Matthews,Marner,Woll vs Stutzle,Tkachuk,Ullmark

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who has the better trio Toronto or Ottawa?

• Matthews,Marner,Woll

Votes: 97 79.5%
  • Stutzle,Tkachuk,Ullmark

Votes: 25 20.5%

• Total voters

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Boston is a MUCH better team though, so it won’t translate the same to Ottawa
Correct but if he plays the way he did in Boston he is better then Woll probably by a lot.But the result is of course going to be worse in Ottawa because of the team is weaker.

The poll is trio not team and i se the Ottawa fans are sleeping

SNES

Aug 7, 2012
Manotick
Toronto pair is more proven (and older) but I like the “flavour” of Ottawa’s duo better. Obviously Ulmark >> Woll

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Boston's always had a notoriously good defensive game, so it will be interesting to see how Ullmark fares on a ... less than notoriously good defensive team.

The Toronto forwards have the edge for the other two spots.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I'd take Matthews by a mile over the diver

I'd rather tkachuk over Marner

Woll and ullmark probably a wash for me. I think ullmark best days are behind him and will not be the Savior ottawa hopes he will be for them.

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
Boston is a MUCH better team though, so it won’t translate the same to Ottawa
Ullmark’s worst season was a .905 save percentage. He performed excellent on a bad Buffalo team and excelled on the Bruins. He’s an elite goalie.

Boston's always had a notoriously good defensive game, so it will be interesting to see how Ullmark fares on a ... less than notoriously good defensive team.

He did play play on Buffalo …..

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
I'd take Matthews by a mile over the diver

I'd rather tkachuk over Marner

Woll and ullmark probably a wash for me. I think ullmark best days are behind him and will not be the Savior ottawa hopes he will be for them.
Matthews is the choice overall in this poll but to say WOLL and Ullmark are a wash is laughable

Reactions: xVolchenkov

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Matthews is the choice overall in this poll but to say WOLL and Ullmark are a wash is laughable
Woll is a good goalie outside of injuries. I expect him to continue improving. I'm not a huge fan of Ullmark. Liked him in Buffalo but that was years ago. I think he regresses this year with the sens

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

We saw that already. Ullmark was a solid goalie in Buffalo.

regular or postseason matthews and marner?

regular or postseason stutzle and tkachuk…

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Put Nylander there instead of Marner and its easy. Marner is just a complete liability. I actually like the Leafs players otherwise.

Stu is the youngest player there. Clearly, he has much room to improve, and same with Tkachuk, whom is going to keep on getting better with his man strength.

Ullmark is getting pretty underrated around here. You can't compare Woll to a Vezina winner, one year removed from winning it. Woll hasn't proven anything, though he has looked good when not injured.

Reactions: Sens9292

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Woll is a good goalie outside of injuries. I expect him to continue improving. I'm not a huge fan of Ullmark. Liked him in Buffalo but that was years ago. I think he regresses this year with the sens

He is a very good goalie outside of injuries. But “outside of injuries” is a substantial modifier here. He seems to be made out of glass.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This is tough. Matthews is one of the 5 best players in the league. Probably top 3 or 4. It’s subjective. So even taking salaries into account he alone might be what moves the needle towards Toronto here.

Stützle has huge potential but hasn’t made that ascent yet. And it may not happen under this coach. Time will tell. I’d take Stützle over Marner because of Marner’s salary. I’d take Matthews over Stützle because Matthews is an elite player.

I’d take Thachuk over Marner factoring in salaries.

So that’s:

Matthews
Stützle
Tkachuk
Marner

Ranking goalies separately, I’d go Ullmark over Woll. It would be closer if I was more confident in Woll staying healthy.

So it’s:

Ullmark
Woll

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad