Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Aside from the sting of being demoted, isn't it a real drop in earnings too?

Regardless, the kid needs the ice time to develope. Only right solution. We'll see him again soon enough.
He might not be back if this team shows they can man up and have one another's backs in some heated games which will happen . We'll see who wants to go with Wilson and a few more ....if they do ....then it easily enough could be a stretch before he returns and maybe with another club who want a guy to play along with their young picks . Other teams will be asking about him if trade talks for a playoff bolstered roster happens .

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Aside from the sting of being demoted, isn't it a real drop in earnings too?

Regardless, the kid needs the ice time to develope. Only right solution. We'll see him again soon enough.
Yes, his base salary when he's on the NHL roster is $775K. He gets a daily amount based on that number. When he's in the minors his salary is $70K, so less than 10% of his NHL salary. I mean it's part of the process for most young players that aren't stars, but it's still a big hit.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, his base salary when he's on the NHL roster is $775K. He gets a daily amount based on that number. When he's in the minors his salary is $70K, so less than 10% of his NHL salary. I mean it's part of the process for most young players that aren't stars, but it's still a big hit.

I wonder if he has an $8,000 a month apartment.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Edstrom has fought one time against Jack McBain and in that fight he landed one punch though it was a powerful blow. That doesn't really make him into a fighter. McBain is an aggressive player who will fight 3/4 times a year. He's tough but there are others a lot more serious even on his own team.

I really wouldn't like to see Adam up against Tom Wilson who has fought more than 100 times and who pretty much concussed Jamie Oleksiak (Edstrom's size and a guy with some reputation as a fighter) a few years back. Maybe Adam would do okay but he'd have to hold Wilson at a distance and sometimes when a fight is spontaneous one player takes some advantage over another and Wilson will do that. He will jump somebody.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Edstrom has fought one time against Jack McBain and in that fight he landed one punch though it was a powerful blow. That doesn't really make him into a fighter. McBain is an aggressive player who will fight 3/4 times a year. He's tough but there are others a lot more serious even on his own team.

I really wouldn't like to see Adam up against Tom Wilson who has fought more than 100 times and who pretty much concussed Jamie Oleksiak (Edstrom's size and a guy with some reputation as a fighter) a few years back. Maybe Adam would do okay but he'd have to hold Wilson at a distance and sometimes when a fight is spontaneous one player takes some advantage over another and Wilson will do that. He will jump somebody.
I actually would like to see Trouba go with Wilson ....he is the Captain . He would likely do OK . I think Wilson will avoid Rempe and as you think...jump somebody like Cuylle or Edstrom/Schneider .

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I actually would like to see Trouba go with Wilson ....he is the Captain . He would likely do OK . I think Wilson will avoid Rempe and as you think...jump somebody like Cuylle or Edstrom/Schneider .

I don't know. I wouldn't want Trouba trying that honestly. Wilson is a shitbird but he's a pretty good fighter. Better than Trouba IMO. I don't look at Wilson as a top NHL heavyweight but he's the next rung below. Trouba's down like three rungs. It could end up with neither getting much advantage but I don't see Jacob's chances of beating Wilson as being very high. Wilson's chances would be a lot higher.

I don't know whether Wilson will look to avoid Rempe. We might find out if Rempe's in the lineup on Tuesday. Wilson asked Rempe last year in the playoffs and Rempe smartly turned him down as the Rangers had everything going for them in that series and in that particular game. Again I don't like Wilson but there's also a difference when it comes to current playing ability. Rempe taking Wilson off for 5 minutes or more hurts Washington a lot more than us as Wilson is one of their better players. So there's that reason why Wilson might not look to start something with Rempe too. The fear thing is real but both Wilson and Rempe have acted often enough proactively on their own fears that that's not really an issue.

To me part of shit like this happening is also to see if one player can sucker the other into taking an extra penalty.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I don't know. I wouldn't want Trouba trying that honestly. Wilson is a shitbird but he's a pretty good fighter. Better than Trouba IMO. I don't look at Wilson as a top NHL heavyweight but he's the next rung below. Trouba's down like three rungs. It could end up with neither getting much advantage but I don't see Jacob's chances of beating Wilson as being very high. Wilson's chances would be a lot higher.

I don't know whether Wilson will look to avoid Rempe. We might find out if Rempe's in the lineup on Tuesday. Wilson asked Rempe last year in the playoffs and Rempe smartly turned him down as the Rangers had everything going for them in that series and in that particular game. Again I don't like Wilson but there's also a difference when it comes to current playing ability. Rempe taking Wilson off for 5 minutes or more hurts Washington a lot more than us as Wilson is one of their better players. So there's that reason why Wilson might not look to start something with Rempe too. The fear thing is real but both Wilson and Rempe have acted often enough proactively on their own fears that that's not really an issue.

To me part of shit like this happening is also to see if one player can sucker the other into taking an extra penalty.
LOL...in all likelihood Rempe will likely get an extra . I don't care though about the two minutes if he can hammer him . Have to remember the Undertaker likely will be dressed as well .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad