Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Joseph traded to Blues

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
It's fascinating to me that this fanbase watched this roster shit the bed last year yet are so attached and think that many of the players who shit that bed are good and should stay for this upcoming season.
No offence but this is a simplistic way of looking at things. Our issues last year were
1.Goaltending
2.Poor team D
3. Special teams.

Joseph is good defensively and on the PK, and obviously has nothing to do with goaltending, trading him doesn't improve anything.

Reactions: Cosmix and chipsens

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Buyout would have costed 4.4 real dollars over four years and cap hit of 750k for the next two years then 1.1 the last two years of it. Basically sent a third to save money. This obviously not Eugene Melnyk cheap but definitely annoying and not something money teams would be doing

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I really like Joseph and what he brings on ice: speed, motor, good pk guy. But he is streaky offensively, even for a 3rd liner, despite some decent mitts. I also wish he was a bit more punishing and physical. But a good player who I imagine will carve a role out there.

Not sure a player of his caliber requires a pick to push a trade through ( stl will end up realizing what a great deal they got once he’s in the lineup) but cap space is so valuable these days and this teams cap predicament puts them in a vulnerable spot.

If a long term pinto signing is the outcome here, I suppose it was a required move by Staios.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
No offence but this is a simplistic way of looking at things. Our issues last year were
1.Goaltending
2.Poor team D
3. Special teams.

Joseph is good defensively and on the PK, and obviously has nothing to do with goaltending, trading him doesn't improve anything.

I don't know where the myth of Joseph being good defensively came from, but it's not true.

His speed is an asset on the PK, and through the neutral zone, but he sucks in his own end.

Reactions: LiseL and PeskySens

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It really is amazing. We see this little speedster out there that seems like a useful piece and no team in the league would even take him for free. Where is the disconnect here.

We are seeing a two tiered league develop, one of massive money core players, and everybody else.

Joseph is part of everybody else, and if his salary isn't suitably economical, he's a cap liability.

Reactions: PeskySens

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Seems like there’s more that we don’t know. I think Joseph traded for future considerations alone would be surprising, let alone the pick added. If he’s getting traded for that, clearly the demand wasn’t there.

Reactions: LiseL and Matsens15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad