From a lot of reports, Matvei doesn't have the most endearing personality and our new management seems to be really big on culture and on players meshing together. We made a lot of fun of management for that. Here's a meme I made at the time (15 months ago) that really epitomizes what we thought of the reasoning behind snobbing Michkov:

Polish-20241018-200012589.jpg

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
With Bobrov having contacts in SKA and the fact Michkov met the Habs, I doubt that.

From a lot of reports, Matvei doesn't have the most endearing personality and our new management seems to be really big on culture and on players meshing together. We made a lot of fun of management for that. Here's a meme I made at the time (15 months ago) that really epitomizes what we thought of the reasoning behind snobbing Michkov:

Polish-20241018-200012589.jpg
[/url]
There seems to be a lot conflicting reports about his supposed personality issues, but could just be that some people found him abrasive and some didn’t. Such is life.

I thought I remembered reading that the flyers were the only team he did an actual visit with, but I’m not sure if that had been disproven or not?

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Dostal doing well after 5 games: too early too tell if he will be good.

Michkov after 8 games: perfect amount of games, crown the new king.

Never change HF.

JFedol

May 25, 2023
Calgary, Alberta
Should be lock for 100pts sooner than later, a PPG season doesn't look crazy right now IMO, and he'll probably be just as dominant as Kaprizov in a couple of years. One thing I'll mention is that his playmaking/passing is elite and bonkers.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There seems to be a lot conflicting reports about his supposed personality issues, but could just be that some people found him abrasive and some didn’t. Such is life.

I thought I remembered reading that the flyers were the only team he did an actual visit with, but I’m not sure if that had been disproven or not?
Here's an article from a major Montreal media/paper (Québécor) saying Habs would meet with Michkov:

And here's a NHL.com French article that confirms they've met:

Sorry i couldn't find the equivalent in English, but you can google translate or whatever. It's fairly well established he met with Montreal.

This myth about Michkov not wanting to play for Montreal needs to die. Montreal has long been a destination for Russians, to boot.

He did not meet with either Ducks, Caps and Yotes.

Reactions: Fatass

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Here's an article from a major Montreal media/paper (Québécor) saying Habs would meet with Michkov:

Sorry i couldn't find the equivalent in English, but you can google translate or whatever. It's fairly well established he met with Montreal.

This myth about Michkov not wanting to play for Montreal needs to die.
Oh, I’m aware that he met with the habs, but did he do a visit with them in Montreal, tour the facilities and see the city etc? Curious because I had heard that the flyers were the only team he’d done that with, but not sure of the validity of that.

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024

Bedard most definitely doesn’t create more and Philly also host a pretty bad roster

The false narratives have to stop when it comes to this kid, we already heard them long enough from the media last year

Reactions: JFedol

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Oh, I’m aware that he met with the habs, but did he do a visit with them in Montreal, tour the facilities and see the city etc? Curious because I had heard that the flyers were the only team he’d done that with, but not sure of the validity of that.

He visited because the Flyers invited him. He didn't visit elsewhere because... he was simply not invited to??

Pre-draft, Montreal didn't invite Slafkovsky to visit their facilities. Nor Demidov. Nor Hage. They just don't do that, it seems.

Juicy Pop

Tank Commander Fedotov
Apr 26, 2014
Wilkes Barre
Dostal doing well after 5 games: too early too tell if he will be good.

Michkov after 8 games: perfect amount of games, crown the new king.

Never change HF.

Goalies are voodoo

You can tell that the Michkov is already the motor to the entire offense on that team. Pretty much all of the scoring chances that his line creates come from some great playmaking on his part. Heck, he only logged two points today, but his play was crucial on the fifth and sixth goals.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

This myth about Michkov not wanting to play for Montreal needs to die. Montreal has long been a destination for Russians, to boot.

He did not meet with either Ducks, Caps and Yotes.
Montreal is known in the hockey world as its Mecca. Of course Michkov would have wanted to go there. He’d be treated like a God in Montreal. They haven’t had a talent of his level since Lafleur. With the young talent the Habs already have including Michkov would have made them insanely good right away. Caufield would get 50 for sure with Michkov.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JFedol

May 25, 2023
Calgary, Alberta
Bedard most definitely doesn’t create more and Philly also host a pretty bad roster

The false narratives have to stop when it comes to this kid, we already heard them long enough from the media last year
I don't even watch the Blackhawks games but he is dominant playmaking wise based on the eye test? His shot is his biggest factor and his future production is giving me Matthews "36-46 assists" vibes lol

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Montreal is known in the hockey world as its Mecca. Of course Michkov would have wanted to go there. He’d be treated like a God in Montreal. They haven’t had a talent of his level since Lafleur. With the young talent the Habs already have including Michkov would have made them insanely good right away. Caufield would get 50 for sure with Michkov.

Demidov is a better passer than Michkov, so I'm not too worried about Caufield's goal count in the future, but I would've prefered having both Demidov and Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad