Traded Mathieu Joseph traded to Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
jags-fan-wth.gif

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I also wish we could bring back more players off a shit team that was shitty.
Guy got healthy scratched last year for some bulllshit - remake the roster.

Tkachuk Stuzle G
Norris Pinto Batherson
Perron Greig Amadio
Crookshank Ostapchuk Gregor

Sandy Zub
Chabot Jensen
Klevin ?

Ullmark
Forsy

Way better team, more roster flexibility - all done with his hands tied behind his back.
Nice work SS
I especially like Norris on the wing...where he belongs!!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Reeeeeally bad asset management so far.

Doesn't seem to be a big priority with Staios, which is very unfortunate.

Got signs of it when we tried to trade for Tanev/Ullmark at the deadline last year when playoffs were out of reach. Massive red flag.

Hopefully he'll learn on the job how important it is to properly manage our limited assets. Can't afford to be pissing more futures away after Dorion already did that for years.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Staios is an idiot.

He may have shown some patience and intelligence with the Ullmark move, but this is just stupid. Why are we paying to move someone who is paid fairly? We now have to go out and find a PK guy as good as Joseph was.

• Haha
Reactions: Cosmix and guyzeur

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
way better team?

Goaltending should be better but I am not sure about the rest. Chychrun, Senko, Joseph out and Jensen, Perron, Amadio are in
All of the guys we're bringing in are much better fits stylistically and will compliment our top players by addressing a lot of needs. We're less talented, but we were already a very skilled team, we can afford to lose some in order to bring in the complimentary pieces we needed. All these guys will make our best players better.

Reactions: LiseL and Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

That must have been one tough negotiation. What do you want for him... Nothing... Well how 'bout you attach a 3rd round pick in next year's draft.. OK.

Very hard to understand Joseph having negative value.
I mean was this we tried 32 teams and no takers for free. So no one would have taken him on waivers must have been the assessment. Hard to fathom.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Staios is an idiot.

He may have shown some patience and intelligence with the Ullmark move, but this is just stupid. Why are we paying to move someone who is paid fairly? We now have to go out and find a PK guy as good as Joseph was.

We did, we signed one for 850k.

850k is closer to Joseph's real value, but he makes 2.95, which is why no teams wanted to take him on.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024

That must have been one tough negotiation. What do you want for him... Nothing... Well how 'bout you attach a 3rd round pick in next year's draft.. OK.

I mean was this we tried 32 teams and no takers for free. So no one would have taken him on waivers must have been the assessment. Hard to fathom.

It's not that hard to understand, really. Joseph was a mostly underperforming, very inconsistent player on a bad, very inconsistent team.

It's easy to see why other teams would ask, "why would we want that?".

Reactions: LiseL

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Cap is a major problem for all teams in the NHL who are trying to compete.

Reactions: stlwahoo

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We did, we signed one for 850k.

850k is closer to Joseph's real value, but he makes 2.95, which is why no teams wanted to take him on.
Gregor has played a total of 85 minutes short handed in his career.

Joseph played 130 in his 72 games last season.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Maybe don't sign declining PP merchants like Perron?

I think Staios wants to surround Tkachuk and Stützle with guys who have good habits, compete hard in games + practice, and have a pedigree of winning instead of guys who want to cash their paycheque and have a good time on weekends.

Perron is more of a Tarasenko replacement, if we're being honest, as well.

Gregor will do what Joseph did for much less money.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

When the other party knows you have to get rid of the player and cannot take any money back, they have you bent over a desk.

This is why managing the cap well is so important.

Reactions: LiseL

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
I’m not sure why everyone is upset. We are spending some assets to keep key guys and change some faces on the team. We need a different look going into next year.

Reactions: Alex1234 and LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad