Confirmed with Link: Mattias Samuelsson Signs 7 year extension ($4.29M AAV)

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I wonder if we could VGK to send us Whitecloud for him and a third?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Why would we be adding? Samuelsson, while injured.....is a better player when healthy. And Sammy's contract isn't that out of whack at all.
Samuelson is an average bottom pair guy who is overpaid. When healthy, which isn’t often, he brings no offense and the same defense as Ryjo. We need a 3 C . We may need to add for a team take on that contract with his injury history.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
The guy has one more year to show he is worth this contract.

Only would cost the Sabres 715k for 10 years to get out of the dog crap contract. Dead cap would double if they wait till he is 26.

Just want to remind people it doesn't cost a lot to buy him out.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Samuelsson has been mostly fine but he has had a big blunder in each game that has led directly to a goal. So by that count I'd say he's been bad lol
Remember Lydman, who had one of those "hand grenade" moments every game? But it only seemed like a small percentage of those brain-dead plays actually wound up in our net? But was very solid otherwise?

Yeah. In the portions of games 1 and 2 I saw.....and in game 3....Sammy's made like 2 glaring errors and BOTH have wound up in the net. But outside of those, I've thought he's been rock solid.

So if he could stop making that one bonehead play a game and/or they stop winding up in the net.....he's just fine.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Lindy called him out for last night. We'll see how he responds. He got an A and I think Lindy is telling this kid to grow up a little.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Lindy is probably a gaffe or two from having him sit a game. Ruff needs to have these guys lead, they aren't kids anymore. Matthias is great when he is aggressive with his body on the boards and deft with his stick. That slash was so unnecessary, clamping down that hard on a guy when he could have pushed him instead was a boneheaded move.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
For a guy that was never going to score any points and who's comps were much cheaper, they extended him far too early. Should have signed him to a 2 year deal with a slight bump up to 1.5 mil per. He would be an RFA after this year and what would his next contract look like? 2 yr 3 mil per? Certainly not 7 year deal @ 5+ mil (time value of 4.29 mil 2 years ago)

Last edited:

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Lindy is probably a gaffe or two from having him sit a game. Ruff needs to have these guys lead, they aren't kids anymore. Matthias is great when he is aggressive with his body on the boards and deft with his stick. That slash was so unnecessary, clamping down that hard on a guy when he could have pushed him instead was a boneheaded move.
Not a good look to have an A cost you at least a point and maybe the game.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Not a good look to have an A cost you at least a point and maybe the game.
Absolutely. And I think he has been good in games OTHER than the gaffes, but those are the things Ruff needs to coach out of these guys. 55 minutes of good play and 5 minutes of bad play is enough to lose a game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad