Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I mean ... that's still kinda a lot of content. :laugh:
Yeah....it's odd too because outside of one year, they've only ever released more than 3 movies a year. Same year they released 5(!!!!) TV shows as well. 2021 seems to be an anomaly though because they only released 3 TV shows the next year.

The quote is more accurate if he says "We're sticking to releasing the same amount of movies as we previously did but we're only doing 2 TV shows a year instead of the 3 we did in 2022."

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Reactions: Fripp

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Didn't realize Hit Monkey was going to get a second season

Hit-Monkey​

Variety additionally reports Christin Miloti has joined the cast of Hit-Monkey’s second season as Iris, a character who has “grown up vowing never to be like the father, Bryce, who abandoned her. When fate brings them back together, she realizes that she and her old man are cut from the same cloth as they hurtle towards a final reconciliation.”

Reactions: barriers

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Honestly I'm so in for RDJ as Doom. Lots of people mad about the hiring but I think he'd be so insanely good in the role and I'm also very interested in how they're going to do it

Russo's doing both movies is also great. Again, people can just get mad that maybe they're doing this "Out of desperation" but who f***ing cares. They killed it in the MCU so far.

Reactions: bh53 and Guardian17

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
So Doom is just gonna be a Tony Stark variant, how f***ing original. :rolleyes:

RDJ is a decade older then Pascal who's Reed Richards, I totally believe they were collage rivals. Either that or Doom is the MCU Blutarsky who just never decides to leave.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It’s kind of fitting that the guy who brought the MCU into time travel and the multiverse is the one who destroys said universe into Secret Wars

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
I'm not exactly thrilled Doom is tall, menacing, intimidating, and terrifying, Robert Downey Jr. is a 5'8 bean pole who's as intimidating as a Jack Russel Terrier. Not to mention he's a bit old to be Doom he's gonna be 62 when this comes out.

Last edited:

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I find it more boring that they are going the Doctor Doom route already. As if the Fantastic Four did not have other enemies.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
I find it more boring that they are going the Doctor Doom route already. As if the Fantastic Four did not have other enemies.
They already confirmed Galactus and Shalla-Bal Silver Surfer (Because of course we cant get the Norrin Rad surfer after all he only came first, is more known, and had more stories published) for Fantastic Four: The First Steps (Dumb title BTW that doesnt fit the Fantastic Four at all.) I would have gone with "The First Family" or "The Coming of Galactus", Anything else that doesnt make them sound like a bunch of rookies or inexperienced heroes, it's set in the mid 60s a good few years into their careers from what it sounds like.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So Doom is just gonna be a Tony Stark variant, how f***ing original. :rolleyes:

RDJ is a decade older then Pascal who's Reed Richards, I totally believe they were collage rivals. Either that or Doom is the MCU Blutarsky who just never decides to leave.
Given Reed's intellect, it's reasonable to assume he would've been in university at a ridiculously early age... in fact, that could be what plants the seed early on as rivals, as the 16-year old genius prodigy Victor is being upstaged by someone academically for the first time in his life, and it's by someone half his age

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Feels like they're using Doom in a sense that doesn't justify him as a big bad. Like they're just throwing him in there after Kang's issues. I guess they're really leaning on rebooting the MCU after Secret Wars that they are looking at concisely wrapping the saga up in order to move on.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Feels like they're using Doom in a sense that doesn't justify him as a big bad. Like they're just throwing him in there after Kang's issues. I guess they're really leaning on rebooting the MCU after Secret Wars that they are looking at concisely wrapping the saga up in order to move on.
Sounds like Secret Wars will kill off the whole multiverse concept, and Fantastic Four is the full scale reset point since it's said to be set in the early 60s, and I'd assume X-Men won't be that far off and be set somewhere either in the mid 60's to early 70s.

Last edited:
Reactions: BertCorbeau

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s very “Saturday morning cartoon” of them to bring back RDJ but I actually think it’ll be f***ing sick.

Doom is a badass villain and they can’t screw it up if they seriously want to make something to the same quality as Endgame

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
RDJ got his bank, then he got his Oscar, and now he's going to get another bank.

Good for him.

And man, I know that there's no way they could've kept the lid on this, but imagine a timeline where RDJ was announced years ago as just an executive producer moving forward on the franchise, was credited as such for a few films, Doomsday came out, and then out of the blue in the theaters is where we first saw the reveal.

Also, nice preventative snipe to ensure that a future Gunn DC film can't just be called Doomsday.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I love the casting, but hate it at the same time. he's obviously gonna crush it. But god I hate the Multi-verse. It eliminates the stakes.

Oh well, I'll be there opening night

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
RDJ got his bank, then he got his Oscar, and now he's going to get another bank.

Good for him.

And man, I know that there's no way they could've kept the lid on this, but imagine a timeline where RDJ was announced years ago as just an executive producer moving forward on the franchise, was credited as such for a few films, Doomsday came out, and then out of the blue in the theaters is where we first saw the reveal.

Also, nice preventative snipe to ensure that a future Gunn DC film can't just be called Doomsday.
There were 2 movies called "Crash" one by Cronenberg about people who get sexually aroused by car cashes and the other one about racism, so that ends that idea, not to mention there was also a movie in 2008 called Doomsday, so yeah I'm sure DC can use "Doomsday" if they so chose, in fact they already made a movie called Doomsday.

undefined

You lose, Thanks for playing, Smithers release the hounds.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
So Kang is completely done now eh? Woof on that storyline.

Anyway I think we all knew RDJ would be back for the eventual secret wars movie, this is just a year and movie early.

Now do they go the whole RDJ Doom as the villain of Secret Wars and then also have the MCU Iron Man in it as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad