Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Joseph and 2025 3rd round pick for future considerations

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Huge steal for the Blues, don’t get fooled by the fact that the Sens added a pick; you are going to LOVE Joseph

He’s a very good bottom-6 forward. People look at total points and that’s where the analysis stops.

Mathieu is one of the fastest players in the league and best PKers too. He finished 5th in ES scoring for Sens last season. He is way more valuable than a player like 36 y/o David Perron for example but unfortunately, that’s what it is. Our management has very archaic views and somehow think that 10 players can be on the first PP at the same time to rack the points.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Huge steal for the Blues, don’t get fooled by the fact that the Sens added a pick; you are going to LOVE Joseph

He’s a very good bottom-6 forward. People look at total points and that’s where the analysis stops.

Mathieu is one of the fastest players in the league and best PKers too. He finished 5th in ES scoring for Sens last season. He is way more valuable than a player like 36 y/o David Perron for example but unfortunately, that’s what it is. Our management has very archaic views and somehow think that 10 players can be on the first PP at the same time to rack the points.
Appreciate the scouting report, hope Perron works out well for you guys!

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Good trade for you Blues, this has been Staios' dumbest move so far. We replaced Joseph with Amadio who costs 300k less, but is worse in almost every tangible way, but he has a ring so he brings 'winning' experience.

Joseph will be your fastest skater, a mainstay on your PK, and he won't take a night off. He's a 20-30point winger who can be plugged wherever you need. Won't be surprised if the Blues flip him for a 2nd rounder or more come deadline day.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yep. I’ll always love Perron but give me 27 yr old Joseph at $2.95M over 36 yr old Perron at $4M every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Abso-f***ing-lutely. Agreed 1000%.

From reading sens fans on the main boards, it sounds like a big part of this trade for their org was trying to institute a culture shift in the locker room. I doubt his on ice impact will be worth $4 x 2, but they’re probably hoping Perron can come in and be a good vet presence in the room while still contributing some on the ice as well.

Joseph is one of their few younger players that is not a core player and has a movable contract w/ significant dollars on it. I’m hoping that getting traded like this will be wake up call for him, and I like that we have a good vet locker room (not to mention his brother!) to help support his growth.

Frankly, I love this trade for the Blues and think it will age poorly for Ottawa. Honestly wish Perron the best tho, and I have nothing against the sens. Even if we have their 3rd I’m not gonna be actively rooting for them fail…but I won’t cry tears if they do haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad