Matheson punches Pettersson in the head from behind, body slams him to the ice. Pettersson concussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Exactly my thoughts. Matheson, 2mins for Too Much Man? The Canucks knew that Pete is physically immature for the NHL but they still rolled the dice. You reap what you sow.
You call that a man? The guy is feet first up in the air and he decides to slam into the ice. Where I come from that's called a coward.

This is exactly how a bertuzzi situation cultivates. The league has to respond or the Canucks will exact revenge.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
You call that a man? The guy is feet first up in the air and he decides to slam into the ice. Where I come from that's called a coward.

This is exactly how a bertuzzi situation cultivates. The league has to respond or the Canucks will exact revenge.

The Canucks bench probably didn't have a clue what the commotion summoned by the press was about until someone showed the replay and, thus, no Canucks player didn't respond to the so called incident. Yeah, it's a bad outcome for the kid but that stuff happens almost every round of NHL hockey, especially in the playoffs. The Cats players like Barkov and Ekblad have gotten their share of the same treatment but much of it can be attributed that they can't protect themselves so they had to bulk up and not rely on the illusion that other teams go easy on your better players. This is just a media fabrication that a Canadian market hockey prospect whose got couple of goals under his name got his head jolted a bit. If this league starts to cater for every 150lbs scrawny kid out there then this league might as well cover their players in bubblewrap.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
The Canucks bench probably didn't have a clue what the commotion summoned by the press was about until someone showed the replay and, thus, no Canucks player didn't respond to the so called incident. Yeah, it's a bad outcome for the kid but that stuff happens almost every round of NHL hockey, especially in the playoffs. The Cats players like Barkov and Ekblad have gotten their share of the same treatment but much of it can be attributed that they can't protect themselves so they had to bulk up and not rely on the illusion that other teams go easy on your better players. This is just a media fabrication that a Canadian market hockey prospect whose got couple of goals under his name got his head jolted a bit. If this league starts to cater for every 150lbs scrawny kid out there then this league might as well cover their players in bubblewrap.

That does not happen in every round of NHL hockey.

Find me a compilation of guys being bodyslammed to the ice. There won't be many. Know why? Because it isn't part of the game.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
3rd period in a one goal game.

I get it. I don't like it, but I get why nobody went after him.

Because those two points will make the difference between the Canucks finishing third or fourth last.

They should have taken him to task.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Steve Moore got his head jolted just a little bit. What a scrawny wimp.

all due respect, but you don't even know how much Pettersson weighs. It's good that there are lots of hockey fans out there such as yourself, but for more sophisticated topics like this, you are unqualified. sorry.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
2 minutes for being stronger than the other guy

Wait that's not a real penalty

Well play on then boys

Don't like it someone grow a pair and step up

Hit to the shoulder, one arm shove to the ground

Zero chance there's even a hearing

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
2 minutes for being stronger than the other guy

Wait that's not a real penalty

Well play on then boys

Don't like it someone grow a pair and step up

Hit to the shoulder, one arm shove to the ground

Zero chance there's even a hearing
You don't seem to get it. If the league doesn't respond, someone will most definitely grow a pair, and it could get ugly. have you watched hockey more than a few years?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Wow, really sorry for Nucks fans on this one, I'm really looking forward to seeing Petersson this season and beyond.

But...nothing wrong with that play IMO.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
My god you people complain about literally everything. Next step no hitting!

Too bad about Pettersson, he’ll be back soon and will be fine. Let’s calm down a little bit.

Reactions: beukeboom

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yeah misleading title...i was expecting attempted murder but the outrage i feel is more like when you see a cute lion cub get eaten by an alligator vs when an alligator chomps on a gazelle.

Jan 21, 2018
clean hit.
unnecessary throw down.

also matheson isn't a plug. i'm actually surprised he was able to throw a player down like that, if pettersson wasn't 90 pounds this play wouldn't even have happened.

if it has to be a suspension i'd say 1 game to send a message, no need to toss a kid like that

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
This is why so many young players need to get stronger. Man vs boy yielded the expected result.

Very unremarkable to me.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
This is why so many young players need to get stronger. Man vs boy yielded the expected result.

Very unremarkable to me.
Idiotic comment! What if that was Gretzky coming in to the league?, the Candians here would have gotten the hizzy fits.. And Im sure Gretzkys neck wasnt a log at that age or ever either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad