Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Figured a cash cow for both companies and allows Sony to hold on to the property, use Spider-Man in future properties on their side like Venom etc. It was a no brainer IMO to continue the partnership.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I can only imagine the type of leverage that Holland had in that as a negotiation. It's pretty comparable to when Marvel was negotiating with Robert Downey Jr.,where so much of the success of when entire franchise rests on an individual.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Speculation is mounting that The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus may have been cast, or is in talks to play the Marvel Cinematic Universe's rebooted take on Ghost Rider.

THE WALKING DEAD Star Norman Reedus Fuels Speculation That He's Been Cast As GHOST RIDER

LinearBadDikdik.webp

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
And they have basically officially put them outside the MCU looks like. Even with Cox's Murdoch showing up in Spider-Man, on D+ the shows are not under the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" banner but under "The Defenders Saga".

In other news there is a rumor that insiders are saying that Olsen has signed a new contract and there will be 2 Scarlet Witch projects. One based on the Young Avengers storyline "The Children's Crusade" which would be a show and then probably a "solo" movie.

Reactions: bh53

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
In other news there is a rumor that insiders are saying that Olsen has signed a new contract and there will be 2 Scarlet Witch projects. One based on the Young Avengers storyline "The Children's Crusade" which would be a show and then probably a "solo" movie.
In the comics, The Children's Crusade is Wiccan and Speed trying to find their mother with Magneto and the other Young Avengers after the aftermath of House of M. They find her without her memory and engaged to Dr. Doom. And that's just the beginning. The MCU version would have to be a lot different, but I could see how it could work assuming the twins show up in Multiverse of Madness and Wanda is missing at the end.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In the comics, The Children's Crusade is Wiccan and Speed trying to find their mother with Magneto and the other Young Avengers after the aftermath of House of M. They find her without her memory and engaged to Dr. Doom. And that's just the beginning. The MCU version would have to be a lot different, but I could see how it could work assuming the twins show up in Multiverse of Madness and Wanda is missing at the end.
Yep, I figure it will be a way to introduce Doctor Doom outside the FF and bring her kids back and create the Young Avengers in the MCU as we have been seeing them add various characters of late that are linked to the Young Avengers.

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
Yep, I figure it will be a way to introduce Doctor Doom outside the FF and bring her kids back and create the Young Avengers in the MCU as we have been seeing them add various characters of late that are linked to the Young Avengers.
I'd be surprised if they introduced Dr Doom outside of the movies, but you never know. I could see Children's Crusade being a sort of sequel to Wandavision with Vision taking Magneto's role and Agatha coming back as the person holding Wanda.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'd be surprised if they introduced Dr Doom outside of the movies, but you never know. I could see Children's Crusade being a sort of sequel to Wandavision with Vision taking Magneto's role and Agatha coming back as the person holding Wanda.
Well they introduced Kang during the Loki show and he is expected to be one of the big bads for this phase and the next so I think anything is possible.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I was asked to turn on TV MA for Disney plus and was wondering why until I saw that Daredevil was on Disney plus. NGL kinda excited to watch as I hadn't seen chris cox in those before

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I have a felling the GotG Christmas special will be crazy.

During a recent interview with The Radio Times, James Gunn described The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special as the greatest thing he’s ever done:

The Holiday Special is the greatest thing I’ve ever done in my life. It’s totally ridiculous, and every day we can’t believe that we’re making it. We all completely love it. It is unlike anything that anyone’s ever seen before. I can’t wait for people to see it. And it’s out pretty soon. You know, it’s out this Christmas. It’s not like people have to wait that long.
Gunn also teased the special will introduce “more than one great new MCU character” on Twitter.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I have a felling the GotG Christmas special will be crazy.

During a recent interview with The Radio Times, James Gunn described The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special as the greatest thing he’s ever done:

Gunn also teased the special will introduce “more than one great new MCU character” on Twitter.

I mean they made this for the last one:

So yeah really looking forward to this! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad