Player Discussion Matthew Poitras II

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm big on this kid. I think he looked great last game, even before OT. There will be some growing pains, and hopefully less injuries, but his ability to create stands out with our lack of offensive depth. Montgomery seems to put him in spots for that which is great. He's solid at protecting the puck, I hope he can learn a bit about leverage from Marchand to get even better.
Not gunna get too crazy with expectations but I think he'd be a great fit on RW with Marchand and Coyle. He def should be on PP2 as well. Although playing a full season as 3C would be huge for his development too.
Nevermind
And growing pains there were.

That's the kind of mistake you sit upstairs for a game for. Maybe good for him in the long run but what a horrendous time to blow it.

Reactions: Alicat and Bmessy

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Kid turned it over (like 63+88 all the time) but stopped the shot on the backcheck.

Coyle turned it over in front of net on a soft drive-by.

Goal is on Coyle primarily.
1 st Panthers goal, is a bad puck management behind Bruins net
2 nd goal, CC loses and bad slot coverage.
3 rd bad Poitras turnover and CC did skate to back check, but I really don't know what he was thinking.
4 th goal.... lose puck while D making a change.

All 4 goals are not the result of sustain Panthers offensive work... but IMO on Bruins bad puck management. That is not on talent, it is concentration.

What is talent is Reinhart capitalizing on the opportunity though

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I said I wanted him strictly at center. And I still do. But this teams severe lack of options for a top 6 RW option not named Pastrnak might force Monty to put him there.

Of the other options (Geekie, Brazeau, Tufte, Freddy? etc) he’s far and away the most offensively talented option they have.

Kid makes *hit happen.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Anyone else love this kid? I think he is going to be a great player. He is really good without the puck. Has great vision and a nice shot.
I do like the player. He hustles at both ends and has good offensive instincts. Unfortunately, he needs to get stronger so he can stay on pucks better. He gets tossed out of the way too often.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I do like the player. He hustles at both ends and has good offensive instincts. Unfortunately, he needs to get stronger so he can stay on pucks better. He gets tossed out of the way too often.

And/or a step quicker. Feel like he is more likely to get a step quicker next season than to get his grownup body. The head is there tho.

Reactions: Forester65

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
And/or a step quicker. Feel like he is more likely to get a step quicker next season than to get his grownup body. The head is there tho.
Hockey IQ is there, effort is there, skill is there.

It's all about a balance of getting stronger without losing a step. I think he gained almost 10 lbs of muscle this offseason but it seems like he is a half a step slower.

Not worried in the slightest about this kid developing, it just doesn't happen overnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad